40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby eric » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 pm

What time is the Greenacres/ Lonsdale trial planned to start?
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby footyfan82 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 pm

eric wrote:What time is the Greenacres/ Lonsdale trial planned to start?
7pm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:52 pm

eric wrote:What time is the Greenacres/ Lonsdale trial planned to start?
I think the a grade start at about 8.30pm
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:04 pm

It’s only a trial but Lonsdale will work over Greenacres with ease you would think. Knowing the blokes at Lonsdale and their abilities I’d be shocked to see them miss the 5 in div 6.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It’s only a trial but Lonsdale will work over Greenacres with ease you would think. Knowing the blokes at Lonsdale and their abilities I’d be shocked to see them miss the 5 in div 6.

Lonsdale are in Div 7. Next year Div 6. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Courtney Fish » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:Nairne Premiership player Jeff Lines to OSB along with Walkerville A Grader Max Cooper!! Is it too late to put these guys into Div 6? Give them the flag now :lol:

Unless they're all returning juniors or players, surely points would be an issue for them? Will have great depth though...

Jeff Lines is a returning Lonsdale Junior and A Grade Premiership player. Since they have a chance to not lose by 20 goals every game many former players have returned. Plenty of 0 pointers amongst the recruits.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:Nairne Premiership player Jeff Lines to OSB along with Walkerville A Grader Max Cooper!! Is it too late to put these guys into Div 6? Give them the flag now :lol:

Unless they're all returning juniors or players, surely points would be an issue for them? Will have great depth though...

Jeff Lines is a returning Lonsdale Junior and A Grade Premiership player. Since they have a chance to not lose by 20 goals every game many former players have returned. Plenty of 0 pointers amongst the recruits.

So what you’re saying is.......

Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:46 am

Mike Kilsby to Central United
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby lion heart » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:

Honestly I think we are on zero points currently maybe Cooper will attract a point or 2 not too sure. The major ins are all former juniors/ players and all the paid/points players we had last season have left the club. Players that have returned have done so for the right reasons, some new players and youngsters are looking for an opportunity and will get it.

Plenty of comments from outside the club on us being flag certs or sending us up to d6 but I think those people are not aware the only wins we’ve had the last 6/7 seasons have been against fellow struggling clubs. We haven’t played finals since 2007 and have not won a final since 2001. The club is very much rebuilding on and off field.

It’s hard for me to gauge where we are at but I expect there won’t be much between us and Marion.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Executive Member » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:49 pm

lion heart wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

Honestly I think we are on zero points currently maybe Cooper will attract a point or 2 not too sure. The major ins are all former juniors/ players and all the paid/points players we had last season have left the club. Players that have returned have done so for the right reasons, some new players and youngsters are looking for an opportunity and will get it.

Plenty of comments from outside the club on us being flag certs or sending us up to d6 but I think those people are not aware the only wins we’ve had the last 6/7 seasons have been against fellow struggling clubs. We haven’t played finals since 2007 and have not won a final since 2001. The club is very much rebuilding on and off field.

It’s hard for me to gauge where we are at but I expect there won’t be much between us and Marion.

Is Lion Hart really Oldman in disguise :-?
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby oldman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Executive Member wrote:
lion heart wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

Absolutely not! I do however believe osb Lonsdale will be extremely hard to beat this year. Their to 6 players could all easily make the grade in much higher divs. I suspect their depth will be superior to most in div7 and if clubs were concerned about para hills being placed in div7 last year then wait till they see the side osb Lonsdale put on the park. Para hills obviously didn't even win it but this mob would be 10 goals better than them. Expect another absolute gun recruit in the next week or so and he's another 0 pointer.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby footyfan82 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm

oldman wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
lion heart wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:[quote="Under_Scrutiny"]Nairne Premiership player Jeff Lines to OSB along with Walkerville A Grader Max Cooper!! Is it too late to put these guys into Div 6? Give them the flag now [emoji38]

Absolutely not! I do however believe osb Lonsdale will be extremely hard to beat this year. Their to 6 players could all easily make the grade in much higher divs. I suspect their depth will be superior to most in div7 and if clubs were concerned about para hills being placed in div7 last year then wait till they see the side osb Lonsdale put on the park. Para hills obviously didn't even win it but this mob would be 10 goals better than them. Expect another absolute gun recruit in the next week or so and he's another 0 pointer.[/quote]How did they go tonight?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby eric » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 am

How did they go tonight?
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Courtney Fish » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:32 am

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

So what you’re saying is.......

I'm saying it's a lot easier to recruit new players when you're a chance to win some games. Some of these guys left while we were playing finals. When your only game of interest each year is the clash for the wooden spoon with Marion, players are hardly knocking the door down to come and play for you.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby simmo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am

Thanks to the londsdale/osb lads for the hit out on saturday. Very fit and well drilled team as you would expect with the numbers at training.
simmo
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby lion heart » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 pm

simmo wrote:Thanks to the londsdale/osb lads for the hit out on saturday. Very fit and well drilled team as you would expect with the numbers at training.

Cheers mate the game was played in good spirits all the best for the season! :-BD
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:26 pm

who is coaching Greenacres this year?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Bluedemon wrote:who is coaching Greenacres this year?

Chris Glacken
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Bedgegood.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:

Bedgegood.

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League