Australian Tour of South Africa

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 am

amber_fluid wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Warner is knob, end of story, agree with you all.
I'm sick of him.
Sledge him all you like just don't mention his mum, wife & children.....

I agree with that except when you act like a self righteous flog day in and day out..........you lose any rights you have with sledging.
This day was always going to come.......shit I’m surprised no one has mentioned it previously.

Maybe Warner might pull his head in now and shut the **** up for once.

He's a pest, wasn't he meant to be this nice new age guy since falling in love and having kids, Oh, and after belting Root.
Another Warney with a bit of luck, VC but never got the big C gig.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:42 am

heater31 wrote:
I'm sick of him.

i feel bad now, in under 9's when I was standing the mark I'd yell out "Your mum wears army boots".

Sorry to anyone I played against back then :oops:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:
I'm sick of him.

i feel bad now, in under 9's when I was standing the mark I'd yell out "Your mum wears army boots".

I always thought it was funny.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:45 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:
I'm sick of him.

I always thought it was funny.

I remember thinking it wasn't that offensive when I was a kid.

"Your Mum wears army boots", so what, she's in the army, she's fighting for our country, probably a lovely disciplined lady with good morals. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:51 am

Booney wrote: "Your Mum wears army boots", so what, she's in the army, she's fighting for our country, probably a lovely disciplined lady with good morals. :lol:

What does it actually mean? Is it referring to how people thought of lesbians back then, how they had a stereotypical look that highlighting their non-feminine side? Even that doesn't work, because when the saying originated, it was very unusual for a lesbian to have children - so, generally, it was impossible for your mum to be a lesbian and therefore, it was unlikely she wore army boots.

It's too early.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:56 am

Ahhhh....

Apparently, in broad terms, it suggests she's a "lady of ill-repute" a "camp follower".

So, where we grew up, LM, it's conceivable that it was a very real insult.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:58 am

I don't mind the missus wearing army boots.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 am

Brodlach wrote:Back to the important part, we win by 118 runs

Great to see the Marsh boys doing well.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 am

They're making solid contributions. It's hard to knock them at the moment.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 am

Dogwatcher wrote:They're making solid contributions. It's hard to knock them at the moment.

Yep I think most of us are eating humble pie at the moment.

Good on them though. Both have shown a willingness to occupy the crease which is something we didn’t previously associate with Mitch. We now know why he was picked ahead of maxwell and others.

If he continues to do that he is the prefect number 6 - can either dig in or clear the ropes if needed, and can get some handy overs out of him too

They have solidified up our middle order considerably.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 am

DAVID Warner reportedly engaged in an hour-long sledging battle with South African wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock before the pair’s infamous run-in outside the team dressing rooms in Durban.
Reports had emerged that the fracas had been sparked by disparaging remarks about Warner’s wife Candice.

And now, allegedly, the source of de Kock’s frustrations has been revealed - and it relates to Warner’s on-field baiting of the explosive star.

According to reports in South Africa, Warner took pot shots at de Kock’s family members and called the 25-year-old a “bush pig”.

It has also been reported that Warner’s sledging of de Kock was “an hour-long attack on the field”.

Dramatic footage was leaked on Monday of Warner being restrained by teammates in an off-field confrontation with South African wicketkeeper de Kock before tea on day four.

The CCTV video, published by South African outlet Independent Media, shows a fired-up Warner remonstrating with de Kock as the teams walked upstairs to the change rooms during Sunday’s tea break.

The opener had to be physically held back by Usman Khawaja and then shepherded into Australia’s rooms by skipper Steve Smith.

The incident has drawn criticism from Australian great Adam Gilchrist, while South Africa’s team manager said it was “not in the spirit of the game.”

However, the Daily Telegraph understands that Warner has told Cricket Australia team officials that he was enraged by comments made about his family.

And speaking after the match, Smith accused de Kock of starting the whole fracas by getting “quite personal” with Warner.

“Quinton got quite personal and provoked an emotional response from Davey,” Steve Smith said.

“As far as I am aware we didn’t get personal toward Quinton.”

That view was quickly rejected by the Proteas, however.

Proteas team manager Mohammed Moosajee suggested Warner got personal in his sledging and “whatever happens out on the field, you giving something you’ve got to take it”.

South African captain Faf du Plessis said de Kock was unaffected by the furore.

“When you look at him now, it’s like nothing happened,” he said.

“Quinny’s fine. I don’t think you’d get a reaction out of Quinton anyway, most of the time.”

Warner’s transformation from being Australian cricket’s problem child to its most famous teetotaller has long been attributed to his relationship with Candice.

Suspended for punching Joe Root in a bar in 2013, Warner has spent the past four-and-a-half years repairing his public image, shedding his moniker as “the Bull” and the team enforcer to become “the Reverend.”

Gilchrist is concerned by the re-emergence of Warner’s ugly side and said the left-hander needs to find the right balance between the two personas.

“He used to pride himself as a guy who got into the verbal stoushes and was a leader of the aggressive mindset,” the former keeper said on SEN.

“He then went the other way and they called him the Reverend, and he was very outright in saying I’ve put that away, it isn’t me anymore.

“It coincided with the time he got married, had kids and got a different perspective on life.

“It is extreme the opposite way. Now he has come back again, saying old Davie is back, his teammates are saying the reverend is gone and the bull is back.

“It is always a worry in any situation where someone is so extreme in one direction or another.

“The balance between intensity and being relaxed, David has to find somewhere in-between.

“He prides himself on being a leader of the team, he did very well in the T20s as the captain, but what we have seen over the past 24 hours aren’t the images that you want your captain projecting.”

The 46-year-old added that Warner should be grateful to the likes of Usman Khawaja, Tim Paine and Steve Smith who all stepped in to diffuse the situation.

“It’s not a good look, and if there’s one thing that David Warner needs to be very thankful of, it’s for his teammates being in the way there,” Gilchrist said.

“Because if they were not there and he goes on the path that he was intending, who knows what would have happened.

“In any sporting contest, in any contest, when you start getting a bit violent on or off the field it’s a no-brainer, it’s not acceptable.

“So he’s lucky and he should thank his teammates from being in the way.

“I don’t know what provoked it, but it’s not something you can do and you’ve got to be able to balance that up and contain that.”

Gilchrist earlier Tweeted that Warner was likely provoked, however South African great Graeme Smith suggested the Australian opener was throwing stones in glass houses.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/au ... 6acac8be3a
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am

What a load of bollocks, "Warner took pot shots at his family and called him a bushpig"?

Yeah yeah, sure Ted.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm

This is bringing the game back to the 80's when a beef was a beef and if you were a piece of shit then it was on.

Put up or such up ****....lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:46 pm

No offence to Warner but hes dished it out for years and now he just looks like a sook who can't handle it when its dished back. What De Cock said was wrong but Warner cant cry wolf. He is a genuine angry little unit.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm

batmanbegins wrote:No offence to Warner but hes dished it out for years and now he just looks like a sook who can't handle it when its dished back. What De Cock said was wrong but Warner cant cry wolf. He is a genuine angry little unit.

What did he say?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:No offence to Warner but hes dished it out for years and now he just looks like a sook who can't handle it when its dished back. What De Cock said was wrong but Warner cant cry wolf. He is a genuine angry little unit.

What did he say?

It’s not his fault his missus likes a bit of De Cock
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Yangebup » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:56 pm

I never thought it possible that I would jump for joy when Australia lost a wicket, but thats what I do now whenever Warner or Smith get out.
Those 2 should never be the leaders of this cricket team & as for Lyon he has got far too big for his boots.

Warner has always worn this badge of honour as the Australian teams attack dog for sledging but you cant give it out like he does & then sook when he gets sledged back - Warner has to wear it.

If these players are happy to give it, they have to be prepared to take it too.

Warners antics when AB got run out were unnecessary & embarrassing
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Yangebup wrote:I never thought it possible that I would jump for joy when Australia lost a wicket, but thats what I do now whenever Warner or Smith get out.
Those 2 should never be the leaders of this cricket team & as for Lyon he has got far too big for his boots.

Warner has always worn this badge of honour as the Australian teams attack dog for sledging but you cant give it out like he does & then sook when he gets sledged back - Warner has to wear it.

Agree with all that.
Mind you some of you may not have seen the way Kohli carries on in the field after a wicket. Has been 10 times worse than Warner in the AB run out. The commentary goes something like this when Kohli does it, its great hes so passionate and you can see what it means to him, when an Australian does it, its the ugly Australians etc etc
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:07 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Agree with all that.
Mind you some of you may not have seen the way Kohli carries on in the field after a wicket. Has been 10 times worse than Warner in the AB run out. The commentary goes something like this when Kohli does it, its great hes so passionate and you can see what it means to him, when an Australian does it, its the ugly Australians etc etc

Hence why Kohli is probably the most hated cricketer on the globe, I'd say Warner would be on the podium too where it wasn't too long ago he was one of the world's favourite's as he rose to stardom in the shorter version games and then worked hard on his longer version and drew admiration form the cricket world.

Now he's just a first class dickhead.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Grenville » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Yangebup wrote:I never thought it possible that I would jump for joy when Australia lost a wicket, but thats what I do now whenever Warner or Smith get out.

I have seen Warner live and never applauded anything he's done,and never will. I've remained seated with arms crossed when he's hit a ton. He is a cancer on Australian cricket.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket