ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:35 am

bloods08 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Last game of the season how’s finals shaping up you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1 and A2 finalists are settled. Para Hills, Pooraka, PAOC and Walkerville in A1 and in A2 it will be Ingle Farm, Old Scotch, Unley and Woodville Rechabites. A3 does my head in. Gepps Cross and Old Ignations plus two others. You tell us.

Trinity would also be guaranteed. Could almost jump old Iggies and Gepps with their outright win. Golden Grove would need a big stuff up as well to miss.

Yeah, the top 4 does look set. Brahma need to beat Golden Grove and somehow get an additional 3 more bonus points. That won't be easy
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
bloods08 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Last game of the season how’s finals shaping up you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1 and A2 finalists are settled. Para Hills, Pooraka, PAOC and Walkerville in A1 and in A2 it will be Ingle Farm, Old Scotch, Unley and Woodville Rechabites. A3 does my head in. Gepps Cross and Old Ignations plus two others. You tell us.

Trinity would also be guaranteed. Could almost jump old Iggies and Gepps with their outright win. Golden Grove would need a big stuff up as well to miss.

Yeah, the top 4 does look set. Brahma need to beat Golden Grove and somehow get an additional 3 more bonus points. That won't be easy

interesting game with gepps playing iggies this week. could be playing each other next game too.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby thevoice » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Relegation is interesting. In A1 it will be the loser of Goodwood v ROCS and either Reynella or Payneham. In A2 it will be Pembroke and either Brighton or Hectorville.

Brighton would be dirty they didn't get on Saturday. Big job to beat Scotch and stay up, especially with the 350+ they're scoring each weekend.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Pistol - NEKCC » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Hi All,

Sorry to hijack your page

I just wanted to post the following. Good luck to you all with the upcoming finals

North Eastern Knights Cricket Club

Based at Greenacres and in our first year at PDCA, we are looking for expressions of interest for the 2018/2019 season. Ideally we are looking for someone who has played in Adelaide Turf or a high level within PDCA to assist our club in both a coaching/player role, providing valuable experience to our players while also helping with recruitment if possible.

We are a positive, family club with great facilities, various off field events and are very keen to establish ourselves within PDCA. Currently our A Grade are sitting 3rd in Div 2 and our B Grade are sitting 3rd in Div 4 but we are ambitious and would love to improve both grades and be successful at the highest possible level within PDCA.

Please contact myself, Peter Atkins on here or at pistol211@yahoo.com to discuss the above further.
Sent Off - Carried Off - Never Backed Off
Pistol - NEKCC
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby threestars » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:24 am

Trinity would also be guaranteed. Could almost jump old Iggies and Gepps with their outright win. Golden Grove would need a big stuff up as well to miss.[/quote]
Yeah, the top 4 does look set. Brahma need to beat Golden Grove and somehow get an additional 3 more bonus points. That won't be easy[/quote]

interesting game with gepps playing iggies this week. could be playing each other next game too.[/quote]

And also Pulteney's last game as a club....hearing whispers of a merger between Glenunga and them in the off-season. A disappointing result if it was the case. Although the ATCA have brought in a few clubs over the past few seasons (Adelaide Lutheran, Sturt in LO2 etc), it should be concerning to lose Penfield and possibly Pulteney from the A Grade Competition.

I still believe a 10 Team Competition is the way forward - 9x2 day games with two weekends set aside (around Xmas) for Triple Headers of T20s - good way for clubs to make $$ through the bar, doesn't compromise clubs especially the strong A1 clubs who have to field two + teams first week back in the new year and just keeps the competition strong.
threestars
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 am

threestars wrote:And also Pulteney's last game as a club....hearing whispers of a merger between Glenunga and them in the off-season. A disappointing result if it was the case. Although the ATCA have brought in a few clubs over the past few seasons (Adelaide Lutheran, Sturt in LO2 etc), it should be concerning to lose Penfield and possibly Pulteney from the A Grade Competition.

That's interesting. Their football clubs supposedly came quite close to tying the knot 12-18 months ago. Would make some sense.

I still believe a 10 Team Competition is the way forward - 9x2 day games with two weekends set aside (around Xmas) for Triple Headers of T20s - good way for clubs to make $$ through the bar, doesn't compromise clubs especially the strong A1 clubs who have to field two + teams first week back in the new year and just keeps the competition strong.

This would be a great structure. Ten teams with top four plus two relegated keeps it interesting for every team right through to the end of the season.

T20s when the BBL is on and it's flavour of the month would be good too.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:49 am

threestars wrote: And also Pulteney's last game as a club....hearing whispers of a merger between Glenunga and them in the off-season. A disappointing result if it was the case. Although the ATCA have brought in a few clubs over the past few seasons (Adelaide Lutheran, Sturt in LO2 etc), it should be concerning to lose Penfield and possibly Pulteney from the A Grade Competition.

This doesn't surprise me. Pulteney looked like they were in all sorts of trouble when we played them. They were having fun, but certainly didn't look a club on the up and up.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby threestars » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:01 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
threestars wrote:And also Pulteney's last game as a club....hearing whispers of a merger between Glenunga and them in the off-season. A disappointing result if it was the case. Although the ATCA have brought in a few clubs over the past few seasons (Adelaide Lutheran, Sturt in LO2 etc), it should be concerning to lose Penfield and possibly Pulteney from the A Grade Competition.

That's interesting. Their football clubs supposedly came quite close to tying the knot 12-18 months ago. Would make some sense.

This would be a great structure. Ten teams with top four plus two relegated keeps it interesting for every team right through to the end of the season.

I am not so sure about relegation....I know clubs struggle to recruit when listed in an A4/B1 Competition so there needs to be some adjustment to the promotion/regulation by-laws. Perhaps your A Grade cannot be relegated from A4/B1 just to help these clubs out. Plus looking at the ladders across the competition - Kilburn, Gaza, Adelaide Lutheran, Para Hills B Grade could certainly play in an A4 Competition to make the A Grade (A1-A4) full of 40 teams.
threestars
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:21 am

Kilburn need to get into a division with umpires supplied every week. Witnessed the worst ever case of cheating last weekend. Never seen the entire fielding side so worked up over a non decision.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Trader » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:26 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
threestars wrote:I still believe a 10 Team Competition is the way forward - 9x2 day games with two weekends set aside (around Xmas) for Triple Headers of T20s - good way for clubs to make $$ through the bar, doesn't compromise clubs especially the strong A1 clubs who have to field two + teams first week back in the new year and just keeps the competition strong.

Nah, why drop back from 21 weeks to just 18.

The proposal for 8 team comps is FAR better. Play everyone home and away in 7x2-dayers and 7x1-dayers to maintain the 21 weeks cricket.
Also provides a good mix of both 2-day and 1-day games, as over the last 5 seasons there has been a strong push to the 1-day format, lets limit that drain and keep as many teams as possible in the 2-day comp.
Also with 4 of the 8 playing finals, and 2 getting relegated, it keeps all the games relevant.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Trader » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:29 am

heater31 wrote:Kilburn need to get into a division with umpires supplied every week. Witnessed the worst ever case of cheating last weekend. Never seen the entire fielding side so worked up over a non decision.

Quite a few clubs starting to fall into this category.

The worst part is when they then get umpires, the opposition has to pay half, despite the fact that it is the other team that has created the need for an umpire.
These repeat offenders that are causing umpires to be allocated to their games should be charged the full cost.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:37 am

I heard last night that next year 12's and 10's will be playing on shorter turf wickets.
Brighton did it on their no1 ground on the weekend, so bowlers running in on a good length.
Curators nightmare!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:38 am

tigerpie wrote:I heard last night that next year 12's and 10's will be playing on shorter turf wickets.
Brighton did it on their no1 ground on the weekend, so bowlers running in on a good length.
Curators nightmare!
Cheers, Cricket Australia!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:42 am

heater31 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:I heard last night that next year 12's and 10's will be playing on shorter turf wickets.
Curators nightmare!

Exactly!
Looks like our kids will be playing hard wicket next year.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:46 am

Trader wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
threestars wrote:I still believe a 10 Team Competition is the way forward - 9x2 day games with two weekends set aside (around Xmas) for Triple Headers of T20s - good way for clubs to make $$ through the bar, doesn't compromise clubs especially the strong A1 clubs who have to field two + teams first week back in the new year and just keeps the competition strong.

Nah, why drop back from 21 weeks to just 18.

The proposal for 8 team comps is FAR better. Play everyone home and away in 7x2-dayers and 7x1-dayers to maintain the 21 weeks cricket.
Also provides a good mix of both 2-day and 1-day games, as over the last 5 seasons there has been a strong push to the 1-day format, lets limit that drain and keep as many teams as possible in the 2-day comp.
Also with 4 of the 8 playing finals, and 2 getting relegated, it keeps all the games relevant.

I'm a big fan of the 8 team comp as outlined by Trader. Should never be playing T20 games for points.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 am

heater31 wrote:
Curators nightmare!

Yep, a CA directive!!! I see teams score 17/89 and crap like that, when will administrators stop sanitizing our sports?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:32 am

Curators nightmare!

Curators won't mind*. It's the creases/footmarks at each end that become the biggest issue during a season. This will actually spread the wear and tear out a bit.

*well, curators don't want any junior cricket or extra games played on their wickets really. So they 'won't mind' anymore than they do already
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Curators nightmare!

Yep, a CA directive!!! I see teams score 17/89 and crap like that, when will administrators stop sanitizing our sports?

50-80+ extras in an innings is excrutiating though. Teaches nothing
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby mickey » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Curators nightmare!

Curators won't mind*. It's the creases/footmarks at each end that become the biggest issue during a season. This will actually spread the wear and tear out a bit.

*well, curators don't want any junior cricket or extra games played on their wickets really. So they 'won't mind' anymore than they do already
except that footmarks will now be on a good length for proper cricket. Junior cricket wouldn't be as big of a problem of they wore spikes. Rubber soled shoes is what does the damage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby tigerpie » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Curators nightmare!

Rubbish! I encourage juniors to play on turf as much as we can.
The wear marks will now be in the danger area hence curators nightmare comment.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps