The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

StrayDog wrote:
marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Ohhhh Fanny.

It's so weird how much I like you. Reminds me of marbles.

fanny is very lovable

I reckon you're right. I've never met one that I didn't like.

Snatched the words right from my mouth.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Grenville » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:00 am

Magellan wrote:
StrayDog wrote:
marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Ohhhh Fanny.

It's so weird how much I like you. Reminds me of marbles.

fanny is very lovable

Clam up you two, stop flapping your lips.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 am

morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:The SANFL aren't the governing body, the SA Football Commission is.

Let's just clear that up so UK stops posting it.

http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=3477014

Just quoting the laws of the game
You can't be this thick.

Do AFL teams play under AFL or SANFL rules when in SA?

AFL Rules. Who’s disputing this. They play under AFL Rules because that would have been agreed when the 1st license was approved by the SAFC. Or for the point of semantics, they play under AFL governance. Ref am bays

Do you actually read any posts or just sit thinking up ways to be insulting and playing to your audience.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 am

Grenville wrote:
Magellan wrote:
StrayDog wrote:
marbles wrote:fanny is very lovable

Clam up you two, stop flapping your lips.

Yes, the conversation is starting to re-vulva around off colour topics, and the joke is getting a bit labia-ed.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 am

Booney wrote:Semantics and UK's lack of understanding aside, does anyone actually believe the SANFL ( SA Football Commission ) will tell the AFL what's happening with Port and Adelaide's SANFL sides and the AFL will accept it?

I go back to my earlier point, Port Adelaide is one of several clubs to state they have not had any discussions with the AFL about a national reserves competition, not since 2014 anyway.

I tend to avoid your posts but in the hope a civil discussion can take place: in honesty I doubt very much that the SAFC will try to tell the AFL what is happening to PAFC or AFC Reserves. My point is that unless this issue was already signed off on an agreement somewhere then I would suspect the SAFC / SANFL would have contractural law on their side when it comes to the AFL Reserves in SA.

If, as you say, Port and others have claimed they have no knowledge on any Reserves League then the whole argument is irrelevant anyway.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:29 am

UK Fan wrote:
jo172 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:Semantics and UK's lack of understanding aside, does anyone actually believe the SANFL ( SA Football Commission ) will tell the AFL what's happening with Port and Adelaide's SANFL sides and the AFL will accept it?

I go back to my earlier point, Port Adelaide is one of several clubs to state they have not had any discussions with the AFL about a national reserves competition, not since 2014 anyway.

I'm not the one making up everything changed in 1990. As per my link updated by the afl in 2015.

SANFL/Safc yet again I believe JTC covered off on that technicality yesterday.

SANFL with Olsen in charge will roll over we all know they will.

All you've shown is a misunderstanding of the word "govern" and refused to even attempt to engage with the numerous ways above you've been proven wrong

Blah blah

What part of what jTC explained to u so eloquently yesterday didn't you understand.

Ok, I'm suspecting that I'm being expertly trolled.

There is no way this isn't satire.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:50 am

morell wrote:
MW wrote:
morell wrote:Man I wish I was still stuck in 1989.

Listen to some Tears for Fears. Watch the Goonies and then Major League when mum wasn't looking. Pour over the Beckett only to realise my cards sucked. Play some knock off Pac Man on my Atari.

Good times man, good times.

Why are you describing my childhood?
It was a simpler time em dubs, back then the SANFL was boss and things were clear.

Then this whole fangdangled Victorian league came along and dang they just ruined it all!!

Soon enough they'll be running their own reserves league!

Don't they know the "N" stands for National!!

Mate, you are like a schoolyard bully. You’ve offered nothing to the discussion other than throw insults and then when that doesn’t work you revert to ridicule and encourage your little buddies to join in.

Of course, stereotypical of an AFL fan you seem to think anyone who actually cares about the SANFL is a dinosaur who lives in the past. You don’t seem able to comprehend people can, and want, to support an alternative league to your AFL. You have no history so you have no respect for for anyone else’s history.

SANFL fans are rightly proud of that great history, and proud of the clubs who made it, but they are also realists and know the challenges the league faces and where it sits in the pecking order. No one is under any illusions on either of those issues.

Anyway thanks for the mature debate. :roll:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 am

Magellan wrote:
morell wrote:Don't they know the "N" stands for National!!

To distinguish the game of 'Australian Rules' from other codes who also went by the name 'football', if my understanding's correct.

Correct. National refers to the game, not where it’s played is also my understanding
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am

John, criticising others for not contributing to the debate when both you and UK Fan have refused to engage with a couple of pretty simple concepts in:
- World Series Cricket occurring despite a "governing body"
- the possibility of people being able to organise private leagues (despite the obvious logistic difficulties; and
- the anti-competitive conduct provisions in Competition and Consumer Law Act.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 am

jo172 wrote:John, criticising others for not contributing to the debate when both you and UK Fan have refused to engage with a couple of pretty simple concepts in:
- the possibility of people being able to organise private leagues (despite the obvious logistic difficulties; and

Sorry no, I don’t know anything about World Series cricket so I don’t see the point in debating it as I’m not sure what the relevance one sport has to another under completely different circumstances.

I suspect what you are saying is that a bunch of wealthy people got together and organised some cricket matches outside the official body. I guess they had enough money to pay for it, pay for the venues, cover insurance and all the trimmings and the players contracts. I’d assume, but don’t know, the players were either out of contract, or had to sacrifice their contracts and be bought out. I don’t know ?
I’m sure if they were under contract and breeched that contract against the wishes of their Club or the official body, then that Club/ Body would have a right to take legal action?

I’m pretty sure the anti competitive conduct provisions are either covered or don’t apply. Otherwise how could any sports body operate. Do you think you could just start up another AFL team without getting the green light from the AFL Governing body and without complying to a significant number of pro-quo’s, rules and regulations?

I thought I had engaged in the question of 200 blokes.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 am

johntheclaret wrote:
jo172 wrote:John, criticising others for not contributing to the debate when both you and UK Fan have refused to engage with a couple of pretty simple concepts in:

Sorry no, I don’t know anything about World Series cricket so I don’t see the point in debating it as I’m not sure what the relevance one sport has to another under completely different circumstances.
I suspect what you are saying is that a bunch of wealthy people got to gether and organised some cricket market he’s outside the official body. I guess they had enough money to pay for it, pay for the venues, cover insurance and all the trimmings and the players contracts. I’d assume, but don’t know, the players were either out of contract, or had to sacrifice their contracts and be bought out. I don’t know ?
I’m sure if they were under contract and breeches that contract against the wishes of their Club or the official body, then that Club/ Body would have a right to take legal action?

You and UK Fan have at various times asserted that a "governing body" had an exclusive right to control the playing of sport in the geographical area that they deign to govern.

So you accept that a competition can be formed in a geographical area where a sport is played contrary to the wishes of the so-called "governing body".

johntheclaret wrote:I’m pretty sure the anti competitive conduct provisions are either covered or don’t apply. Otherwise how could any sports body operate. Do you think you could just start up another AFL team without getting the green light from the AFL Governing body and without complying to a significant number of pro-quo’s, rules and regulations?

No, you would need licencing from the AFL Commission to start another AFL team.

I could however start up (with the capital etc.) another League virtually identical to the AFL.

See NRL/Super League for example and the surrounding case law regarding the Trade Practices Act, as it then was, in an analogous situation.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 am

This thread has gone off on a weird tangent.
AFL sides exiting the SANFL will pay no compensation for it.
End of side thread, back to whinging they are there in the SANFL in the first place...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 am

Amen!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby VALE PARK » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 am

Both teams are still there,
I have heard nothing to convince me they are going anywhere.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby morell » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 am

johntheclaret wrote:
morell wrote:
MW wrote:
morell wrote:Man I wish I was still stuck in 1989.

Listen to some Tears for Fears. Watch the Goonies and then Major League when mum wasn't looking. Pour over the Beckett only to realise my cards sucked. Play some knock off Pac Man on my Atari.

Good times man, good times.

Why are you describing my childhood?
It was a simpler time em dubs, back then the SANFL was boss and things were clear.

Then this whole fangdangled Victorian league came along and dang they just ruined it all!!

Soon enough they'll be running their own reserves league!

Don't they know the "N" stands for National!!

Mate, you are like a schoolyard bully. You’ve offered nothing to the discussion other than throw insults and then when that doesn’t work you revert to ridicule and encourage your little buddies to join in.

Of course, stereotypical of an AFL fan you seem to think anyone who actually cares about the SANFL is a dinosaur who lives in the past. You don’t seem able to comprehend people can, and want, to support an alternative league to your AFL. You have no history so you have no respect for for anyone else’s history.

SANFL fans are rightly proud of that great history, and proud of the clubs who made it, but they are also realists and know the challenges the league faces and where it sits in the pecking order. No one is under any illusions on either of those issues.

Anyway thanks for the mature debate. :roll:
I am poking fun an was trying to be lighthearted. Meant no offense.

But yeah, no one in this thread is my buddy, I can guarantee you that!!

As for my arguments. To be brutally honest your assertions are so preposterous that I do not have the energy to go through convincing you otherwise. If someone is on the street corner bleating that the sky is pink, I'm hardly going to sit down and explain how light scatters when it hits the atmosphere. Instead I'll have a giggle and move on.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby PhilH » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:47 am

Didn't the SAAFL exist as an Amateur League not affiliated with the SANFL for decades?

Hasn't the SA Amateur Soccer been unaffiliated with FFSA for ages hence why SA has only 2 teams in FFA Cup?

I was involved in Gridiron in Australia back in the 1990s where QLD, NSW, Vic & WA all had 2 seperate state leagues and there were 3 national bodies.

For mine Governing Sporting Body relates more to who he government recognises as the organisation they liaise with in terms of sports development and management, ie funding programs, national representative teams, drug testing etc.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:51 am

Do any of us actually know the contract the afl teams signed when joining the SANFL?

It’s not hard to imagine there was a clause in there about a national reserves competition, or something similar.

Then we could all be arguing about nothing?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:Do any of us actually know the contract the afl teams signed when joining the SANFL?

It’s not hard to imagine there was a clause in there about a national reserves competition, or something similar.

lol no of course we dont.

But come on all this histeria has come about from a hack journo on the footy show.

Also we have had one team come out and say they havent been involved with any discussion yet.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:52 pm

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Do any of us actually know the contract the afl teams signed when joining the SANFL?

lol no of course we dont.

But come on all this histeria has come about from a hack journo on the footy show.

Also we have had one team come out and say they havent been involved with any discussion yet.

Port may not have had any discussion about it. It’s been driven by the big Melbourne clubs and they are very confident it will be up and running next year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:10 pm

You'd imagine if an AFL Magoos gets put together, that either:

A) There is an out clause for the 2 clubs

Or

B) The AFL would lean or throw a bone to get it done

There's no way the two clubs would be excluded from the national ressies comp against their wishes.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL