The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 am

Without even watching it, I have the utmost respect for Bucky but that doesn’t mean to say I have to agree with everything he says.

There are some Magpies supporters who didn’t want Port in the AFL and don’t support the Power because of this, I know that’s hard to believe for some but it’s true!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 am

morell wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Wow. So the Magpie fans are abjectly and universally wrong?

Kidding yourself
Wow. So *the club itself* is wrong and a few stubborn fools are right?

Kidding yourself.

I can't be any clearer that this - Magpies "fans" that think the SANFL team is the real Port and the Power are interlopers would constitute about 1% of the Port Adelaide Football Club community. If that. It's just that the tiny minority happen to congregate on safooty a bit and probably amongst the few that still go to SANFL games.

The remaining 99% would be on board with the One Club and the AFL - with various degrees of fervour, sure, but this really is a non-argument.

Seriously stop making figures up as it’s making you look silly.
99% :lol: :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:01 am

amber_fluid wrote:Without even watching it, I have the utmost respect for Bucky but that doesn’t mean to say I have to agree with everything he says.

There are some Magpies supporters who didn’t want Port in the AFL and don’t support the Power because of this, I know that’s hard to believe for some but it’s true!

I think that hardcore group has either softened in recent times, has walked away since the unification or has come on board. I don't think that hard core group is as large in numbers or as vocal as it was 3-4 years ago and certainly not what it was 10-15 years ago.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

56k members. Many more than that "supporters" who I would count as part of the community. Roy Morgan research estimated a total supporter base of 298k for Port in 2017.

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

You think there would be more than three thousand people that are Magpies only fans? I don't.
Last edited by morell on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

The big 400 is edging ever nearer :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Without even watching it, I have the utmost respect for Bucky but that doesn’t mean to say I have to agree with everything he says.

I think that hardcore group has either softened in recent times, has walked away since the unification or has come on board. I don't think that hard core group is as large in numbers or as vocal as it was 3-4 years ago and certainly not what it was 10-15 years ago.

Correct.

It's now an incredibly small number of people, in the scheme of things.
morell
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 am

morell wrote:66k members. Many more than that "supporters" who I would count as part of the community. Roy Morgan research estimated a total supporter base of 298k for Port in 2017.

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

You think there would be more than three thousand people that are Magpies only fans? I don't.

:lol: :lol: statistics, statistics and damn lies :lol: :lol:
On another thread Bonney said it was 55k members :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:07 am

johntheclaret wrote:
morell wrote:66k members. Many more than that "supporters" who I would count as part of the community. Roy Morgan research estimated a total supporter base of 298k for Port in 2017.

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Sorry I'm typing on my phone, the 5 and 6 are damn close. It is 56k ish
morell
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am

morell wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Sorry I'm typing on my phone, the 5 and 6 are damn close. It is 56k ish

Good get out :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am

morell wrote:56k members. Many more than that "supporters" who I would count as part of the community. Roy Morgan research estimated a total supporter base of 298k for Port in 2017.

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Many more than that.
Get your head out of the sand mate.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 am

Booney wrote:

You’re probably right but there is still plenty that do exist.
To pretend otherwise like Morrell is, is just plain silly.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 am

Not trying to get out of anything. I couldn't give a flying **** if you believe me or not. I deal in truisms. The truth is Port have 56k members. Rounded up to the nearest 1k.

Another truism is Roy Morgan estimates our total supporter base at 298k

My estimation, of 1% of our supporter base being Magpies only fans, is therefore, quite accurate when you consider the numbers that attend SANFL games. Plus just anecdotally. I know a lot of Port fans. Can count the Maggies only ones on half of one hand.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 am

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:56k members. Many more than that "supporters" who I would count as part of the community. Roy Morgan research estimated a total supporter base of 298k for Port in 2017.

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Many more than that.
Really? Where are they? Where is the evidence for this mythical population of people?
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

You’re probably right but there is still plenty that do exist.
To pretend otherwise like Morrell is, is just plain silly.

Define "plenty"

I think three thousand people is "plenty".

But in the scheme of things. It's really not.
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:20 am

morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Many more than that.
Really? Where are they? Where is the evidence for this mythical population of people?

Their heads aren’t in the sand or up their ar$e so you probably won’t see them :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am

amber_fluid wrote:

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Many more than that.

Hey Amber, why don’t you and all your Real Port Buddies just start up and new club like AFC Wimbledon or FC United. Instead of the Teal Port Adelaide you could be the Real Port Adelaide. Hang on, that could be your slogan. Forget the Teal, join the Real.

If you can scratch only the 3,000 members left that Morrell has scientifically calculated on his smart phone, you’d still have more members than most of the traditional SANFL Clubs would have. We’d welcome you back with open arms and apparently you don’t even need to go through any formalities to do it, just start a team. Jo has a spare oval you can use and you could even call yourself the Magpies.

:lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am

morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Many more than that.

There’s that word Mythical again. Has there been a Harry Potter season on the box recently or something :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:47 am

I don't see any evidence that this population of people exist beyond the numbers I've spoken about. If there is research out there, or even a well formed hypothesis put forward, then I'm all ears

Until that time, it's a myth, in the truest sense of the word.
morell
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:53 am

morell wrote:I don't see any evidence that this population of people exist beyond the numbers I've spoken about. If there is research out there, or even a well formed hypothesis put forward, then I'm all ears

Until that time, it's a myth, in the truest sense of the word.

Righto Voldemort ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:11 am

johntheclaret wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

Many more than that.

Hey Amber, why don’t you and all your Real Port Buddies just start up and new club like AFC Wimbledon or FC United. Instead of the Teal Port Adelaide you could be the Real Port Adelaide. Hang on, that could be your slogan. Forget the Teal, join the Real.

If you can scratch only the 3,000 members left that Morrell has scientifically calculated on his smart phone, you’d still have more members than most of the traditional SANFL Clubs would have. We’d welcome you back with open arms and apparently you don’t even need to go through any formalities to do it, just start a team. Jo has a spare oval you can use and you could even call yourself the Magpies.

:lol:
This is, in a roundabout way, exactly what happened in 1997.

Go ahead I say. Just don't call yourself Port Adelaide.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL