Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:If JJ was 180cm, 80kg forward pocket, what would your opinion of him be?
I think the expectations of Jenkins being a crash the pack KPP is false even though that's his size.
He's there because he needs a tall defender to match him because of his size, but he runs like a mid so if the ball gets out and it's a footrace, he'll beat his opponent most times and run in and kick the goal. Hence his "joe the goose" reputation.
Then during games he's able to give Sauce a spell and try and break even in the ruck for 10% of the game.
I agree with the frustrations though cause he can go missing quite often.
At the end of the day, 40, 46, 62, 45 goals from the last 4 years in that role is not bad.

Good old Junk time Jenkins. It would be an interesting stat to see how many of these were late in games.

regards,

REB

Or vs top 8 sides compared to bottom 10
Oh and in wins vs losses
Go to it B enny ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:If JJ was 180cm, 80kg forward pocket, what would your opinion of him be?
I think the expectations of Jenkins being a crash the pack KPP is false even though that's his size.
He's there because he needs a tall defender to match him because of his size, but he runs like a mid so if the ball gets out and it's a footrace, he'll beat his opponent most times and run in and kick the goal. Hence his "joe the goose" reputation.
Then during games he's able to give Sauce a spell and try and break even in the ruck for 10% of the game.
At the end of the day, 40, 46, 62, 45 goals from the last 4 years in that role is not bad.

Good old Junk time Jenkins. It would be an interesting stat to see how many of these were late in games.

regards,

REB

Or vs top 8 sides compared to bottom 10
Oh and in wins vs losses
Go to it B enny ;)

Not sticking up for JJ because he has been shocking but most key forwards would look better against bottom 10 teams or in wins than losses
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 pm

I like to heap sh*t on JJ as much as the next bloke but those figures are pretty good.
Not too many forwards/2nd rucks have figures like those in the last 4 years.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

i think its just when the crows (or any team for that matter) are going badly, you usually look for your big blokes to crash a pack or two and lift their team.

JJ will never be that guy but that doesnt mean it isnt valuable to the team - one of the more athletic key forwards in the game - probably only below buddy and daniher i reckon (maybe hipwood too)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mots02 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:30 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I like to heap sh*t on JJ as much as the next bloke but those figures are pretty good.

That's always my point, forget what he looks like doing it, look at the output.

I can't think of any second ruck / forward with stats as good as that.

Most teams would take any forward who could put up those numbers let alone the 4th option.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

#closetcrowsfan

:lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

#closetcrowsfan

Now that is funny :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:i think its just when the crows (or any team for that matter) are going badly, you usually look for your big blokes to crash a pack or two and lift their team.

JJ will never be that guy but that doesnt mean it isnt valuable to the team - one of the more athletic key forwards in the game - probably only below buddy and daniher i reckon (maybe hipwood too)

Being a former basketballer is why he doesn’t do crash packs. It’s not been hammered into him
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Brodlach wrote:
bennymacca wrote:i think its just when the crows (or any team for that matter) are going badly, you usually look for your big blokes to crash a pack or two and lift their team.

Being a former basketballer is why he doesn’t do crash packs. It’s not been hammered into him

That's a lame reason / excuse if I ever saw one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Greenwood is an ex basketballer too.

I remember a few years ago Leigh Matthews said Jack Watts would be more suited to playing basketball.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mots02 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

New Avatar for you @amber_fluid

#closetcrowsfan
Attachments
Closet-Crows-logo-1024x457.png
Closet-Crows-logo-1024x457.png (29.44 KiB) Viewed 347 times
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 pm

I try to be positive and serious for once............

Never again!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Booney wrote:Adelaide controlled the clearances in the first half and player their normal direct route to goal, after half time Port managed to get the ball forward when Ryder ( and Howard ) got first hands in the middle and gained repeat entries as we held you up in the middle coming out. .

Bullshit as soon as Sarah Jessica was subbed Port went to town, robbed the game of entertainment with the kids not having to jump back fences to retrieve the ball.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby LMA » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:01 pm

If JJ was a 180cm, 80kg forward pocket, quite simply he would be playing Ammo's.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 pm

LMA wrote:If JJ was a 180cm, 80kg forward pocket, quite simply he would be playing Ammo's.

what a load of crap - he kicks more goals than anyone on ports team

love how port supporters get stuck into JJ, when literally everyone over 6 ft 3 in ports team is weak as piss
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

The fact is you can't teach the c-nt factor and JJ doesnt have it
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 pm

So they play a local showdown in the last week of JLT so players don't have to travel a fortnight before the real stuff starts, however Crows now have 4 days off and Sloane went straight to airport from Alberton and was in Byron Bay that night!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 am

All teams played “local” derby’s not just the SA teams
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 am

Dutchy wrote:So they play a local showdown in the last week of JLT so players don't have to travel a fortnight before the real stuff starts, however Crows now have 4 days off and Sloane went straight to airport from Alberton and was in Byron Bay that night!

The travesty! :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 am

MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So they play a local showdown in the last week of JLT so players don't have to travel a fortnight before the real stuff starts, however Crows now have 4 days off and Sloane went straight to airport from Alberton and was in Byron Bay that night!

The travesty! :lol:

Who will think of the children
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL