Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 am

Booney wrote:
:lol:

No, his first and last name start with B though.

Always gotta be wary of the double initialed people I've found. :D
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Lets be honest...keys in the ignition and unlocked, or locked up like fort knox, a VB-VL commodore is always going to get stolen if they want to steal it

I had a VC for about 2 years that I could start with a 10c piece.

They were a classic, we used to do time trial when we were bored to see who could break into my mates dad's car the quickest, pretty sure that was a VC too, 5c pieces used to work the best.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Lets be honest...keys in the ignition and unlocked, or locked up like fort knox, a VB-VL commodore is always going to get stolen if they want to steal it

They were a classic, we used to do time trial when we were bored to see who could break into my mates dad's car the quickest, pretty sure that was a VC too, 5c pieces used to work the best.

Yep...I had a VC for about 4 years. In that time it broken into four times, all four the stereo was stolen and twice they stole the car full stop. Once to use it as a get away car after robbing my house also! They ended up totalling it on that occasion thank god...
Last edited by MW on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Sounds like a crap day

How does anyone leave their keys in the ignition?

A mate once left his VL Commodore Wagon running, yes, RUNNING when we got to Adelaide Oval for a Test match back in the early 00's.

Late in the day he's started looking for his keys, nowhere to be found, goes back to his car to find a note telling him to go to Adelaide Oval match day office, back then it was still in the back of the old Bradman Stand. Gets there to claim his keys and gets informed a punter walked past his car and found that it was still running. They shut it off, locked it up, left and note and handed in the keys.

It was his 50th late last year and he was down from Brisbane for it, this and some other cracking stories about his escapades were recounted. Good times.
I don't have that issue anymore......keyless start! Although it is slightly unnerving when the key is in a backpack but you throw the bag in and press the start button with no key in sight.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:52 am

MW wrote:
Yep...I had a VC for about 4 years. In that time it broken into four times, all four the stereo was stolen and twice they stole the car full stop. Once to use it as a get away car after robbing my house also!

Could start a thread titled "Commodore Chronicles".

My VH had a hole in the radiator for a while, I'd have to top it up with water every ten minutes of driving, one day 2 coppers pulled up next to me on St Vincent street in the Port, the passenger wound the window down and said "cooking a barbie under there mate?" as it was pissing out with thick steam.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:55 am

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep...I had a VC for about 4 years. In that time it broken into four times, all four the stereo was stolen and twice they stole the car full stop. Once to use it as a get away car after robbing my house also! They ended up totalling it on that occasion thank god...

I used a pad lock on the T-bar as my anti theft device. A nice thick one fitted perfectly between the underside of the top handle and the pull up lever that let you select a gear. I never locked the car up, waste of time, left the windows down all summer, perfect!

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:00 am

What's the stain on the driver seat?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 am

Ha! My interior was NOTHING like that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 am

My XC Falcon Panel Van had no drivers side window and could be started with a paddle pop stick, comb or a house key.
It never got stolen.
Mind you I did usually take the rotor out of the distributor.
Actually scrap that, a matr did take it for a joy ride once. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3864 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:03 am

I was gonna say....
I once offered my sister to thoroughly clean my car $20 or keep whatever money you find, she ripped herself off by taking the redback, that was about 20 years ago too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I was gonna say....
I once offered my sister to thoroughly clean my car $20 or keep whatever money you find, she ripped herself off by taking the redback, that was about 20 years ago too.

I can relate to that, I used to clean out the above mentioned XC when my Dad had it (before he lost his license and I got it) and Id get a couple of hundred out of it, and that was in the 80s!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3864 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 am

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I was gonna say....

I can relate to that, I used to clean out the above mentioned XC when my Dad had it (before he lost his license and I got it) and Id get a couple of hundred out of it, and that was in the 80s!

Probably would've doubled that taking the empties to the depot too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

A mate once left his VL Commodore Wagon running, yes, RUNNING when we got to Adelaide Oval for a Test match back in the early 00's.

Late in the day he's started looking for his keys, nowhere to be found, goes back to his car to find a note telling him to go to Adelaide Oval match day office, back then it was still in the back of the old Bradman Stand. Gets there to claim his keys and gets informed a punter walked past his car and found that it was still running. They shut it off, locked it up, left and note and handed in the keys.

It was his 50th late last year and he was down from Brisbane for it, this and some other cracking stories about his escapades were recounted. Good times.

I had a VH commodore that I used to leave the keys in it and windows down on the road, I lived on Fletcher Road Largs Bay 2 doors down from a busy deli and directly across the road from a chemist and post office, not once did anyone even go in it.

My VH SLE was stolen 3 times in 2 weeks from the same spot at my work, had a fuel cut off so they could only get 500m away each time!
They tried a 4th time and got caught and received a slap on the wrist
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:00 am

The Ash Man wrote:
My VH SLE was stolen 3 times in 2 weeks from the same spot at my work, had a fuel cut off so they could only get 500m away each time!
They tried a 4th time and got caught and received a slap on the wrist

They probably only used it to get a box of VB and some winnie reds.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Grenville wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Got me f***ed as well , it's going to be a very quiet night if I get home.

EFA

Luckily the RAA only took 20min, top bloke, got it sorted. I'm biting my tongue at home, the missus knows my mood is as black as a dogs guts.

With all the yank wank around at least the whole episode has got you using two good ol Aussie colloquialisms.

Now I'm off to see a man about a dog.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 pm

An interesting last few posts guys, and made me think about luck and situations...

I bought my first car in 1965 - a 1955 FJ my older sister had bought new.
So, I've had 53 years of car ownership and I have never had a car stolen or even broken into.
(Mind you I've never owned a Ford and my last Holden was a 1968 HK 327 Bathurst Monaro.)

I even got away with my wife's old 1996 Ssangyong Musso parked in a friend's driveway in Daveron Park for a week while we were staying over with him and his wife for a week in 2007.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Psyber wrote:An interesting last few posts guys, and made me think about luck and situations...

So, I've had 53 years of car ownership and I have never had a car stolen or even broken into.
(Mind you I've never owned a Ford and my last Holden was a 1968 HK 327 Bathurst Monaro.)

I even got away with my wife's old 1996 Ssangyong Musso parked in a friend's driveway in Daveron Park for a week while we were staying over with him and his wife for a week in 2007.

No one went near the Model T?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Psyber wrote:An interesting last few posts guys, and made me think about luck and situations...

No one went near the Model T?

See above.
I wouldn't mind a Model T - or better a De Dion Bouton now - I'd sell them for a fortune!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Psyber wrote:See above.
I wouldn't mind a Model T - or better a De Dion Bouton now - I'd sell them for a fortune!

The Missus was watching Seabiscuit the other night and there was a great little bit about the Model T at the beginning.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Grenville » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Booney wrote:

Used to have a forklift at work that could be started with a pen lid. When someone bought it and was loading it onto their truck we said there's the spare key and gave him the pen lid.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion