Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 pm

MatteeG wrote:
heater31 wrote:[He was trying to chat up Sarah Jessica Parker? [emoji44]

She'd still qualify as a fine pickup at the Vic....

Compared to the rest of the southern suburbs slappers, my word.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:My son is only 2 so i have a long way to go before i worry about that, but i plan on telling him that a few drinks is ok, but NEVER drive and always look after your mates, as people do silly shit when they are pissed

Thats a tough one in it's own right .. A motto I've always lived by, but I've seen 1st and 2nd hand some pretty level headed blokes copping fair hidings through trying to diffuse situations to help their mates out. Not something I want for my boys, but at the same time I want them to look out for their mates.

I didnt really mean in terms of getting into fights - though i would still hope they try and diffuse the situation. its more i hope they dont get into a group of mates who gets into fights on regular occasions

was more thinking about making sure they dont leave them passed out somewhere, or let them drive pissed etc
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Paradise Hotel

Newly renovated, kind of has a Mediterranean feel to it with the white paint and arches and large open windows. Also there aretwo small cinemas with cartoons to entertain the kids.
Menu is an up-market pub meal, and it pulls it off*.

Three of us had shared serves of Cheesy Garlic Bread and Bruschetta
Mains of Pankato crumbed calamari, coconut covered prawn cutlets, pan-fried atlantic salmon. First two wth chips, latter with mash and broccoli. All got very good comments.
Deserts of 2 x maple fig puddings and a I had waffles with raspberry, toffee and cream. Raspberry was sensational, beuatiful flavour not artificial or sickly.
Couple of beers and wines
Included salad bar of the half-a-dozen standard salads all pretty good quality and could also order a serving of salad or vegies with your meal - like that they a choice rather than just one or the other.
Total $139.

Couple of small things were the mains coming out while still having our bread, but better than waiting. Also, having praised the food, the chips seemed just generic pub chips, which was kind of out of place with the rest of the experience.

Overall 9/10. Will be back to try some of the other things on their menu that sounded very tempting.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Stupid me goes to take the missus to the Lady Daly when there's an event at the End Centre. I assume when I'm not working there nothing's on but forget there's smaller shows when not all bars open up. Doh!
Ended up at the Royal of all places. Been a pub restaurant slut this week also did the Warradale and Findon on Tuesday which were both pretty good.
Had a nice craft beer at the Franklin yesterday too but it was quite wanky there.
Also had a beer at the Halfway Hotel tonight, best in town with top notch staff. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am

Birkenhead Tavern :

Half a dozen kilpatrick for entree, could smell and taste how fresh they were. Fantastic.

I went the King Henry Pork Cutlet, macadamia crusted with mash and sticky cider glaze. Cracking big pork cutlet, perfectly cooked, top notch.

Mrs Boon had the Chicken Breast Scallopine with smoky bacon, mushrooms, red onion, white win cream and mash. Nice lean chicken breast, good serving, feedback from across the table was great.

She had 3 rose' ( Enough ;) ), I had the Stone and Wood Cloud Catcher ( Poison thread ), came to $88 ( the beer was $12.50 and the oysters $12 which we wouldn't normally have ).

Went into the gaming room with 5 $1 coins and whacked them in the Dolphin, games on games and took $70 out so dinner and drinks set us back $18.

\:D/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 am

Booney wrote:Birkenhead Tavern :

Half a dozen kilpatrick for entree, could smell and taste how fresh they were. Fantastic.

I went the King Henry Pork Cutlet, macadamia crusted with mash and sticky cider glaze. Cracking big pork cutlet, perfectly cooked, top notch.

Mrs Boon had the Chicken Breast Scallopine with smoky bacon, mushrooms, red onion, white win cream and mash. Nice lean chicken breast, good serving, feedback from across the table was great.

She had 3 rose' ( Enough ;) ), I had the Stone and Wood Cloud Catcher ( Poison thread ), came to $88 ( the beer was $12.50 and the oysters $12 which we wouldn't normally have ).

Went into the gaming room with 5 $1 coins and whacked them in the Dolphin, games on games and took $70 out so dinner and drinks set us back $18.

Stuck in Queensland on Monday night and pissed off with the travel arrangements as they stuffed it up initially so I intended on making a fair dent on the food and beverage tab in return.

I ate in the front bar of the hotel I was staying at, bored out of my brains as they had no racing, I decided to play keno to fill in the time, got a spot 5 where I was expecting to collect $500 only to find they pay $640 up there, made the trip a bit more bearable.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote: I decided to play keno to fill in the time, got a spot 5.

Of course you did - I swear all you ever do is go around winning spot 5's!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am

Booney wrote:Birkenhead Tavern :

Stuck in Queensland on Monday night and pissed off with the travel arrangements as they stuffed it up initially so I intended on making a fair dent on the food and beverage tab in return.

I ate in the front bar of the hotel I was staying at, bored out of my brains as they had no racing, I decided to play keno to fill in the time, got a spot 5 where I was expecting to collect $500 only to find they pay $640 up there, made the trip a bit more bearable.

Oh, that's right, I need a review:
Springwood Towers Hotel.
Food was well priced but the quality and quantity reflected well,

Salt and Pepper Squid entree, 6 little pieces for $10
250g Rump for $15, could've cooked it better on a piece of galvainzed iron.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote: I decided to play keno to fill in the time, got a spot 5.

Of course you did - I swear all you ever do is go around winning spot 5's!

I hardly play it any more, won 13 in a year in 2014, two nights in a row on one occasion and funny enough, the day before my daughter's birthday and then the day before my sons.

I sit and watch for awhile and number watch, I have a system, it seems to work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Stumps » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 pm

Back on track here
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby JK » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:16 am

This one for Corona Man or anyone frequenting Melb ... just spent a day and night at Hotel 115 in Kew - Awesome place. Rooms modern and everything high quality and the place has its own microbrewery. Happy hours from 4-5.30 on their own brews, Pints $5 and Wine $4. Drank their Pale which tasted almost exactly like the Lashes.

Their buffet breakfast was on point, and their Menu and quality of food for dinner even better!

Those that had the rib-eyes raved about them, kids loved their burgers (they were awesome from the bit I tried) and my squid and crab cakes were brilliant!

Service oitstanding and highly recommend the place, overall venue rating 9/10
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:06 am

JK wrote:This one for Corona Man or anyone frequenting Melb ... just spent a day and night at Hotel 115 in Kew - Awesome place. Rooms modern and everything high quality and the place has its own microbrewery. Happy hours from 4-5.30 on their own brews, Pints $5 and Wine $4. Drank their Pale which tasted almost exactly like the Lashes.

Their buffet breakfast was on point, and their Menu and quality of food for dinner even better!

Those that had the rib-eyes raved about them, kids loved their burgers (they were awesome from the bit I tried) and my squid and crab cakes were brilliant!

Service oitstanding and highly recommend the place, overall venue rating 9/10

You a Saffer?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Took the family to the Royal Oak in Clarendon tonight for a feed, great spot sitting outside amongst the hills, few beers and good grub, still my fav pub down South.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 am

Hey @Spargo, did you end up trying the Burek Lounge?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @Spargo, did you end up trying the Burek Lounge?

No mate, didn’t get there that night. We definitely will though.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @Spargo, did you end up trying the Burek Lounge?

No mate, didn’t get there that night. We definitely will though.

I had a man date set up for Thursday there, but he cancelled.

He's just like the rest of them!!

PS. Burek Lounge is pretty f**kin good.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 am

HH3 wrote:
I had a man date set up for Thursday there, but he cancelled.

He's just like the rest of them!!

PS. Burek Lounge is pretty f**kin good.

Typical!

I'm yet to make my debut, if I'm careful and stick to my plan I'll go there and fat pig it in 2 weeks time.

I lost almost 20kgs, put 10 back on and dropped a couple off in the last week, I'll be more stringent now, it's been because I was drinking beer instead of CC's, I'm on the wagon atm and downing 1 coffee for the day and two litres of water.

The photo's of Burek make me want to start eating my arm.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:41 am

I jumped onto their facebook page to see what Burek was all about....
But its on my list of places to visit shortly
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I jumped onto their facebook page to see what Burek was all about....
But its on my list of places to visit shortly

Yep, a friend from work lives around the corner from it, she tagged me on there one day, total meat fest, great deals!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Is there a decent Burger Joint down deep south (South of Reynella) open for lunch?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion