The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 pm

I'll certainly accept it's a mystery why Lucas putting his head above the firing line was considered a good idea by anyone.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm

jo172 wrote:I'll certainly accept it's a mystery why Lucas putting his head above the firing line was considered a good idea by anyone.

It's the week before an election and they have their mouths open, only a matter of time before a foot falls in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:08 pm

What and who are the Danig party?
Drive past what i presume is their HQ down semaphore/nth haven way everyday??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What and who are the Danig party?

:-??

The Danig Party is South Australia's newest political party! We welcome anyone who is interested to come and join us at the West Croydon RSL on the last Sunday of every month from 3pm, where we have a general meeting of discussion to help guide and shape the Danig Party into the party for the people of Australia. Please understand that being a member of the Danig Party requires no costs and no obligation of any duties. We look forward to share discussion with everyone who attends!

Most people may be unsure of what the word Danig means or stands for. Danig is a dutch word which means when translated to the English language "serious"and "considerable". We as a party want to be able to work seriously and look to help move our country forward in all aspects. Previous and current political parties of Australia have acted as serious groups who help build this country, but we want to achieve higher than them and live up to our party name of being considerable towards the people of Australia.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Unfortunately I was waiting for the Libs tl shoot themselves in the foot to lose the election.

Think back well Marshall at anytime.

Then think back to Vicky Chapman not ruling out a leadership challenge to Isabel Redmond in the last week of the election campaign.

Now its good old Rob Lucas.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Booney wrote:

The Danig Party is South Australia's newest political party! We welcome anyone who is interested to come and join us at the West Croydon RSL on the last Sunday of every month from 3pm, where we have a general meeting of discussion to help guide and shape the Danig Party into the party for the people of Australia. Please understand that being a member of the Danig Party requires no costs and no obligation of any duties. We look forward to share discussion with everyone who attends!

Most people may be unsure of what the word Danig means or stands for. Danig is a dutch word which means when translated to the English language "serious"and "considerable". We as a party want to be able to work seriously and look to help move our country forward in all aspects. Previous and current political parties of Australia have acted as serious groups who help build this country, but we want to achieve higher than them and live up to our party name of being considerable towards the people of Australia.

Clear as mud that......
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

just received a robo call from the Libs... Jay wants to increase the GST to 15%.......... really .....Im no rocket scientist but isnt the GST a Federal tax...??? :shock:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:26 pm

blueandwhite wrote:just received a robo call from the Libs... Jay wants to increase the GST to 15%.......... really .....Im no rocket scientist but isnt the GST a Federal tax...??? :shock:

Yes, but can only be raised with the consent of the states.

Jay's previous policy was in favour of it.

No he couldn't unilaterally raise the GIST (albeit has increased other point of consumption taxes this term)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Labors ads where Marshall makes a verbal gaff are ******* shite. So he had a slip of the tongue, that might be worth a laugh that day but to reel it out months later in an election? Lame.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Gozu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:10 pm

morell wrote:Labors ads where Marshall makes a verbal gaff are ******* shite. So he had a slip of the tongue, that might be worth a laugh that day but to reel it out months later in an election? Lame.

I think Labor are getting a bit desperate and we all know what that means.

Labor only leading SA Best 51-49 in Taylor!

https://www.pollbludger.net/2018/03/13/ ... n-dunstan/

I was at my mother's tonight and the amount of advertising Mullighan is doing in Lee is staggering barely a stobie pole unmolested, mum even got a robo call from Weatherill when I was there and said she's sick of him ringing her! lol
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 am

The amount of robocalls and robopolls since the start of the year has been absurdly intrusive.

Next Parliament seriously needs to look at regulating them
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am

jo172 wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:just received a robo call from the Libs... Jay wants to increase the GST to 15%.......... really .....Im no rocket scientist but isnt the GST a Federal tax...??? :shock:

No he couldn't unilaterally raise the GIST (albeit has increased other point of consumption taxes this term)

All the states and the commonwealth need to agree to raise it.

Tasmania and NSW are currently Liberal held, WA,SA, VIC and Qld are Labor held, the federal government a LNP coalition.

There is ZERO chance they all agree on any major fiscal policy and there is LESS THAN ZERO chance Weatherill can do it on his own.

It is an awful Liberal scare tactic that people just can't fall for.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am

Gozu wrote:
morell wrote:Labors ads where Marshall makes a verbal gaff are ******* shite. So he had a slip of the tongue, that might be worth a laugh that day but to reel it out months later in an election? Lame.

I think Labor are getting a bit desperate and we all know what that means.

Labor only leading SA Best 51-49 in Taylor!

I was at my mother's tonight and the amount of advertising Mullighan is doing in Lee is staggering barely a stobie pole unmolested, mum even got a robo call from Weatherill when I was there and said she's sick of him ringing her! lol

Mullighan in real trouble in Lee.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 am

Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:

All the states and the commonwealth need to agree to raise it.

Tasmania and NSW are currently Liberal held, WA,SA, VIC and Qld are Labor held, the federal government a LNP coalition.

There is ZERO chance they all agree on any major fiscal policy and there is LESS THAN ZERO chance Weatherill can do it on his own.

It is an awful Liberal scare tactic that people just can't fall for.

It was however Weatherill's policy at one point.

He either stands by it or he doesn't.

The Liberal campaign is undoubtedly an exaggeration, but hell, i'm not even sure its that disingenuous.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

It wasn't his policy, it CAN"T BE, he agreed with the then NSW premier that it should be considered.

It's obviously not the Libs who don't get it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 am

Gozu wrote:
morell wrote: Labor only leading SA Best 51-49 in Taylor!

I predicted Taylor was a trouble seat for Labor two weeks ago.
I noticed that the SA Best candidate was gaining some traction in the western parts of the seat - a petition to put a roundabout in at a very dangerous intersection is getting some interest, while she had a positive response from a local residents group to some of her policy.
The nominal incumbent John Gee is a former Holden union rep, who some in the party think is a lazy member. With the change in boundaries, plus the Vlahos issue, I felt Taylor was always a seat that could fall.
It's one of those seats out north that I alluded to in a previous post that has a changing demographic.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am

Booney wrote:

Spotted them a couple of weeks ago and wondered wtf?
It seems at this point they're a western subs 'phenom' with most of their candidates out there. Are all of their candidates of Dutch heritage?
I'm judging by that post from their website and the explanation of their name that they're 'right of centre'. How far right?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:

It seems at this point they're a western subs 'phenom' with most of their candidates out there. Are all of their candidates of Dutch heritage?
I'm judging by that post from their website and the explanation of their name that they're 'right of centre'. How far right?

By the wording of their statement I'm guessing considerably right of centre.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:17 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:

By the wording of their statement I'm guessing considerably right of centre.

By and large, yes, at least according to their 16 point manifesto/policy statement.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jGoEdncIp8WFRINktnRlJnaTQ/view?ths=true
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:28 am

Yep, that's right all right! :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach