Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Flight delayed 2.5 hours. Just wanna go home and see my family after a long weekend away on the piss with the boys

Shouldn’t this be in the ‘things you rate’ thread.

2.5 more hours of drinking piss :drinkers: :drinkers:

Spot on!
#bennysfirstboystrip

They grow up so fast.

Bennys Mrs is pissed off his flights only delayed 2.5 hours.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Flight delayed 2.5 hours. Just wanna go home and see my family after a long weekend away on the piss with the boys

Spot on!
#bennysfirstboystrip

They grow up so fast.

:lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:08 am

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Spot on!
#bennysfirstboystrip

They grow up so fast.

"Oh, babe, that's awful"

*Insert party popper noises here*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:38 am

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:Bennys Mrs is pissed off his flights only delayed 2.5 hours.

"Oh, babe, that's awful"

*Insert party popper noises here*

you spelt champagne cork wrong
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:02 pm

John Olsen:

"Adelaide Oval's reputation not only nationally but internationally is due to the exceptional management team"

Yeah, nothing to do with the staff there, just the management team. Wanker.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:John Olsen:

"Adelaide Oval's reputation not only nationally but internationally is due to the exceptional management team"

Yeah the quality of the beer pourers is the reason it's reputation is great :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:07 pm

MW wrote:

Yeah the quality of the beer pourers is the reason it's reputation is great :lol:

Half of them couldn’t pour a beer to save their lives.............. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:[quote="bennymacca"]Flight delayed 2.5 hours. Just wanna go home and see my family after a long weekend away on the piss with the boys

Spot on!
#bennysfirstboystrip

They grow up so fast.

"Oh, babe, that's awful"

*Insert party popper noises here*[/quote]

Haha only just saw all of this now.

Did get to spent a few more hours in the qantas club though
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:13 pm

MW wrote:

Couple of pretty good drinkers there too. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 pm

MW wrote:

Not just the beer pourers which I'm not one of usually anyway, was thinking of everyone from the curators, ushers, food staff, handymen, security, the entertaintainers, announcers, the chefs at the Hill of Grace, the sports people, etc, etc. Apparently they have nothing to do with it.

Which is weird as I get the opposite feedback from people who come from interstate and overseas. But John Olsen obviously knows better than them. Wanker.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:23 pm

People who move a bar stool to the one place on the bar where everyone lines up to get served and camp there when the rest of the bar is empty including many tables and chairs.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

Not just the beer pourers which I'm not one of usually anyway, was thinking of everyone from the curators, ushers, food staff, handymen, security, the entertaintainers, announcers, the chefs at the Hill of Grace, the sports people, etc, etc. Apparently they have nothing to do with it.

Which is weird as I get the opposite feedback from people who come from interstate and overseas. But John Olsen obviously knows better than them. Wanker.

any the pure fact that its a brand new stadium in the heart of the city - the SMA's management team has nothing to do with that.

they would certainly help ensure the experience is good when you get there, along with all the staff, but none of that is the reason why Adelaide oval is good
bennymacca
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

any the pure fact that its a brand new stadium in the heart of the city - the SMA's management team has nothing to do with that.

they would certainly help ensure the experience is good when you get there, along with all the staff, but none of that is the reason why Adelaide oval is good

I got better service in the Members Bar at Footy Park @Footy Chick
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

I agree with most of what you say especially for locals but I'm constantly amazed at the feedback given to me from people outside SA. The experience you get there has a lot to do with whybits so good, have a bad experience and you don't go back.

Mind you having said that I'd rarely be a patron there, I'd need better beer at a better price to entice me. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:21 pm

I put that down to stadium design. It is a really good stadium. Food and drink definitely has something to do with that. It is awesome that the most you have to walk for food, beer and a piss is maybe 40m. Would also take a lot of effort to keep that running smoothly.

Nobody would fly from interstate to watch footy at footy park. it was a shithole.

Adelaide oval is in the best location for a stadium in Australia.

in my opinion, if the SMA didnt do their job, it could definitely detract from the experience. But the oval is the selling point, not the way it is run
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:I put that down to stadium design. It is a really good stadium. Food and drink definitely has something to do with that. It is awesome that the most you have to walk for food, beer and a piss is maybe 40m. Would also take a lot of effort to keep that running smoothly.

Nobody would fly from interstate to watch footy at footy park. it was a shithole.

in my opinion, if the SMA didnt do their job, it could definitely detract from the experience. But the oval is the selling point, not the way it is run

I wouldn’t drive from Littlehampton to watch a game at Footy Park.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I put that down to stadium design. It is a really good stadium. Food and drink definitely has something to do with that. It is awesome that the most you have to walk for food, beer and a piss is maybe 40m. Would also take a lot of effort to keep that running smoothly.

Fair call, but I did used to drive from Littlehampton to Prospect. Probably just as well that relationship didn't work out but I did like it there!
Took me the same amount of time to get to work in the CBD as it did from Happy Valley!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Fair call, but I did used to drive from Littlehampton to Prospect. Probably just as well that relationship didn't work out but I did like it there!
Took me the same amount of time to get to work in the CBD as it did from Happy Valley!

Littlehampton to CBD once the tunnel went through 30 minutes, mind you I am an earlish starter.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm

The only way I'd go to Adelaide Oval would be to park my car on the fringe of Adelaide and use my Seniors card on a short bus or train trip from there. ( I wouldn't spend the time to do the whole trip from te hills on public transport.).

Only about 4 years ago I drove to the ANZ in KW St and got a park on the curbside in Waymouth St, but these days just driving through the CBD is sheer hell! I've moved all my business and shopping entirely out of the CBD now.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 pm

I park on North Terrace opposite the Convention Centre, costs me $10 and I'm home within 5 mins.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion