Redlegs redevelopment.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Redlegs redevelopment.

Postby Jim05 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Spargo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
DOC wrote:" The club has raised $1.1 million through crowd funding, which allowed supporters to buy a picket of the fence around the oval"

How much was each picket or was it a sliding scale?

Can you buy part of the wall?

Glad it's working well for them.
Wonder where they got that idea from?

I'm guessing Sturt, apparently they were the first sporting club in the world to think of selling fence pickets.

Think of all the money they could of made by selling dog turds for $1 a log[emoji14]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:03 pm

Spargo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
DOC wrote:" The club has raised $1.1 million through crowd funding, which allowed supporters to buy a picket of the fence around the oval"

I'm guessing Sturt, apparently they were the first sporting club in the world to think of selling fence pickets.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. They must have a lawsuit going against the SCG already.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby therisingblues » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:47 am

Spargo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Well, maybe the first to make it work successfully in the SANFL.
Am I feeling a bit of Sturt envy emanating from your post there Spargo?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:17 am

Far from it, I think Glenelg did quite well with the sale of their pickets.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Spargo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

well shit I'm really fricken sorry that we took an idea from someone else that worked in order for us to help our club. In this world you would think it wouldn't be such an issue but seems like there is an issue with it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby therisingblues » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:40 pm

stan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

well shit I'm really fricken sorry that we took an idea from someone else that worked in order for us to help our club. In this world you would think it wouldn't be such an issue but seems like there is an issue with it.

That's quite alright Stan. Set your mind at ease. Apology accepted.
Now, as for that song...
:lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Fricky » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:56 pm

$50 for a brick - you get a certificate saying you purchased a brick
$250 for a picket - plaque on a picket. Max 3 lines of writing, 20 characters per line.
$3500 for a guernsey - NFC player’s jumper with your name and number of your choice in a glass case. Your name will also feature on the same player jumper worn at the last game of the year at Norwood Oval. Also includes a picket.

Wolf Blass has put in a heap of money, as mentioned, and Coopers have as well. $4,312,600 raised so far, $1,687,400 left to go.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

How much for a car park?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:How much for a car park?

Are you Jarman Impey?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby absolutebath » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 am

Wedgie wrote:Good news, easily my fav away ground to visit. If they could redevelop their supporters things would be perfect! ;)

That's a bit rich coming from the grog squad. Not too many rocket scientists amongst that lot.
I'm glad you like the ground. Make sure you come into the club rooms and see what its like to win Premierships in this millennium
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby VALE PARK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 am

More disappointing news for the proposed new build at Coopers Stadium.
2 more appeals to deal with.
How does anything ever get built is SA?
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am

absolutebath wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Good news, easily my fav away ground to visit. If they could redevelop their supporters things would be perfect! ;)

That's a bit rich coming from the grog squad. Not too many rocket scientists amongst that lot.
I'm glad you like the ground. Make sure you come into the club rooms and see what its like to win Premierships in this millennium

If I wanted to do that I'd head to Elizabeth - won more flags, and their club-rooms actually exist.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am

Magellan wrote:
absolutebath wrote:

If I wanted to do that I'd head to Elizabeth - won more flags, and their club-rooms actually exist.

... and being right next door to the DSTO, the rocket scientists aren't too far away!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Grenville » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Any Legs supporters still waiting for their memberships to be delivered? Got two mates who purchased theirs online before Christmas and heard absolutely nothing from the club until they emailed them and got a reply to say it will be a week or two. And that was a week ago.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby JK » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Grenville wrote:Any Legs supporters still waiting for their memberships to be delivered? Got two mates who purchased theirs online before Christmas and heard absolutely nothing from the club until they emailed them and got a reply to say it will be a week or two. And that was a week ago.

It's the same every year mate - not sure the reasons this time around, but usually it's been a wait on home match or season tickets.

Several supporters get pretty up in arms about it, but in the main I'm not sure why, they'll have them before round 1 (and if not the club will make arrangements to ensure they have their entitlements in place).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Grenville » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm

JK wrote:
Grenville wrote:Any Legs supporters still waiting for their memberships to be delivered? Got two mates who purchased theirs online before Christmas and heard absolutely nothing from the club until they emailed them and got a reply to say it will be a week or two. And that was a week ago.

It's the same every year mate - not sure the reasons this time around, but usually it's been a wait on home match or season tickets.

Several supporters get pretty up in arms about it, but in the main I'm not sure why, they'll have them before round 1 (and if not the club will make arrangements to ensure they have their entitlements in place).

I think was the lack of communication that was pissing them off, they'd heard nothing at all.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Grenville wrote:
JK wrote:

I think was the lack of communication that was pissing them off, they'd heard nothing at all.

Sounds like Glenelg.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Grenville wrote:
JK wrote:

That would make more sense
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

International winemaker Wolf Blass has put his money where his heart is at SANFL club Norwood
Michelangelo Rucci, Chief Football Writer, The Advertiser

TODAY, if one of the SA-based AFL clubs was to announce a $1 million cash sponsorship, there would be a show.

Port Adelaide, as it did on signing French carmaker Renault in 2013, likes to be different to the point of organising a theme-based production on the MCG.

Crows chairman Rob Chapman, as he made known last year after BHP put big dollars into Adelaide’s AFLW campaign, would expect a big headline on Page 3 of The Advertiser.

But — as a sign of the times — when it happens in the SANFL, there is no grand reaction ... not even disbelief with the suggestion someone has typed too many zeros on the press release.

And there would be many who would doubt that sort of money would be pushed into SANFL coffers when the corporate world is more fascinated the AFL’s five-ring circus that has saturated public attention.

South Australia’s famous international winemaker Wolf Blass recently has become frustrated with how much time is passing in his wait to see the turning of the soil for the footings to the long-awaited new club house on The Parade for his beloved Norwood Football Club.

As proven by Blass’ record in trying to win the Melbourne Cup horse race, such impatience inevitably has him pull out his wallet in the hope money solves every problem.

Blass has put $1 million of his money on the table to make the project — that will carry his name — become a reality this year, the Redlegs’ 140th anniversary season.

Norwood Football Club leaders certainly understood what was meant by Blass doubling his original commitment of $500,000.

“Wolf Blass’ support and contribution will play an enormous role in facilitating the much anticipated development,” says Norwood chief executive James Fantasia.

This means: “Wolf is making sure this building is built — and very soon.”

Blass made this even clearer by saying: “I trust this continued support will encourage the council to start the project and provide additional financial support to ensure this great club can once again enjoy a social club environment that embraces its community and where people can continue to build friendships and camaraderie.”

As the Crows learn from some of its members and fans how much they miss “The Shed” from Football Park in the move to Adelaide Oval, Blass’ remarks about the importance of a social club to a football club echo well beyond The Parade.

Blass, now 83, is leaving many “legacies” around his great loves in SA. There is his wine museum reaching its opening at Hahndorf (with the town’s original school building preserved in the new structure).

And now there is to be a modern clubhouse at Norwood Oval. Every other SANFL club would wish it had a Wolf Blass ... Even some AFL clubs would savour a benefactor prepared to write million-dollar cheques.

This one act of extraordinary generosity to an SANFL club that does indeed deserve attention usually reserved to AFL franchises.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:52 pm

[Michelangelo Rucci/quote] "And there would be many who would doubt that sort of money would be pushed into SANFL coffers when the corporate world is more fascinated the AFL’s five-ring circus that has saturated public attention." [Michelangelo Rucci/quote]

Love this quote. No sense of irony from the Tiser's chief AFL writer.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL