Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Port Adelaide star Ollie Wines has hinted strongly he plans to re-sign with the club.

“I’m really comfortable where I’m at,” Ollie told FIVEaa on Friday. “I love this footy club. I feel privileged to be drafted here and be able to pull the jumper on each week.”
“The talks are ongoing and there’s no reason that supporters should be worried. The contract, I’ve got another six or seven months to run on it, I’ve tried to make that pretty clear. I’m not going to rush into signing anything too soon.
“I probably won’t wait until its end. The two previous contracts I’ve signed I’ve woken up one morning and said, ‘let’s sign it, it’s ready to go.’ It’s just when I want to do it.
“As I see my parents a little bit more as they start coming over for games and we catch up it won’t be too far away I wouldn’t have thought.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:56 pm

no lindsay thomas :(

and no toumpas :lol:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide star Ollie Wines has hinted strongly he plans to re-sign with the club.

“I’m really comfortable where I’m at,” Ollie told FIVEaa on Friday. “I love this footy club. I feel privileged to be drafted here and be able to pull the jumper on each week.”
“The talks are ongoing and there’s no reason that supporters should be worried. The contract, I’ve got another six or seven months to run on it, I’ve tried to make that pretty clear. I’m not going to rush into signing anything too soon.
“I probably won’t wait until its end. The two previous contracts I’ve signed I’ve woken up one morning and said, ‘let’s sign it, it’s ready to go.’ It’s just when I want to do it.
“As I see my parents a little bit more as they start coming over for games and we catch up it won’t be too far away I wouldn’t have thought.”

Yep he’s gone.

Look good in a Carlton jumper alongside Cripps in the guts.
2 Beasts in the middle for us. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide star Ollie Wines has hinted strongly he plans to re-sign with the club.

Gone
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2599 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:37 pm

MW wrote:

Gone

Wrong thread for Sloane discussion ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Their both gone!
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Port Adelaide continuing their great work in the indigenous community, as much as I put shit on them and their supporters they really do lead the way in this and full credit to them and their supporters should be very proud. I would love to meet Paul Vandenbergh one day, he does a top notch job.

THE Port Adelaide Football Club has launched its Australian-first Women’s Aboriginal AFL Academy with a breakfast at Alberton Oval.

Following the success over the past four years of the club’s Aboriginal AFL Academy for young men, the club has expanded the program to include a female-only academy.

The new program started last month with 29 girls in years 11 and 12 taking part in the weekly sessions.

Participants come from as far away as Darwin and Alice Springs as well as from across South Australia, including Port Augusta, Ceduna and parts of the Yorke Peninsula.

They will each complete a Certificate III in Fitness, which provides 100 SACE credits.

Port Adelaide’s Director of Aboriginal Programs Paul Vandenbergh said the Academy is the latest addition to the club’s suite of industry-leading programs for Aboriginal students, which focus on providing a quality educational experience for participants.

“We always knew football would be popular in the female Aboriginal community, we just had to create the pathway and platform," Mr Vandenbergh said.

“What we learned in the boys’ academy we’ve been able to transition to the girls and hopefully we are able to get some good educational outcomes.”

Port Adelaide’s industry-leading Aboriginal AFL Academy has achieved a 94% completion rate in its four years with four players drafted by AFL Clubs including Wayne Milera (Adelaide), Kym Lebois (Carlton), Tyson Stengle (Richmond) and Brandan Parfitt (Geelong).

Mr Vandenbergh said there had been a lot of interest in the academy, which also provides participants with a chance to refine their football skills with craft sessions.

He said he hoped some of the girls would be drafted by teams in the SANFL Women’s League or by teams in the AFLW, but he stressed that was not a priority.

“I can absolutely see some talented young footballers in this program and absolutely I can see some of them getting drafted.

“But what is more exciting for us is that we are actually helping build some really strong young women to become leaders in the community and we feel this program empowers them and gives them all sorts of opportunities they otherwise wouldn’t have had.

"We would love to see some of the girls progress to the AFLW, and hopefully represent Port Adelaide when we get a license, but the education portion of our program is our priority.”

The Women’s Aboriginal AFL Academy is supported by the South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy, the Department for Education and Child Development, the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and Energy Australia.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:20 pm

We're not quite clicking, but the method and structure had distinctively improved.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby carey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:26 pm

morell wrote:We're not quite clicking, but the method and structure had distinctively improved.

Disposal going forward = Dogshit
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby morell » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:10 pm

carey wrote:
morell wrote:We're not quite clicking, but the method and structure had distinctively improved.

Disposal going forward = Dogshit

We've missed a couple but at least we're trying to hit leads. The system and method is much better
morell
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Showing my age here but Powell-Peppers socks down running style (plus the #2 jumper) reminds me of Darrel Cahill.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3483 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:19 pm

they're moving the ball very well in close.
MW
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Any one seen or heard from Dave of Alberton??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1808 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 pm

am Bays wrote:Any one seen or heard from Dave of Alberton??

Ask someone over the age of 80, noone else listens to AM radio.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Dougal Howard with the new spoils record, with a staggering *22*

Breaks Josh Gibsons record. Difference being Dougal did it in 1v1s rather than a loosey

Kids a freak. Going to be a star.
morell
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Thought you guys looked a bit too tall with Watts, Marshall, Dixon and Westhoff.

Your thoughts?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:30 pm

stan wrote:Thought you guys looked a bit too tall with Watts, Marshall, Dixon and Westhoff.

Your thoughts?

They won’t have Ryder or Dixon next week
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby morell » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:35 pm

stan wrote:Thought you guys looked a bit too tall with Watts, Marshall, Dixon and Westhoff.

Your thoughts?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Your thoughts?

Reckon Dixon will be ok. Freo player was OK and it wasnt a "bump" per se
morell
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:41 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Your thoughts?

Reckon Dixon will be ok. Freo player was OK and it wasnt a "bump" per se

Went for the body and make contact with the head. You never know with the AFL idiots
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL