The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 pm

MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Just for the record, I think I will be one of the last to leave this sinking ship. No other sports competition has given me as much satisfaction as the SANFL, in particular, watching Sturt. I cannot pass judgment on those that have left already, and I think if we were to ever succeed in getting the cancers kicked out we would all owe them gratitude. I can't follow them though, and I knew pretty early on that I would be this way.

Both ways: Forcing your presence on, and thus hastening the destruction of sovereign league, and then wanting to be the good guys in all this.
Laughable.

Crows and Port AFL reserves you're talking about, not me personally?

The chip gets bigger.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 am

Theres something wrong with you mate if you think I have a chip on my shoulder over this...I have not issue whatsoever with the Crows and Port AFL reserves in the SANFL!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby o five » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Rising Power wrote:
Wedgie wrote:From the Messenger:

"Struggling Eagles call for rent and power bailout"

RENT and utility costs will be slashed under a Charles Sturt Council move to keep the struggling Woodville West Torrens Football Club afloat.

The council’s corporate services committee voted at its meeting this week to reduce the SANFL club’s rent for the Oval Ave complex from $75,000 a year to $60,000.

The committee also voted to grant the Eagles a five-year lease — down from its usual 10-year agreement — and pay utility costs for the Barry Jarman Stand, which last year amounted to $8000.

Its recommendation — which will go for final approval at the council’s full meeting later this month — would also cover the club’s $8700 building contribution costs for the next five years.

Eagles’ chairman Kurt Slaven and general manager Chris Branson told the meeting the club’s struggling financial situation meant football programs would likely be cut if the council did not agree to the reduction in costs.

The club — formed in 1991 by the merger of the Woodville Woodpeckers and West Torrens Eagles — posted a $147,364 profit last year but Mr Branson said this was due to “unique income streams” which totalled $190,000.

Mr Slaven and Mr Branson also argued spectator numbers for the club — which has played in 10 of the last 27 SANFL grand finals — had fallen from 4000 in 2012 to 1500 last year.

“We have a lower membership base than most clubs, with an average age of 56 for our members and our supporter spending patterns are lower,” Mr Branson said.

“The electricity costs for both venues have increased by $30,000 since January last year and what we have tried to do is reduce spending in our football department by $410,000 since 2013.
“We have also invested in a full-time events manager to bring more events to the club.”

Mayor Angela Evans backed cutting the club’s costs but criticised the fact that the club spent $430,000 on 53 Eagles players.

“I actually don’t think that Woodville West Torrens Football Club is poor, not when it is paying up to $430,000 across 53 players,” Ms Evans said.

“I accept the priority is to protect their players, and they have explained some very good reasons why and I can’t argue with that.
“They have also chosen to risk the sustainability of their community service programs if they find themselves stretched, that’s the reality of it.

“Despite all of the complexities of this, the club in the last 12 months has made a bit of a profit which is a really good thing and it speaks to the club’s commitment to become sustainable.”

West Woodville Ward’s Cr Tolley Wasylenko said the council “owed it to our city” to give the Oval Ave-based club some help.

“We have heard tonight about what differences this can make it a club,” Cr Wasylenko told the meeting.

“(It) is the only SANFL club in our city since we lost the Crows and this club means a lot to this city.

“We know that sports clubs build cities through health and all the other benefits that come along with it.”

After the meeting Mr Branson said the outcome was “fair” and would give the club some certainty over the next five years.

“It is a pretty balanced outcome as it was somewhere between what we were paying and what we wanted,” Mr Branson said.

The club had asked the council for a rent reduction to $40,000 in November, but the council voted to defer a decision until more questions were answered about its costs.

The push will go to a final vote at this month’s council meeting on Monday, February 12.

Correlation with AFL reserves in the SANFL?

The Adelaide, Woodville, West Torrens Eagle, Warrior, Pecker Crows certainly has a ring to it. :lol:
Imagine the colour of the Guernsey :oops:
There would be an instant jump in membership with the "YES" voters getting on board :butthead:
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:26 pm

MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Just for the record, I think I will be one of the last to leave this sinking ship. No other sports competition has given me as much satisfaction as the SANFL, in particular, watching Sturt. I cannot pass judgment on those that have left already, and I think if we were to ever succeed in getting the cancers kicked out we would all owe them gratitude. I can't follow them though, and I knew pretty early on that I would be this way.

Both ways: Forcing your presence on, and thus hastening the destruction of sovereign league, and then wanting to be the good guys in all this.
Laughable.

Crows and Port AFL reserves you're talking about, not me personally?

Of course not you personally.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Apostle » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Have I missed anything since I last attended an SANFL match (that finals match against North)???
The Apostle
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby LPH » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:23 am

o five wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
Wedgie wrote:From the Messenger:

"Struggling Eagles call for rent and power bailout"

Eagles’ chairman Kurt Slaven and general manager Chris Branson told the meeting the club’s struggling financial situation meant football programs would likely be cut if the council did not agree to the reduction in costs.

Mr Slaven and Mr Branson also argued spectator numbers for the club — which has played in 10 of the last 27 SANFL grand finals — had fallen from 4000 in 2012 to 1500 last year.

“We have a lower membership base than most clubs, with an average age of 56 for our members and our supporter spending patterns are lower,” Mr Branson said.

Correlation with AFL reserves in the SANFL?

This is EXACTLY what I said to Slaven would happen - You made your bed, Pal.
A reduction of over 50% of your already small supporter base - it is a shame that the 'birds have come home to roost'.
I gave them 10 yrs for survival, at the time.
Hang your head in shame Kurt Slaven - your 'pigheadedness' has resulted in your Club going broke & will cease to exist. These financial constraints will result in the Club falling to the foot of the 'SANFL' Ladder & will have a flow on effect of even less support.
There is blood on YOUR HANDS Kurt Slaven, yours alone. :evil:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby holden78 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 am

I’m sure most of the people who have decided to allow the 2 Cancers to drag the SANFL down to a reserves competition
also moonlight themselves at Adelaide oval for AFL games!
Caesar judging Caesar surely.
Just fake SANFL diehards who got sucked in with pure Pollie BS
No radio coverage of the SANFL is nothing short of a trucking disgrace and how the media choose to ignore it says
everything about them and how gutless they have become. :oops:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:59 am

Last post on the SANFL forum (before this one I am making now) was Sunday the 5th at 7:57 pm, and the gist of that was about the lack of exposure/ respect the SANFL league is now accorded these days.
I am just wondering what is the longest time without a post on the SANFL forum, and when that occurred. I would say that, along with crowd figures, the amount of activity on this forum is as good an indicator as any of interest in the SANFL.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:09 am

therisingblues wrote:Last post on the SANFL forum (before this one I am making now) was Sunday the 5th at 7:57 pm, and the gist of that was about the lack of exposure/ respect the SANFL league is now accorded these days.
I am just wondering what is the longest time without a post on the SANFL forum, and when that occurred. I would say that, along with crowd figures, the amount of activity on this forum is as good an indicator as any of interest in the SANFL.

Over the new year period there was a gap of around 2-3 weeks from memory.

What we should do is post in here when we hear / see / read something promoting the SANFL from the SANFL. Whether it be a radio ad, TV ad, something in the paper, email etc. Be interesting to see.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:48 am

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Last post on the SANFL forum (before this one I am making now) was Sunday the 5th at 7:57 pm, and the gist of that was about the lack of exposure/ respect the SANFL league is now accorded these days.

Over the new year period there was a gap of around 2-3 weeks from memory.

What we should do is post in here when we hear / see / read something promoting the SANFL from the SANFL. Whether it be a radio ad, TV ad, something in the paper, email etc. Be interesting to see.

If that is done this tread will disappear through lack of posts
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby oldfella » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:58 am

See in the paper that the crows are staying at footy park until 2038 (20 years to go) at free rent plus sanfl pays for all costs to maintain oval to afl standards.

No issues with crows they have a legal binding business agreement.

Just another dumb decision by the sanfl board to add to all the previous poor decisions ---- its time all these albatrosses who have been on the board too long were gone.

Time the clubs worked together and take back controll of the failure of a board
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Didnt the crows effectively pay up front for the rent as part of the licence buyout?

(I dont know that much about it so correct me if im wrong)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:I don’t know that much about it

The defence rests, your honour.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby VALE PARK » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Enormous $3+ million profit for the Crows.
All the SANFL must look on and wonder.
Especially with the SA election outcome with the potential big downsides for all clubs.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 pm

VALE PARK wrote:Enormous $3+ million profit for the Crows.
Especially with the SA election outcome with the potential big downsides for all clubs.

Time to increase their paltry $50k per season fee to play in the SANFL
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 pm

that's enough to subsidise a AFL Reserves team
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby goddy11 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 am

Dutchy wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Enormous $3+ million profit for the Crows.

Time to increase their paltry $50k per season fee to play in the SANFL

While the SANFL clubs are struggling. some smart person sold the best assets the the SANFL had. 2 AFL clubs who miraculously are making massive profits that could have been funnelled back to the clubs. How has Port suddenly gone into the black after years of SANFL handouts.

Was Olsen the same bloke that sold ETSA.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby goddy11 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 am

Daniel Norton on 5AA (Port mouthpiece) now saying that Port pay a dividend to the SANFL each year. In fairness to Rucci , he is trying to correct him.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby UK Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 am

POrt has reported 3 profits in a row totalling about $300-400k whilst its debt has increased by $4-$6 Million since being at Adelaide Oval.

So really they are still going backwards.

Port has $20 million plus in debt and announced a $50k profit this year.

Crows have $2 million in debt and announced a $3.5 million dollar profit this year.

Chalk and cheese.

Good old big John helping Robin Koch to steal from the poor to give to the rich.

Ps. Suck shit Kurt Slaven we told ya
Last edited by UK Fan on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 am

goddy11 wrote:Daniel Norton on 5AA (Port mouthpiece) now saying that Port pay a dividend to the SANFL each year. In fairness to Rucci , he is trying to correct him.

Norton is clueless just another Booney Ie. port Adelaide happy clapper
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL