Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:43 pm

norm11 wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Heard last night AV struggling for netball once again? True/False? And thoughts?

Surprise surprise

Why do you hate the former clubs you’ve been affiliated with so much?

No wonder you get average references and struggle to get a decent senior job.. ;) :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby norm11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:27 am

The Bedge wrote:
norm11 wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Heard last night AV struggling for netball once again? True/False? And thoughts?

Surprise surprise

Why do you hate the former clubs you’ve been affiliated with so much?

No wonder you get average references and struggle to get a decent senior job.. ;) :D

Not at all champ. This is certainly not a whack. I just know being involved in trying to drive this move for both football and netball that the netball was always a struggle and wasn’t supported very well at all.

What other clubs have I been involved at that I have whacked???
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:30 am

From what I understand and here from other netball comps I have been involved in is that Angle Vale Netball Club has a seriously poor player culture. A lot of ladies who want to be number 1 and willing to try and get there, lots of different internal social groups amongst the girls as well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 am

whufc wrote:From what I understand and here from other netball comps I have been involved in is that Angle Vale Netball Club has a seriously poor player culture. A lot of ladies who want to be number 1 and willing to try and get there, lots of different internal social groups amongst the girls as well.
That's pretty much every netball club! Not unique to Angle Vale....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 am

whufc wrote:From what I understand and here from other netball comps I have been involved in is that Angle Vale Netball Club has a seriously poor player culture. A lot of ladies who want to be number 1 and willing to try and get there, lots of different internal social groups amongst the girls as well.

I'd think that with Angle Vale being quite metropolitan the girls have many more netball options that are closer, Argana Park has netball comps most nights and and there are numerous indoor centres, the travel factor would be what turns them away, they could spend up to 2 hours travelling for a 45 minute game and pay an entry fee.

The other clubs are used of it and most would be playing for their town which has more appeal.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'd think that with Angle Vale being quite metropolitan the girls have many more netball options that are closer, Argana Park has netball comps most nights and and there are numerous indoor centres, the travel factor would be what turns them away, they could spend up to 2 hours travelling for a 45 minute game and pay an entry fee.

The other clubs are used of it and most would be playing for their town which has more appeal.

so youre saying Angle Vale not a good fit for the comp. Reckon alot of people agreed with you but here we are with suburbia in a country comp. How in the hell the likes of Hummocks, United, Balaklava, United and Hamley are ever going to compete with AV when they get there house in order is beyond me. Especially with the current stupid player points system in place
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
so youre saying Angle Vale not a good fit for the comp. Reckon alot of people agreed with you but here we are with suburbia in a country comp. How in the hell the likes of Hummocks, United, Balaklava, United and Hamley are ever going to compete with AV when they get there house in order is beyond me. Especially with the current stupid player points system in place

The APFL needed an 8th team, given the proximity of Two Wells and Virginia, it made sense to allow Angle Vale in, their timing was a little out IMO, probably could've made the move 3 years sooner, I'm just saying that is the problem in the netball from my perspective.

Yes, it will be harder for Longies, Hummocks and Hamley to compete, especially in the juniors where Angle Vale have an impeccable record, their 17's have finished minor premiers for the past two seasons with one loss in each season, they won the flag by 82 points last season.

The 14's have finished 3rd both seasons of their existence.

It is a different feel at Angle Vale home games compared to the more rural games.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The APFL needed an 8th team, given the proximity of Two Wells and Virginia, it made sense to allow Angle Vale in, their timing was a little out IMO, probably could've made the move 3 years sooner, I'm just saying that is the problem in the netball from my perspective.

Yes, it will be harder for Longies, Hummocks and Hamley to compete, especially in the juniors where Angle Vale have an impeccable record, their 17's have finished minor premiers for the past two seasons with one loss in each season, they won the flag by 82 points last season.

It is a different feel at Angle Vale home games compared to the more rural games.

Angle Vale also used more players in those grades across the entire season than any other club.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby norm11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Far out days stop making sense. I hate agreeing with U.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

And youve just outlined why it will be a massive problem in the football. If they do it really well with their juniors they wont even need to buy players to win A grade flags. The comp will be down to 5 or 6 clubs within 10 years because of the decision to include AV. If they dont bring Netball why are they in the comp?
I cant remember were they voted in by the clubs or was it a decision taken out of the clubs hands?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:37 pm

norm11 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Far out days stop making sense. I hate agreeing with U.

Go on Norm, give it a like, youll feel much better, dirty, but better
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

And youve just outlined why it will be a massive problem in the football. If they do it really well with their juniors they wont even need to buy players to win A grade flags. The comp will be down to 5 or 6 clubs within 10 years because of the decision to include AV. If they dont bring Netball why are they in the comp?
I cant remember were they voted in by the clubs or was it a decision taken out of the clubs hands?

No, the clubs decided.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby norm11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:07 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Let’s not get to far ahead of our selfs days. I agree that IF AV can keep there kids together they will be a force in a few years. That’s the task. Country clubs will struggle to compete with them.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:08 pm

OnSong wrote:[No, the clubs decided.

As a slight majority, the second time after an apparent change of mind, they sure did.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby 23rd man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Wasn’t one of the stipulations of them joining they had to have a full quota of senior netball??
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby GIDDY UP! » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Angle Vale should have never been bought into the APFL and that is final! It has the worst away change rooms! The worst ground design! The worst Netball courts, clubroom and footy interchange (coaches box) locations in the league grounds! And they’ll always going to struggling for netball numbers and now have proven that! Forget about their juniors and how’ll they might dominate footy in 5-10years time in the A grade! If they can’t get it right now then they’ll never get it right!

I says it’s time to bring the Bye back! Or this league is doomed!!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:23 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:Angle Vale should have never been bought into the APFL and that is final! It has the worst away change rooms! The worst ground design! The worst Netball courts, clubroom and footy interchange (coaches box) locations in the league grounds! And they’ll always going to struggling for netball numbers and now have proven that! Forget about their juniors and how’ll they might dominate footy in 5-10years time in the A grade! If they can’t get it right now then they’ll never get it right!

Mallala finally come to the Barossa league....the rest well who cares.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:59 am

norm11 wrote:Let’s not get to far ahead of our selfs days. I agree that IF AV can keep there kids together they will be a force in a few years. That’s the task. Country clubs will struggle to compete with them.

Give days his like FFS!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:Angle Vale should have never been bought into the APFL and that is final! It has the worst away change rooms! The worst ground design! The worst Netball courts, clubroom and footy interchange (coaches box) locations in the league grounds! And they’ll always going to struggling for netball numbers and now have proven that! Forget about their juniors and how’ll they might dominate footy in 5-10years time in the A grade! If they can’t get it right now then they’ll never get it right!

Mallala finally come to the Barossa league....the rest well who cares.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:53 am

Whats going on here. Isn't he the coach, maybe its ex coach after incident in the pub with a couple of youngsters?

Angle Vale Football Club Adelaide Footy League Kilsby, Michael Pending 2018-03-01
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy