I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 pm

bennymacca wrote:I don’t roll into work till 9:20 or so :)

Flex time FTW

Logged onto to Sa Footy at 9.30?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Corona Man wrote:

Flex time FTW

nah gotta take a shit first :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Flex time FTW

Before posting it...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Just on that sort of thing, I've always wondered how the posters on here that work in an office with computer access can be on the forum regularly during their work day? Are you allowed to be on here regularly? Do you have to be sneaky with it and hide it from the boss? Have you ever been caught on it?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:41 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Just on that sort of thing, I've always wondered how the posters on here that work in an office with computer access can be on the forum regularly during their work day? Are you allowed to be on here regularly? Do you have to be sneaky with it and hide it from the boss? Have you ever been caught on it?

phone
bennymacca
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Just on that sort of thing, I've always wondered how the posters on here that work in an office with computer access can be on the forum regularly during their work day? Are you allowed to be on here regularly? Do you have to be sneaky with it and hide it from the boss? Have you ever been caught on it?

Depends what type of "office work", I would often post whilst waiting for a bit of code to run or a query to execute - down time in other words.

If browsing or posting on sa footy gets you chided by the boss, then in all honesty I would question if you're delivering the outcomes required anyway. If you do everything that's required of you, people don't usually give a **** what you're browsing at any one time. I certainly don't with the people that report to me.

Plus, the human brain needs a break, I would often go flat chat for 50 minutes, then surf for 10. I am more efficient with technical work doing that than "grinding".
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:50 am

I wouldn't say it's "allowed" but I do my job, I do it well, and the boss never asks what I'm up to. I spend almost all day at my desk typing and reviewing drawings/plans so what I'm typing he wouldn't know.

He's also a gamer who I'm pretty sure has games on the go during the day so I doubt he'd ever mention anything. :lol:
Last edited by Booney on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:02 am

I am the boss at site level so I use safooty as a way to re-energise at various times. I don't nearly post as much as I use to though much to the delight of many.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:27 am

Booney wrote:

I wouldn't say it's "allowed" but I do my job, I do it well, and the boss never asks what I'm up to. I spend almost all day at my desk typing and reviewing drawings/plans so what I'm typing he wouldn't know.

He's also a gamer who I'm pretty sure has games on the go during the day so I doubt he'd ever mention anything. :lol:

Fairly similar to Boon for me. I am in and out of all kinds of things (drawings etc held on servers in the USA) so often there is a lag while they load up. I have the site minimized in my tool bar & pull it up while I am waiting etc. As for my boss, whenever I go into his office, he is reading the online news feeds!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:45 am

bennymacca wrote:

Where do you take it to?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MW » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 am

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

Fairly similar to Boon for me. I am in and out of all kinds of things (drawings etc held on servers in the USA) so often there is a lag while they load up. I have the site minimized in my tool bar & pull it up while I am waiting etc. As for my boss, whenever I go into his office, he is reading the online news feeds!

x3 sounds like we are all in the same industry
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 am

I have a two screen setup, so I can work on one and treat myself on the other one.

During baseball season, I usually have a game playing on one in the mornings. I also have the browser on that one, so SAFooty and FB are pretty much open all day everyday.

No one here has any authority over me, so I can do what I want really.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 am

I have 3 screens and I'm tucked away.

A previous manager tried to tell me to stay off here during the day after tracking my usage, I just said "yeah, no worries, I'll do my 7.5 hours a day, take my lunch break ans not answer my phone after 4pm aswell then" It wasn't a problem after that.

He was out to get me so I set up a file on my desktop titled "nice tits", he was so pleased with himself when he thought he'd catch me out in front of others as he opened it only to find a collection of pictures of birds.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:"yeah, no worries, I'll do my 7.5 hours a day, take my lunch break ans not answer my phone after 4pm aswell then"

Have left my desk once in 10 years for a lunch break, funnily enough it was when the opposition was trying to poach me I went for a bite to eat with the Territory Manager. I'm working by 7:30 and leave on or around 5. I do my bit.

We also look after Perth so while daylight savings is on here in Adelaide my phone goes until 8pm most nights. Our customer base are pretty good and I often swipe away after 6:30-7pm, I just make sure I call them first thing their time the following day.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:"yeah, no worries, I'll do my 7.5 hours a day, take my lunch break ans not answer my phone after 4pm aswell then"

Have left my desk once in 10 years for a lunch break, funnily enough it was when the opposition was trying to poach me I went for a bite to eat with the Territory Manager. I'm working by 7:30 and leave on or around 5. I do my bit.

We also look after Perth so while daylight savings is on here in Adelaide my phone goes until 8pm most nights. Our customer base are pretty good and I often swipe away after 6:30-7pm, I just make sure I call them first thing their time the following day.

Pretty much the same, I've been a bit restricted as we're running on one car at home atm but it's swings and roundabouts, I often do some work at home if I'm bored too.

I do my job and take pride in my work, a happy worker is a productive worker.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am

Flex time FTW

Does that mean you leave later in the afternoon?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:16 am

Booney wrote:

Mind you it's the same prick who wouldn't give a 5/5 for attendance when I didn't take a sickie, was never late and took no annual leave for the entire financial year.

I'd say to him "I should be more like you, rock up late and leave early to make up for it".

He did thank me for attending his farewell dinner with sarcasm, I just got up and replied "I'm only here to make sure you're leaving".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 am

:lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:26 am

Booney wrote:

Flex time FTW

yeah i usually dont leave until 530-6

basically we have to do 37.5 hours in a week, between 7am and 7pm. You can carry up to -10 hours through a pay period, and +37.5 hours. Obviously there are times when i have to be around, like when there is a meeting, etc, but most of the time we just log our hours in a form and get it signed off at the end of the fortnight.

I usually try and get in by 9 so i can build up an extra half hour a day, and then take that time off when it reaches a day, but that hasnt been happening lately. And its bloody hard to stay around on a friday afternoon if you have an hour of flex sitting there!

Its a good system. You are trusted to do the correct amount of hours, but the flexibility is awesome (for instance i drop my son off at childcare on tuesdays, so i like to let him sleep as much as i can, and only get to work at 930)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:37 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

Flex time FTW

yeah i usually dont leave until 530-6

basically we have to do 37.5 hours in a week, between 7am and 7pm. You can carry up to -10 hours through a pay period, and +37.5 hours. Obviously there are times when i have to be around, like when there is a meeting, etc, but most of the time we just log our hours in a form and get it signed off at the end of the fortnight.

I usually try and get in by 9 so i can build up an extra half hour a day, and then take that time off when it reaches a day, but that hasnt been happening lately. And its bloody hard to stay around on a friday afternoon if you have an hour of flex sitting there!

Its a good system. You are trusted to do the correct amount of hours, but the flexibility is awesome (for instance i drop my son off at childcare on tuesdays, so i like to let him sleep as much as i can, and only get to work at 930)

Without having a logged system I've got good flexibility, for instance after Sunday at the 500 and Robbie Williams I rolled in about 9:30. That won't count though as I had a bacon and egg roll for the boss so it cancels the late arrival out.

Basically as long as I answer the phone I'm all clear, I work "from home" from time to time if I have a large project I need to focus on on the go, or I might be out in the boat with my brother. One or the other. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion