The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:14 am

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:56k members. Many more than that "supporters" who I would count as part of the community. Roy Morgan research estimated a total supporter base of 298k for Port in 2017.

1% of 298,000 is 2,980.

You think there would be more than three thousand people that are Magpies only fans? I don't.

Many more than that.
Get your head out of the sand mate.
Really? Where are they? Where is the evidence for this mythical population of people?

Their heads aren’t in the sand or up their ar$e so you probably won’t see them :lol:
Solid argument.

Just another hypothesis. Putting it out there again.

It couldn't be that in fact, it is you who is denying reality? It is you that is perhaps blinded by emotion? It is you that is a victim of an echo chamber of only like minded people?

I mean all of the non anecdotal and anecdotal evidence points that way, but you know, hypothesis and all that.

;)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 am

morell wrote:This is, in a roundabout way, exactly what happened in 1997.

Go ahead I say. Just don't call yourself Port Adelaide.

Just don't reference soccer in any way to aussie rules and certainly not to Port Adelaide.

We go there to watch the spectacle that is the game. If you want choir practice there's plenty of churches about or if you're attracted to bright lights you're as smart as a moth.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am

Damien Fleming would say you're well and truly bowling down the "pathway of patronisation".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:18 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Damien Fleming would say you're well and truly bowling down the "pathway of patronisation".

Has he got a cul-de-sac of couldn't care? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Damien Fleming would say you're well and truly bowling down the "pathway of patronisation".

Has he got a cul-de-sac of couldn't care? :D

Possibly.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:27 pm

morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Many more than that.
Get your head out of the sand mate.
Really? Where are they? Where is the evidence for this mythical population of people?

Their heads aren’t in the sand or up their ar$e so you probably won’t see them :lol:
Solid argument.

Just another hypothesis. Putting it out there again.

It couldn't be that in fact, it is you who is denying reality? It is you that is perhaps blinded by emotion? It is you that is a victim of an echo chamber of only like minded people?

I mean all of the non anecdotal and anecdotal evidence points that way, but you know, hypothesis and all that.

;)
52A69CC0-5B76-43D7-9E64-2AE79D99B2B2.jpeg
52A69CC0-5B76-43D7-9E64-2AE79D99B2B2.jpeg (15.9 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:This is, in a roundabout way, exactly what happened in 1997.

Go ahead I say. Just don't call yourself Port Adelaide.

Just don't reference soccer in any way to aussie rules and certainly not to Port Adelaide.

We go there to watch the spectacle that is the game. If you want choir practice there's plenty of churches about or if you're attracted to bright lights you're as smart as a moth.

I thought the reference to AFC Wimbledon and FC United were pretty apt in the context of the discussion. Both are clubs formed by fans disenfranchised with their original clubs, so started new ones for the real fans.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Bloody hell.
Doesn't this thread grow with morell around? :lol:
I couldn't be bothered reading through it all as I usually do. I think the gist is basically morell lecturing us all that the Power is more important than the Magpies, therefore supporters of the latter aren't entitled to an opinion.
And he's written about 3 pages of analysis to that effect.
Am I right? I really couldn't be bothered reading it all and past experience has taught me it's usually just a very simple idea that he feels needs complication. In basic words, the power will kill the Magpies if it's convenient. Right! Let's start talking about everything especially, except that! :lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby morell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Yeah that about sums it up.

I'll question the complicating things though. I get in strife elsewhere for being patronising and condescending by not going into detail and just poking fun at people. So I don't do that and carefully explain through my opinion. Now I get criticism for that!

Bunch of bloody Goldilocks in here.
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:13 pm

morell wrote:Yeah that about sums it up.

I'll question the complicating things though. I get in strife elsewhere for being patronising and condescending by not going into detail and just poking fun at people. So I don't do that and carefully explain through my opinion. Now I get criticism for that!

Cheer up princess!
The weeks almost over.........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 pm

therisingblues wrote:Bloody hell.
Doesn't this thread grow with morell around? :lol:
I couldn't be bothered reading through it all as I usually do. I think the gist is basically morell lecturing us all that the Power is more important than the Magpies, therefore supporters of the latter aren't entitled to an opinion.
And he's written about 3 pages of analysis to that effect.
Am I right? I really couldn't be bothered reading it all and past experience has taught me it's usually just a very simple idea that he feels needs complication. In basic words, the power will kill the Magpies if it's convenient. Right! Let's start talking about everything especially, except that! :lol:

3 pages to go for the big 400
Think I might post something about the government :D That’ll get us over the line
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 am

The reason you're getting in trouble is that your basic argument is flawed.
Simple.
You can put on all the icing and cherries that you want, it's still going to smell like shit if it's a turd.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby morell » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 am

therisingblues wrote:

Simple.
You can put on all the icing and cherries that you want, it's still going to smell like shit if it's a turd.
and yet there isn't a single refutation of any significance beyond "nah you're wrong".

If my arguments are flawed. Prove it.
morell
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 pm

morell wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Simple.
and yet there isn't a single refutation of any significance beyond "nah you're wrong".

If my arguments area flawed. Prove it.

What, all of them

Ok, in the beginning Sanful made Adelaide. But he could see that Adelaide was lonely so he created Port that she may mate with Adelaide. But Port was greedy and disobeyed Sanful and ate from the forbidden Aful tree, so Sanful banished Adelaide and Port from the garden of sanful.
Adelaide and Port travelled far until they came upon the sinful and corrupt city of AvFL. But there was no room in the inn, for AvFL already begat a Magpie and for sure would not allow another.
Port begat two sons, Power and Magpie, but Power slain his brother Magpie in an act of treacherous fraticide so he could dwell in the sinful city of AvFL.
Port begate another offspring, and named that bastard child also Magpie.

Benevolent sanful came upon Port and her bastard offspring Magpie, but the immaculate conception was surely weak and deformed. Sanful took pity upon mother and child, and fed them with 15 million loaves and fishes. Then a wondrous miracle did occur, for Power would preach to his followers in the church of the blind faith,. He would preach of his history, of his time in the garden of sanful, but sanful had begat other offspring whose followers were from the church of the nonbeliever, who knew what was true and that the Magpie was surely cunning.
For these were the followers of the Bulldog and the Tiger, the Rooster and the Panther, of noble beast who served sanful and obeyed the ways of sanful.

Adelaide begat another son and named him Raven for he was the child of evil and deceit. Adelaide and Port returned to sanful and asked that he would let their children enter the garden. For sure sanful was weak and easily fooled by his lust for false promIses, promises of many followers, of wealth and good fortune. And truly the Rooster, the Tiger the Woodeagle and the beastless ones did sucker to sanful and threw open the gates to the garden.
Only the Panther and the Bulldog could foresee the plagues that would beset sanful, but he was blinded.

The Raven and Magpie were conceited and vain children, and like their parents had done, stole and ate the harvest from the garden, that their siblings would have none. Surely sanful grew weak as his children grew weak and his followers did abandon them. But sanful did love Raven and Magpie and did foresake his own. Then AvFL did awaken and did call to Adelaide and Port and did proclaim, bring your children to me for I am the word and my word is the law. And low Adelaide and Port would take their children from the garden of sanful because they were indeed powerful and would lead them to the promised land, a land where all the children of the AvFL would live and prosper.
And AvFL did proclaim that sanful was a blasphemer and did crucify him and his children be enslaved to serve the new king. And his word was so.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:00 pm

****. I've seen it all now.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:02 pm

Anddddd that's enough internet for the day.
morell
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Sweet baby raven!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 pm

That is f#cking brilliant, JTC.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Simply. Best. Post. Ever.

#hailthekingJTC
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:34 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Ok, in the beginning Sanful made Adelaide.

Adelaide were born in a court room.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL