The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Spargo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:17 pm

But it’s easier to ignore the truth if it doesn’t suit.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:31 pm

what is the truth?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:34 pm

MW wrote:what is the truth?

That you are paying a pittance to play in our comp and that the piddly amount you are paying has more than been offset by losses from people turning their backs on the comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:

That you are paying a pittance to play in our comp and that the piddly amount you are paying has more than been offset by losses from people turning their backs on the comp

ok.
So the $400k p.a. is to pay for restitution because supporters loathe the AFL clubs being there and won't come?
So in reality, the $ amount is irrelevant isn't it?
From an SANFL purest point of view, it's either they are in and I am out, or they are out and I am in.
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:26 pm

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

ok.
So the $400k p.a. is to pay for restitution because supporters loathe the AFL clubs being there and won't come?
So in reality, the $ amount is irrelevant isn't it?
From an SANFL purest point of view, it's either they are in and I am out, or they are out and I am in.

Your last sentence definitely applies to purests but for the clubs the amount does matter. The clubs need to be paid far more than $50k to recover costs. Would just be better if they were pissed off altogether though
Jim05
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
heater31 wrote:
MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Time to increase their paltry $50k per season fee to play in the SANFL

I thought it was $400k crows pay (each club gets $50k).
It is....given the profit result the SANFL should review the fee they pay. Think they are causing greater financial pain than $50,000 each!

It should be a % of profit paid back to each SANFL club and not a set fee.
That’s a win/win surely for all.

On that basis wouldn’t the SANFL be paying Port
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:58 pm

True.

But also true for the AFL clubs in the VFL and the WAFL.

Unless you call for the likes of Essendon, West Coast and North Melbourne etc to also cough, then I guess its very easy to take a stand that has no consequence.

The answer is, for the members of Glenelg, Sturt, Norwood, West, North and the quitters to have the gumption to actually do something besides piddling around the edge and get the matter resolved.

South and Central members lobbied their boards.Centrals board members sought the view of ALL the other clubs and despite assurances, especially from Norwood who did the dirty. The other six and their members did nothing and are, to be frank, the ones who are culpable.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:05 pm

MW wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
MW wrote:Didn't answer my question

We have adnauseum over the past 300 pages.

What a surprise a crows fan expecting to be spoon fed from sanfl supporters

Yeah you're right, $400k to just play in the same league is not spoon feeding the SANFL clubs... :lol: :lol:

50k a year to an organisation that makes $8 mill in revenue a year(cdfc) is not spoon feeding mate.

It’s drip feeding.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby MW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Its spoon feeding when the reason for it is fickle supporters leaving their club
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:44 pm

MW wrote:Its spoon feeding when the reason for it is fickle supporters leaving their club

Coming from a club with one of the most fickle supporter bases in the AFL that’s hilarious
Jim05
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 pm

DOC wrote:True.

Unless you call for the likes of Essendon, West Coast and North Melbourne etc to also cough, then I guess its very easy to take a stand that has no consequence.

The answer is, for the members of Glenelg, Sturt, Norwood, West, North and the quitters to have the gumption to actually do something besides piddling around the edge and get the matter resolved.

South and Central members lobbied their boards.Centrals board members sought the view of ALL the other clubs and despite assurances, especially from Norwood who did the dirty. The other six and their members did nothing and are, to be frank, the ones who are culpable.

To be fair, I think the Eagles members probably tried as much as South's did, and were completely ignored.
I hear similar from North. correct me if I am wrong on that.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:35 pm

therisingblues wrote:
DOC wrote:True.

To be fair, I think the Eagles members probably tried as much as South's did, and were completely ignored.
I hear similar from North. correct me if I am wrong on that.

All clubs members had a percentage, some a majority, that did not want them in

You have to replace them in order to effect change.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Magellan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Time to increase their paltry $50k per season fee to play in the SANFL

?

Vfl clubs get $250k for afl club reserves set up
WAFL clubs get $275 for afl club reserves set up
Sanfl clubs get $50k

Crows making $3.5 mill a year.

Thanks sanfl !!!

Absolutely, they should be asked to cough up and contribute more. I'm sure the Crows' brains trust will readily admit that their SANFL side has been a critical and integral aspect of the club's success in the last few years. Since no-one apart from the Crows receives any match day benefit from playing these games, they can at least compensate the clubs who are providing their less-than-AFL standard players with a genuine football club experience, or whatever internal benefits they claim their presence offers.

In fairness the Crows have had no success this century.

Back on topic though, I used to spend 5-10k a year at my club. I now spend nothing.
Would only take 5-10 people like me and my club is down thanks to the AFL sides.
What are average crowds down? About 2k.
Do the maths.
How much rent do the Crows pay at Footy Park again?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Even simpiler maths, crowds are roughly down 2k.

For arguments sake let's say half of them were full paying adults

What a ticket worth $10 (been so long since I've gone)

That's $10k a home game down on entrance fees, that's not to mention secondary spend items such as kiosk, merchandise and gambling
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm

It's a strange formula to suggest a club entering a competition should pay for the short comings of the other clubs revenue stream because their supporters choose not to support their teams anymore.
MW
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:42 pm

MW wrote:It's a strange formula to suggest a club entering a competition should pay for the short comings of the other clubs revenue stream because their supporters choose not to support their teams anymore.

It's a strange formula that a team and franchise worth millions is competing against clubs who players primary job is your local brickie and school teachers.

The world is a weird yet wonderful place
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 pm

MW wrote:It's a strange formula to suggest a club entering a competition should pay for the short comings of the other clubs revenue stream because their supporters choose not to support their teams anymore.

No supporters choose not to support their teams, I tried the first year the Crows came in by re-signing up as a member of the Vice Presidents group. I just lost complete interest in a comp that has 3 sets of rules for clubs in it. 3 sets of rules that are extremely different to each other too.
Thousands of others felt the same.

I'd have no interest in the AFL too if suddenly my club got to pay about 5% of the salary cap of another, I'd have no interet in the Olympics if some competitiors got to start the 100 metre sprint 90 metres in front of others, I'd also have no interest in 30 year old playing a 2 year old at chess.

If a club wants to come in and ruin a competition they should compensate for those not interested in a ruined competition. Noone will be going in 10 years time, noone wil be members.

Don't hate on people because they enjoy fair competitions with the same rules for all competitors.
Integrity.
Some people value integrity, some don't.
Hate those who have no respect for integrity if anything.

How dare those who don't respect integrity judge and insult those that do.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:55 pm

I get what you are trying to say. Seems strange that Port or the Crows have not won every GF or even how have they lost a game in the last three years or however long they've been in...
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 pm

MW wrote:I get what you are trying to say. Seems strange that Port or the Crows have not won every GF or even how have they lost a game in the last three years or however long they've been in...

Absolutely irrelevent, and it doesn't seem strange at all, underdogs with everything stacked against them quite often win all over the world. At the end of the day some people/organisations with massive advantages can still lose because they cant buy heart or success. But those teams/people with unfair advantages usually succeed or do better than they should or deserve to.
But as I said, thats irrelevent, its all about integrity, it wouldn't make any difference if the Crows and Power lost by 100 points each week or win by 100 points each week. It makes no difference if they win every flag or never win a flag. No difference.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby VALE PARK » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:05 am

IMHO Port will address that issue and win the flag easily,
maybe they may go through the season undefeated.
That may put the cat amongst the pigeons,
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL