Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:What did Gregory do?

groin I think they said.

I have noticed one critical poster has been absent the past few days? maybe buying Gatts a congratulatory beer? :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Footy Smart wrote:

groin I think they said.

I have noticed one critical poster has been absent the past few days? maybe buying Gatts a congratulatory beer? :D

or, drafting numerous articles about ball tampering at a much higher level ;)
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 pm

tigerfan11 wrote:Interesting 4 x flags shared between two clubs TTG and Sturt. Whats the breakdown across all grades / genders?? I know the host club of the 1st Grade were keeping a close eye on both clubs, in particular how we can do better across the grades to make grand finals. Mick Weatherald spoke to a few glenelg people about some things Sturt have put in place as a young club having success.

Congrats to sturt and TTG for obviously doing a lot of things right, hopefully we can be enthusiastic we are not far off with three semi final losses. What happened in the last hour bullsforever? Was the sturt coach not there? Bit gutless if he couldnt stay to congratulate old Club beat his new club, especially when he is mates with a lot of them. Unless he was at other games to watch premierships? Still poor to not stay supporting his young team all the way. Maybe he left because he didnt agree with all the players wanting to bat again?

TF, no he was there till end and went into TTG rooms after and congratulated the team. I am referring to being 210 behind with 52 overs left in game and making the game go on, half the crowd left at the delayed lunch break, most of them shaking their heads and going WTF. With the ability to put 9 on the boundary and bowl 2 ft outside leg or off it was 1 hour of rubbish that was not necessary when both clubs had two other teams to go and support. Mick W is the passionate cricket person, with huge knowledge of the game, every club would be much better off with a person of his caliber there.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby The Hound » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Footy Smart wrote:

groin I think they said.

I am sure all the TTG faithful were buying Gatt$ his beers as he is unable to be paid while in Oz :shock: ;)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:55 pm

The Hound wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

groin I think they said.

I am sure all the TTG faithful were buying Gatt$ his beers as he is unable to be paid while in Oz :shock: ;)

he certainly appeared to be adequately hydrated over the course of the celebrations :partyman:
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:56 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

groin I think they said.

he certainly appeared to be adequately hydrated over the course of the celebrations :partyman:

$2 a beer, cant go wrong. He found some lose change from the car glove box to fund the evening :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:06 pm

The Hound wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

groin I think they said.

TH, after what he did to save us the previous week not sure he will ever have to buy another coke No Sugar at our club ever again. Apparently E14 wanted him charged with trying to change the condition of the ball because he kept on hitting it onto the roads surrounding Perti.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

groin I think they said.

TH, after what he did to save us the previous week not sure he will ever have to buy another coke No Sugar at our club ever again. Apparently E14 wanted him charged with trying to change the condition of the ball because he kept on hitting it onto the roads surrounding Perti.

Glad you missed me FS, so busy with football now, did not realize cricket was still going!

Had to look back at when West Torrens became Triple Premiers last year, took Bulls Forever till May 17 to post something and Footy Smart till May 25, not even a congrats or a well done, really went missing. Oh well.

Congratulations to TTG, to win two of the three Premierships this year is a fantastic effort.

Just goes to show you need an outstanding team to win all three in a season, I don't think we will ever see that happen again in Grade cricket!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Glad you missed me FS, so busy with football now, did not realize cricket was still going!

Had to look back at when West Torrens became Triple Premiers last year, took Bulls Forever till May 17 to post something and Footy Smart till May 25, not even a congrats or a well done, really went missing. Oh well.

Congratulations to TTG, to win two of the three Premierships this year is a fantastic effort.

Just goes to show you need an outstanding team to win all three in a season, I don't think we will ever see that happen again in Grade cricket!

=))
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby The Hound » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:09 pm

I am sure all the TTG faithful were buying Gatt$ his beers as he is unable to be paid while in Oz :shock: ;)[/quote]

he certainly appeared to be adequately hydrated over the course of the celebrations :partyman:[/quote]

$2 a beer, cant go wrong. He found some lose change from the car glove box to fund the evening :D[/quote]

And a brown paper bag :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Andrew Staunton back as A Grade coach at Southerns. Mansale heading back to Vanuatu
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Andrew Staunton back as A Grade coach at Southerns. Mansale heading back to Vanuatu

They obviously just had to advertise as per their constitution :roll: . They had him lined up beforehand.
The Hound
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:33 pm

The Hound wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Andrew Staunton back as A Grade coach at Southerns. Mansale heading back to Vanuatu

They obviously just had to advertise as per their constitution :roll: . They had him lined up beforehand.

Why wouldn't they? He's a great coach and won a premiership last time he was in the role. I wonder if he'll play again? Still quite fit and they lack bowling options since he, Barrett and Joraslofsky stopped playing.

Presumably they'll still be looking for someone to look after the lower grades. Some experienced guys around the place still - Ifould, Riley, Heywood. A few good internal options at the very least. The juniors seem to have been a bit stronger the last few years too so must have some decent kids coming through. Might be a good time to step in.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Bulls forever » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Now the season is done its time to reflect.

Pet hate - I know we do it better than most at Perti with T20 games and looking after both teams players. What I really hate is the expectation our players will leave work at 3.30 say, travel to the ground, play a 3 hour game of cricket, walk off the ground and they can't even get a snag and bread at the ground. IMO the clubs that can't be bothered should not be able to host games. I know at Perti we have a great footy club that comes and supports us, buys beers and for the club it turns into a good night, but we have worked bloody hard to establish that.

Pet hate 2 - posters getting on here and bagging players for either no apparent reason or for something that happened a millennium ago. Move on, just remember at some stage we r going to have to forgive the current crop of Aussies, personally I have already moved on and await the penalty they get for being so stupid.

Deserve recognition. -
Kensington for borrowing our covers for C grade granny to ensure fairness, yes they have been returned.
Jones WT president who has already contacted our club in writing congratulating us on 2 premierships, with the "cliche" on GCC this is most unusual.
Page, Atkinson and Gatting who without their significant contributions it is unlikely our Fab5 would be celebrating this week.

TH - barking up the wrong tree (funny) mate, to quote "you can't handle the truth" - Jack N.
E14 - gee you did some research to provide that data and the answer is unlikely, but possible. As you have found out this year, you need talent, sound admin, good coaching and a reasonable amount of luck. The shorter the length of the game the more luck needed. Have checked and there were no posts from you about the other 10 premierships our Fab5 have won - touché.

Anyway go Modbury and Crows, keep us up to date on player movements, no doubt all will flock to Perti given Sleepy Has spoken to them all, and that is probably true.

PS - an unnamed club have offered Sleepy $30k to coach.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:55 am

Bulls forever wrote:Now the season is done its time to reflect.

Pet hate - I know we do it better than most at Perti with T20 games and looking after both teams players. What I really hate is the expectation our players will leave work at 3.30 say, travel to the ground, play a 3 hour game of cricket, walk off the ground and they can't even get a snag and bread at the ground. IMO the clubs that can't be bothered should not be able to host games. I know at Perti we have a great footy club that comes and supports us, buys beers and for the club it turns into a good night, but we have worked bloody hard to establish that.

Pet hate 2 - posters getting on here and bagging players for either no apparent reason or for something that happened a millennium ago. Move on, just remember at some stage we r going to have to forgive the current crop of Aussies, personally I have already moved on and await the penalty they get for being so stupid.

Deserve recognition. -
Kensington for borrowing our covers for C grade granny to ensure fairness, yes they have been returned.
Jones WT president who has already contacted our club in writing congratulating us on 2 premierships, with the "cliche" on GCC this is most unusual.
Page, Atkinson and Gatting who without their significant contributions it is unlikely our Fab5 would be celebrating this week.

TH - barking up the wrong tree (funny) mate, to quote "you can't handle the truth" - Jack N.
E14 - gee you did some research to provide that data and the answer is unlikely, but possible. As you have found out this year, you need talent, sound admin, good coaching and a reasonable amount of luck. The shorter the length of the game the more luck needed. Have checked and there were no posts from you about the other 10 premierships our Fab5 have won - touché.

Anyway go Modbury and Crows, keep us up to date on player movements, no doubt all will flock to Perti given Sleepy Has spoken to them all, and that is probably true.

We all know the club....... I spoke with a player from that club last week who told me he had been approached.

30k for a huuuuuge amount of work!
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby The Hound » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 am

Glad you can take my comments as a bit of fun BF, they are just to stir the pot on that subject :lol:

The unnamed club will have nothing to do with the sea would they?
The Hound
Reserves

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:01 am

The Hound wrote:TH - barking up the wrong tree (funny) mate, to quote "you can't handle the truth" - Jack N.

Glad you can take my comments as a bit of fun BF, they are just to stir the pot on that subject :lol:

The unnamed club will have nothing to do with the sea would they?

couldn't be further from the sea mate ;)
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:19 am

Deserve recognition. -

Last comment on Gatting as you just don't get it. The posts over last couple of pages by TTG people like you and Footy Smart and Angry Bull, just basically joking and laughing about what he did is really not on.

What this Aussie mess should show you is how much Australians hate cheating. Smith, Warner and Bancroft will never be forgiven for what they did by the majority, and the same goes for Gatting by the other 11 Grade Clubs. To take out Sandpaper like they all did is premeditated cheating. Should never have been allowed to play here again.

I don't really care that he is supposedly a nice bloke, or he is friends with your kids, totally irrelevant. The guy is a CHEAT!! A tainted Premiership as you never would have won the Semi without him. Hope he is not let back in the country next season, or he can follow Sleepy back to his old Club!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:40 am

Eagles2014 wrote:

Deserve recognition. -

Last comment on Gatting as you just don't get it. The posts over last couple of pages by TTG people like you and Footy Smart and Angry Bull, just basically joking and laughing about what he did is really not on.

What this Aussie mess should show you is how much Australians hate cheating. Smith, Warner and Bancroft will never be forgiven for what they did by the majority, and the same goes for Gatting by the other 11 Grade Clubs. To take out Sandpaper like they all did is premeditated cheating. Should never have been allowed to play here again.

I don't really care that he is supposedly a nice bloke, or he is friends with your kids, totally irrelevant. The guy is a CHEAT!! A tainted Premiership as you never would have won the Semi without him. Hope he is not let back in the country next season, or he can follow Sleepy back to his old Club!

What was his suspension for 'cheating'?
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:46 am

Any outs at this stage for next season?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times