Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Adelaide Footy League Women Division 1 - 2018

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Division 1 now set

What happened to Angle Vale and Modbury- last time i heard it was an 8 team comp
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Pag » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Have also heard the Crows are refusing to release any AFL listed players back to their home clubs for the SAWFL season. These semi-professional athletes will now play only seven games in a year, and it will mean young girls who come out to watch the stars at their local clubs will now miss the up close interactions local footy brings. The girls who get to watch Deni Varnhagen at Morphies, Ruth Wallace at Uni or Sarah Allan at Salisbury will now lose that opportunity.

The AFC continuing to give back to grass roots footy.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:57 am

Pag wrote:Have also heard the Crows are refusing to release any AFL listed players back to their home clubs for the SAWFL season. These semi-professional athletes will now play only seven games in a year, and it will mean young girls who come out to watch the stars at their local clubs will now miss the up close interactions local footy brings. The girls who get to watch Deni Varnhagen at Morphies, Ruth Wallace at Uni or Sarah Allan at Salisbury will now lose that opportunity.

So if the Crows are investing all this money on developing these girls and they go out and do a knee playing Amateur league footy how u think the club would feel.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby mickey » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Pag wrote:Have also heard the Crows are refusing to release any AFL listed players back to their home clubs for the SAWFL season. These semi-professional athletes will now play only seven games in a year, and it will mean young girls who come out to watch the stars at their local clubs will now miss the up close interactions local footy brings. The girls who get to watch Deni Varnhagen at Morphies, Ruth Wallace at Uni or Sarah Allan at Salisbury will now lose that opportunity.

So if the Crows are investing all this money on developing these girls and they go out and do a knee playing Amateur league footy how u think the club would feel.
Not sure "all this money" is going to make them better only playing a handful of games a year.

Better off spending the imaginary truck load of cash helping them to develop back in the local comp. Send coaches out to the club's to really start developing the next set of players coming through.

Sending players back to a league where the AFC are helping to improve would be a great benefit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:20 pm

I don't really follow the chicks but as far as I'm aware, the crows girls will play with the Crows in the VFL womens comp. They would stay if the SANFL played a winter comp.

Either way the "stars" wouldnt be playing in Adelaide Footy Women anyway.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I don't really follow the chicks but as far as I'm aware, the crows girls will play with the Crows in the VFL womens comp. They would stay if the SANFL played a winter comp.

Crows haven’t entered a VFLW team unless they are playing for the NT Thunder?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Hence the first 5 words in my post :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby vics01 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Do they play at half time of the Mens Div 1?
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 pm

vics01 wrote:Do they play at half time of the Mens Div 1?

Don’t know about other clubs but it doesn’t appear so
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Crows haven’t entered a VFLW team unless they are playing for the NT Thunder?

Exactly mate I was told today that the Crows would send a lot of the girls to play for NT Thunder so they won’t play local in Adelaide. IF the crows don’t win tomorrow then a lot will be sent back to their sanflw side and play for them.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Hence the first 5 words in my post :lol:

Maybe you should start!!!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby Broken Down Hack » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Not good to hear the girls can't return to there local clubs .... Morphettville Park have lost 10 to Crows .. been hit 2 yrs straight with only 3 girls only being able to play last year, i thing in all we lost about 12 from 2016 premiership team .... then to see those who had to leave win the flag at Uni hurt a bit, i thing the best 5 in the GF came from the Roos.... now all can't play ..... with the explosion off womans footy the clubs need these players around ... I know the Girls at Morphies are a bit upset but are being mentors and helping with are junior sides which keeps them in touch with the club ....

On another note its a real slap in the face for grassroots clubs when the SANFL claim the girls for state sides which didn't even field a side last year (Sturt/South)..... also if a junior player comes through the ranks off grassroots clubs in male footy they make league the SANFL give something back in helping that junior develope ..... Has any grassroots club received anything from the Crows/SANFL for these girls ... even if its just a photo to put up in the club ....i think not ..... rant over
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Puts it in perspective when you hear one of the Sturt girls killed in a car accident this morning.

Football is not the most important thing.

R.I.P Ellen Maple
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 pm

How many divisions are there??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am

vics01 wrote:How many divisions are there??

Nothing in concrete but I'd be thinking 5.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 am

D1/D1R
D2
D3
D4
D5