The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby MW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 pm

I find it astounding that you want them out of the SANFL at any cost, yet want compensation for them playing in another league.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2597 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:48 pm

MW wrote:I find it astounding that you want them out of the SANFL at any cost, yet want compensation for them playing in another league.

How about compensation for breaking the 15-year contract?

Not that I would expect the tossrags at the SANFL to pursue any compensation in the event that the garbage actually did exit the league before the contract was complete.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:49 pm

MW wrote:I find it astounding that you want them out of the SANFL at any cost, yet want compensation for them playing in another league.

I'm astounded you're astounded by anything he says. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Oh no a complete crows nerd finds it astounding I want to keep the afl accountable.

CGAF.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Not that I would expect the tossrags at the SANFL to pursue any compensation in the event that the garbage actually did exit the league before the contract was complete.

so let me see if I have this right...
1. You want them out of the SANFL at any cost
2. AFL are planning to get out of SANFL
3. You want compensation because they are breaking a 15 year contract
4. If they stay and honour the contract, revert back to step 1.
MW
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 pm

UK Fan wrote:

Oh no a complete crows nerd finds it astounding I want to keep the afl accountable.

CGAF.

accountable for removing themselves from a toxic environment that you don't want them in in the first place
:lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Pretty sure the contract is termed as being reviewed annually by the SANFL which, given an AFL reserves competition, the SANFL would terminate the deal at the end of the year as the AFL would tell them to.

Other than that IIRC there's a 12 month clause for all parties involved to terminate the deal.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:58 pm

MW wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

CGAF.

accountable for removing themselves from a toxic environment that you don't want them in in the first place
:lol:

If they dissolve you can bugger of for free.

Leave us and break a contract That guarantees the clubs $400k and go to another league that will compete with SANFL. Well that’s gonna cost ya imho!!!

But we all know the spineless sanfl will just roll over.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:01 pm

So we're talking losses to the SANFL of $400,000 from Adelaide's pocket and $1m from sponsors related to the C7 deal, is that about right?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:03 pm

MW wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Personally, I want the garbage out of the league without condtion or qualification.

Nevertheless if the Clowns leave themselves in a legally questionable position then I say screw 'em for all they've got. Continuing to honour their agreement and pay each of the dinkum clubs $50K a year for the next decade might go some way to undoing the damage that their presence has wrought on the competition.

The Smears, OTOH, would seem to owe the SANFL nothing. Kick 'em out and be done with it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Hazydog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Magellan wrote:
beef wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:The AFL was always going to introduce a reserves competition as some stage it was just a matter of when.

I'm excited that the SANFL will no longer have the AFL teams involved in the competition.

I think this is a great opportunity for the SANFL to once again market itself as its own league without AFL involvement and could potentially bring disgruntled supporters back to clubs.

Its the next generation that will kill off the SANFL. No one under 25 really follows it now unless they know someone playing. No port or crows will mean no interest from kids and now they can see their reserve players before the league game they have no reason to look at the sanfl. Where are top up players coming from or if they increase list size. Standard will drop then even less interest from younger fans

True point about the lack of kids' interest, although Port and Crows kids are not flocking to watch the up and coming players in the SANFL. This is ultimately a policy question for the SANFL and clubs to work out how and where to position itself. It's probably it's most challenging task going forward.

The SANFL comp may dissolve, weaken, or even die in time. So be it, better to die on its feet than live in its knees.

You know, there could even be spot available for Carlton to join the SANFL if they continue their perpetual lapse into irrelevance. ;)

Carlton no...Port Melbourne on the other hand...?? Seriously though, as good as this news is for the true SANFL fans, it raises the question of where does it leave the likes of Port Melbourne and the other one or two stand alone clubs currently in the VFL.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Carlton no...Port Melbourne on the other hand...?? Seriously though, as good as this news is for the true SANFL fans, it raises the question of where does it leave the likes of Port Melbourne and the other one or two stand alone clubs currently in the VFL.

Where does it leave the likes of Glenelg and West who could lose, immediately, $100k+ from their bottom line ( $50k from Adelaide and whatever they get from sponsors through the C7 deal ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Hazydog wrote:

Where does it leave the likes of Glenelg and West who could lose, immediately, $100k+ from their bottom line ( $50k from Adelaide and whatever they get from sponsors through the C7 deal ).

But aren’t these clubs forking over money for TV coverage only for the broadcasters to mainly show the 2 AFL reserves sides?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Magellan wrote:
beef wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:The AFL was always going to introduce a reserves competition as some stage it was just a matter of when.

I'm excited that the SANFL will no longer have the AFL teams involved in the competition.

I think this is a great opportunity for the SANFL to once again market itself as its own league without AFL involvement and could potentially bring disgruntled supporters back to clubs.

Its the next generation that will kill off the SANFL. No one under 25 really follows it now unless they know someone playing. No port or crows will mean no interest from kids and now they can see their reserve players before the league game they have no reason to look at the sanfl. Where are top up players coming from or if they increase list size. Standard will drop then even less interest from younger fans

True point about the lack of kids' interest, although Port and Crows kids are not flocking to watch the up and coming players in the SANFL. This is ultimately a policy question for the SANFL and clubs to work out how and where to position itself. It's probably it's most challenging task going forward.

The SANFL comp may dissolve, weaken, or even die in time. So be it, better to die on its feet than live in its knees.

You know, there could even be spot available for Carlton to join the SANFL if they continue their perpetual lapse into irrelevance. ;)

Already interest from VAFA clubs to join a new VFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Booney wrote:
Hazydog wrote:

MW and BennyMac ???? Caught up yet

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Caught up to what? That the AFL sides being in the SANFL is a big financial win for the SANFL clubs?
MW
Coach

Postby StrayDog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:28 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone hear Ruccis dummy spit at Roy's open letter on wednesday arvo??

Is that the bit about "Centrals need to stop being part of the problem?".
Something along the lines of
'We know what the problems are Roy, we need solutions blah blah blah....and all i hear from Centrals is whinge, whinge, whinge

But Centrals to their credit (with South) voted against it....they can whinge as much as they like.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Aaah ....that would be a Rucci "No No AFL in the SANFL whinge" whinge. 8)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Pseudo wrote:
MW wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Personally, I want the garbage out of the league without condtion or qualification.

Nevertheless if the Clowns leave themselves in a legally questionable position then I say screw 'em for all they've got. Continuing to honour their agreement and pay each of the dinkum clubs $50K a year for the next decade might go some way to undoing the damage that their presence has wrought on the competition.

The Smears, OTOH, would seem to owe the SANFL nothing. Kick 'em out and be done with it.

And THAT my friends is the sound of a nail head getting smashed very hard.
Agree with the entire post, especially the bold type bits.
I would specify that Port get to keep the Magpies in the SANFL, and just make the body snatchers go elsewhere.
Then we can all go back to hating each team with a passion, and stop all this supporting each other's club against the common filth. That is the way a competition should be, none of this practice BS.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:31 pm

So lets have some AFL in the SANFL, just not too much!
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:31 pm

MW wrote:Caught up to what? That the AFL sides being in the SANFL is a big financial win for the SANFL clubs?

LOL, now you're just trolling.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL