PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am

Grade 1
107.00 - Salis West
101.87 - Virginia
88.41 - Angle Vale
78.75 - Craigmore

----------------------------------
76.32 - Dublin
63.57 - Parafield Gardens
57.32 - Riverside
38.39 - One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill defeated Riverside to dent their hopes of staying up. Riverside finish the season with Virginia, you'd think Grade 2 awaits next season now.
Parafield Gardens v Craigmore appears the match of the round - a win for the Blues locks away a top 4 finish, a loss and they run the risk of being jumped by Dublin.. an outright loss (highly unlikely) and Parafield Gardens could well slide into the 4.

Most likely outcome is Craigmore win, with Salisbury West, Virginia and Angle Vale also winning. Ladder to remain as it is with Salisbury West hosting Craigmore and Virginia hosting Angle Vale in the semi.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:18 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Those blokes could be worth a story, actually.
It shows great commitment to rock up on the second day after copping that on the first.

They certainly have the respect and admiration of myself and our team for the way they conduct themselves and go about it. They truly epitomise what community cricket is about - enjoyment, participation and mates.. they don't care about the results, they don't care about trophies and performance, they just rock up and enjoy having a Saturday afternoon playing the game they love with their mates.

To get pumped the way they did and still come off each day with a smile on their faces, able to enjoy a laugh and remain upbeat, stick around and have a drink was awesome. Not once did they lose their tempers or show any frustration - they enjoyed some banter with our guys during the game, and even had some of them congratulating our guys on good catches/balls that got them out! :shock:

Quality bunch of blokes.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:22 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Those blokes could be worth a story, actually.
It shows great commitment to rock up on the second day after copping that on the first.

Really? Why wouldn't you show up knowing you aren't going to be in the field at all and you might get two hits for the day.

It isn't their lowest grade, there are many better players in the lower two grades but have committed themselves to the one day sides.

good to see Trev still playing, would've enjoyed his day regardless of the result, could have blindfolded him with a piece of cotton.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 am

Grade 2
138.30 - Eastern Park
96.79 - Central United
78.37 - North Eastern Knights
75.28 - Craigmore

-------------------------------------------
69.89 - Smithfield
65.81 - ATCO
62.46 - Angle Vale
42.60 - Adelaide Warriors

NEK defending 124 when Units were 2/70 over night! Wowee boy oh boy, didn't see that one coming! Now effectively locks away a top 4 finish one would think.

ATCO v Angle Vale still match of the round - the winner stays up, the lose relegated.

Eastern Park v NEK should be good - if NEK want to win the flag they'll need to overcome Eastern Park at some stage during the finals, could be a good little rehearsal, but it's hard to see anyone coming close to the Demons.

Central United v Smithfield also another good match, Smithfield very small glimmer of hope of grabbing a finals spot - unlikely given that Craigmore finish with Adel Warriors - but you just never know!

Expect Semi finals will be EP v NEK and CU v CRA - and I think Craigmore are a sneaky chance to knock off the Units..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am

Grade 3
114.89 - Eyre Royals
104.01 - Salisbury West
102.20 - Enfield
85.30 - Parafield Gardens

------------------------------------------
85.25 - North Pines
77.48 - Dublin
56.87 - Riverside
47.14 - Central United

What a strange weekend of results! Units beat North Pines to dent their finals hopes, Parafield Gardens choked against Dublin and missed a golden opportunity to cement a top 4 spot, Salisbury West pumped by Royals and decided against a 2nd dig, and Riverside showed up with half a side to gift Enfield an outright when two weeks ago Enfield looked the most likely to miss the 4!

Salisbury West v North Pines this week - the Redbacks must win to play finals, if not they need to get as many points as possible. Can't see them winning so they need to get what they can out of 140 overs!

Enfield v Parafield Gardens - couldn't been a game for 4th spot before last rounds results, but now looks a formality, expect Enfield to win and give themselves half a chance of stealing 2nd spot, while Parafield Gardens could well lost 4th spot.

Bottom 2 is set, and they'll finish against each other, while Royals will cruise into finals with a comfortable win and the minor flag.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:33 am

Grade 4
113.82 - ATCO
97.72 - Salisbury West
88.98 - North Eastern Knights
74.24 - Eyre Royals

---------------------------------------
59.49 - One Tree Hill

Royals smashed by ATCO who they will also play in the SF by the looks. ATCO appear to be very firm favs for the flag.

NEK made light work of North Pines in their cross over game to lock away 3rd spot, and appears that they will travel to Westies for the other SF in two weeks time, unless they can produce a strong result against One Tree Hill and ATCO can account for Westies, then the match may well be at Greenacres Reserve.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am

Grade 5
123.16 - Enfield
90.58 - ATCO
74.83 - Angle Vale
73.04 - North Pines

-----------------------------
26.68 - Eyre Royals

Angle Vale managed to survive a scare to avoid an outright - ATCO needing 12 runs off 1 over for the result, only to fall one run short!

Top 4 is set, and the order looks a formality - North Pines finish the season with Eyre Royals and should be good enough to win outright and leapfrog into 3rd place setting up a tantilising showdown with ATCO in the SF, who appear to be the inform team of the comp and a genuine premiership chance.

Enfield travel to Angle Vale this week, and will then likely play them in the SF again. Result this week will give a greater insight into how ATCO and Enfield stack up.

ATCO are a serious concern for me, they've been building since Christmas, and due to heat and the draw have not played Enfield since November. Assembling a solid side with Cater, Smeaton, Lord, Knox, Nixon, Littler, Tomlinson and Boulton - don't be surprised if they go all the way.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Those blokes could be worth a story, actually.

Really? Why wouldn't you show up knowing you aren't going to be in the field at all and you might get two hits for the day.

It isn't their lowest grade, there are many better players in the lower two grades but have committed themselves to the one day sides.

I've seen teams fall apart in much better situations than this.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 am

The Bedge wrote:
NEK defending 124 when Units were 2/70 over night! Wowee boy oh boy, didn't see that one coming! Now effectively locks away a top 4 finish one would think.

Was that 6/10 off 21 overs????????????????????????? WTSF??????????????????????????????????
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 pm

I just want to give a shout out to One Tree Hill's B Grade.

Our side thinks they're a top bunch of blokes, and they play the game in the right spirit.

Their ground is among the best in the business too, me thinks.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am

Failed Creation wrote:I just want to give a shout out to One Tree Hill's B Grade.

Our side thinks they're a top bunch of blokes, and they play the game in the right spirit.

I feel this post is a Transformer.
There's more than meets the eye.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 am

Failed Creation wrote:I just want to give a shout out to One Tree Hill's B Grade.

It's had it's share of being a shit ground, grass being so thick you could only take the aerial route, the prick neighbours who move in to a property adjoining a small cricket ground and complain about balls going in their yard.

Nevertheless, a great place to play, view and have a few of their well priced beers!

Here's an example

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ityID=1988
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am

Grade 1
Top 2: Salisbury West & Virginia
Relegated: Riverside & One Tree Hill
Other: Craigmore well poised for an outright result to jump into 3rd spot.

Grade 2
Top 2: Eastern Park & Central United
Relegated: Adelaide Warriors & Angle Vale (cant see them chasing down 300+)
Other: Eastern Park smashing NEK and will play them again in the SF. Smithfield finish season terribly!

Grade 3
Top 2: Eyre Royals & Salis West or Enfield
Relegated: Riverside & Central United
Other: Interesting finish to the season, Riverside gone to crap, dramas and controversy at SW v NP and PG bat all day for 150 against ENF.. Top 4 far from set except Royals guaranteed top spot.

Grade 4
Top 2: ATCO & Salis West
Relegated: One Tree Hill
Other: ATCO flexed their muscle again on the weekend , brushing aside Westies with ease on Day 1. NEK are faltering also.. could be tough SF for them.

Grade 5
Top 2: Enfield & ATCO
Relegated: Eyre Royals
Other: North Pines shot themselves in the foot with their declaration on Sat, had they batted another 10 overs on their ground 600 would've been on the cards, and enough for them to potentially steal 2nd spot.. now they're just about guaranteed to miss it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 am

The Bedge wrote:Grade 1
Top 2: Salisbury West & Virginia
Relegated: Riverside & One Tree Hill
Other: Craigmore well poised for an outright result to jump into 3rd spot. Angle Vale might get the outright too, hopefully not, Craigmore will go well against Virginia, the young lads will probably need earplugs though as no one plays that game like Virginia.

Grade 2
Top 2: Eastern Park & Central United
Relegated: Adelaide Warriors & Angle Vale (cant see them chasing down 300+) Just wow, Adelaide Warriors.
Other: Eastern Park smashing NEK and will play them again in the SF. Smithfield finish season terribly! Yep, Clipsal killed them, even I was asked to do a cameo in the A's, I'm not sure how their B's will fair in the finals, it's been a mixed bag of players througout the season.

Grade 3
Top 2: Eyre Royals & Salis West or Enfield
Relegated: Riverside & Central United
Other: Interesting finish to the season, Riverside gone to crap, dramas and controversy at SW v NP and PG bat all day for 150 against ENF.. Top 4 far from set except Royals guaranteed top spot. Drama's? No way!

Grade 4
Top 2: ATCO & Salis West
Relegated: One Tree Hill
Other: ATCO flexed their muscle again on the weekend , brushing aside Westies with ease on Day 1. NEK are faltering also.. could be tough SF for them.

Grade 5
Top 2: Enfield & ATCO
Relegated: Eyre Royals
Other: North Pines shot themselves in the foot with their declaration on Sat, had they batted another 10 overs on their ground 600 would've been on the cards, and enough for them to potentially steal 2nd spot.. now they're just about guaranteed to miss it. Daddow's 121 from 81 balls was something special.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 am

The SW v NP dramas were a beauty i'm lead to believe.. including a couple of reports.

PDCA made a fair boo boo though, they appointed the worst umpire in the state to the game, was never going to end well.. word on the street is Freeman was mankad, given out, then umpire changed his mind after being challenged, then after it escalated further gave him out again.. but wait, there's more..

The umpire went to Freeman after the game and said he's not out and can resume his innings at the fall of the next wicket :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:The SW v NP dramas were a beauty i'm lead to believe.. including a couple of reports.

PDCA made a fair boo boo though, they appointed the worst umpire in the state to the game, was never going to end well.. word on the street is Freeman was mankad, given out, then umpire changed his mind after being challenged, then after it escalated further gave him out again.. but wait, there's more..

The umpire went to Freeman after the game and said he's not out and can resume his innings at the fall of the next wicket :lol:

He might have had his fingers crossed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

I feel this post is a Transformer.
There's more than meets the eye.

On the contrary, I was actually being sincere.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It's had it's share of being a shit ground, grass being so thick you could only take the aerial route, the prick neighbours who move in to a property adjoining a small cricket ground and complain about balls going in their yard.

Nevertheless, a great place to play, view and have a few of their well priced beers!

Here's an example

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ityID=1988

Geez, that's a dismal scorecard...

The playing surface was a bit on the slow side on Saturday, but being a bowler, I don't mind that. :lol:

My grandfather came along to watch a bit of the game, and despite being notoriously hard to please, he thought it was a great spot to watch a game.

A few of the OTH boys had a chat with us about the neighbour the last time we were up there. The guy sounds like a douche; the kind who would buy a house under Adelaide Airport's flight path, only to whinge about it.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I've been up to watch there a few times. A lovely spot.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

The Under 14 comp has been as exciting as a junior comp I've seen in a long time that's had many twists.

THE LADDER
Angle Vale...... 70.92
Adel. Warriors.70.70
Sal. North.......70.17
Craigmore......59.02

Sal. West............55.34
North Pines.....48.09
Pooraka.............31.06
Eastern Park.......29.62
Dublin................19.15

ROUND 10
Sal Nth 9/197 vs Angle Vale
Craigmore 254 vs Sal. West
Pooraka 52 vs Adel. Warriors 4/61
Dublin defeated Eastern Park on forfeit
North Pines have the bye.

Angle Vale: Have sat top since round 2 were knocked off by Craigmore who were fighting for 4th place and now they look to be up against it against currently 3rd Salisbury North. They were heated out against Salisbury West when they were cruising to victory which cost them, they chased a decent Adelaide Warriors total down. Likely finish 3rd.
Salisbury North: Had their wings clipped by 36 against Adelaide Warriors, defeated Angle Vale in round 1 and looking strong in round 10 to do the same. They were heated out against Craigmore after posting 7/194. Likely finish 2nd
Adelaide Warriors: These guys have a plethora of bowlers, constant wicket to wicket bowling makes them hard to score against without taking risks. They lost to Angle Vale after posting 8/178, bizarre circumstances seen them draw against Sal. West with a washout with two overs to go where they were about to record an easy win and were heated out after managing 8/238 vs North Pines, they deserve to finish minor premiers. Likely finish 1st
Craigmore: Lost round 1 against Salisbury West after having them 5/21, leaked byes and a couple of dropped catches in the last couple of over to throw it away, had a horrible 5 over patch against the Warriors to lose to them narrowly, rain killed them minutes from victory against bottom placed Dublin, who they had to play the only one-dayer against, was heated out against Salisbury North chasing 194, 4th is about right. Likely finish 4th
Salisbury West: Defeated Craigmore in round 1, haven't defeated any of the top 3 but managed to draw through weather twice while staring down the barrel. They were also washed out on week two chasing Pooraka's 7/140, a loss to North Pines seen their season end only to come back alive with a bizarre outright against Eastern Park, they need to chase down 254 to make finals this week. Likely finish 5th
North Pines: A much improved outfit who managed a convincing win against Westies but were probably 1 or 2 good players short in the end to be a real force.
Pooraka: Defeated Dublin and looked in the box seat of getting over the line against Eastern Park but the heat stepped in on week 2.
Eastern Park: Lost a heap of kids off season and had a very young squad.
Dublin: Got a couple of handy kids out there, they don't deserve to finish bottom, and might not yet.

If you have a bit of time to kill in the morning over next weekend, pop in to have a watch at the talent getting around in the PDCA, it's very competitive cricket and of a good standard, they all know each other so it becomes quite tactical.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps