INS and OUTS for 2019

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby northerner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 am

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Jim surely Norwood havent run out of brown paper bags

The club has never had any brown paper bags. If sponsors or wealthy members want to donate a gift however.........
[emoji3]

No need, he came to us

The standards and expectations of some huh? Glenn sacked by a country club for an unsavoury incident yet an SANFL league Club is happy to take him on just 2 weeks later.... I would think some lad who worked hard all pre-season wont be happy to lose his spot.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:59 am

Anyone care to elaborate on the “unsavoury incident” that occurred at the club in the country?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Spargo wrote:Anyone care to elaborate on the “unsavoury incident” that occurred at the club in the country?

He belted the living suitcases out of a bloke at a Gawler pub
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Anyone care to elaborate on the “unsavoury incident” that occurred at the club in the country?

He “allegedly” belted the living suitcases out of a bloke at a Gawler pub

EFA
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby JK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 pm

northerner wrote:
JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Jim surely Norwood havent run out of brown paper bags

The club has never had any brown paper bags. If sponsors or wealthy members want to donate a gift however.........
[emoji3]

No need, he came to us

The standards and expectations of some huh? Glenn sacked by a country club for an unsavoury incident yet an SANFL league Club is happy to take him on just 2 weeks later.... I would think some lad who worked hard all pre-season wont be happy to lose his spot.

Don't know the details of the incident that took place mate, and you might be right, some player(s) could get annoyed by his inclusion (same with every recruit I guess). On the flipside, some players might be stoked to bring in a proven performer? Not close enough to the playing group to say either way.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby northerner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:31 pm

JK wrote:
northerner wrote:

Don't know the details of the incident that took place mate, and you might be right, some player(s) could get annoyed by his inclusion (same with every recruit I guess). On the flipside, some players might be stoked to bring in a proven performer? Not close enough to the playing group to say either way.

"Proven performer" is a loose term.
Parted ways at Centrals as an underage for a year over an issue (Club decision).
Parted ways with Centrals (after falling out with an assistant coach) the second time just days before being drafted to Gold Coast in Nov 2014.
Parted ways with Gold Coast halfway through the 2015 season (His decision).
One season at Willaston in 2016.
Parted ways with Central after his third stint at Club; reason unknown.
Parted ways with Willaston before the Season starts (Club decision).

The only "proof" I see there is that Norwood are taking on somebody who is unlikely to be around for any length of time.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby JK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:41 pm

"Proven performer" was more intended in relation to his ability. If he has issues but they're no longer going to impact on your club, then I'd have thought you'd be happy at him becoming someone else's problem?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:11 pm

JK wrote:"Proven performer" was more intended in relation to his ability. If he has issues but they're no longer going to impact on your club, then I'd have thought you'd be happy at him becoming someone else's problem?

I'm trying to keep out of this conversation.

However, the one thing I will say is that the annoyance stems from disappointment at the opportunities afforded to Josh. It also stems from the fact that many of us wish we had half the talent he does and the opportunities he's had.
Football can give you so much if you choose to embrace it. To paraphrase - a beautiful talent is a shame to waste.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby JK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Totally agree with all of that mate .. Was actually happy for your club and the comp in general when he landed back at the Dogs. Naturally I hope he or anyone playing at my club goes OK, but would have hoped the same wherever he lobbed because he oozes ability in full flight.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby GMcG » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am

Jim05 wrote:

He belted the living suitcases out of a bloke at a Gawler pub

ALLEGEDLY king hit a RAAF bloke at the Exchange Hotel in Gawler, they are a major sponsor of Willaston footy club.
Centrals still has to clear him to Norwood & I'm sure the fee won't be cheap.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:50 am

GMcG wrote:ALLEGEDLY king hit a RAAF bloke at the Exchange Hotel in Gawler, they are a major sponsor of Willaston footy club.

Sounds like someone kicked in a Hornet's nest. Would never have got a game at the Bombers. Interesting to see how his career at the Redlegs takes off.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 am

Magellan wrote:
GMcG wrote:ALLEGEDLY king hit a RAAF bloke at the Exchange Hotel in Gawler, they are a major sponsor of Willaston footy club.

Sounds like someone kicked in a Hornet's nest. Would never have got a game at the Bombers. Interesting to see how his career at the Redlegs takes off.

He is a force when in full flight though, although he does need some grounding in self-discipline.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:48 am

bulldogproud wrote:
Magellan wrote:

He is a force when in full flight though, although he does need some grounding in self-discipline.

Yes, he has a very turbulent background.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm

There is a possibility that near on half of Glenelg’s side on Good Friday could be club debutants.
Amato, Motlop, Vea Vea, White, Wanganeen, Uebergang, Reynolds, Feely, Corcoran.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Spargo wrote:There is a possibility that near on half of Glenelg’s side on Good Friday could be club debutants.

No baggage, good for them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Spargo wrote:There is a possibility that near on half of Glenelg’s side on Good Friday could be club debutants.

Excellent pick-up, should be first cab off the rank. A fare player who can navigate congested packs. Definitely not a passenger.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Magellan wrote:

Excellent pick-up, should be first cab off the rank. A fare player who can navigate congested packs. Definitely not a passenger.

Do you think he will have the support of the finks or the rebels?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby wild dog » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
JK wrote:"Proven performer" was more intended in relation to his ability. If he has issues but they're no longer going to impact on your club, then I'd have thought you'd be happy at him becoming someone else's problem?

I'm trying to keep out of this conversation.

However, the one thing I will say is that the annoyance stems from disappointment at the opportunities afforded to Josh. It also stems from the fact that many of us wish we had half the talent he does and the opportunities he's had.
Football can give you so much if you choose to embrace it. To paraphrase - a beautiful talent is a shame to waste.

Yes well said. I am very disappointed that he decided not to play for us this year, just when it seemed Roy had managed to keep him engaged within a disciplined culture.

Onto his playing ability, the number 5 fitted him perfectly. The early games last year he had an over aggressive - which I sometimes took as mentally lazy (contradicting I know) - attack on the ball, which resulted in easy turnovers. By the end of the year though, he was up there with Holman in his impact, a SANFL gun who would not have surprised me this year if he had gone on to win a Magarey and another stint at the AFL if he wished.

I hope whatever has happened is a wake up and that he settles down; he has a stark choice to make. My instinct is that being offered an easy hand up by an enthusiastic and opportunistic party is not the way to go, but is the alternative to sit out a year and wallow any better.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Groucho » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:26 pm

I'm never happy seeing our players playing at another S.A.N.F.L. club (see what I did there).

Centrals seem to have a very poor record of players drafted by the two SA teams returning from the Offal (AFL) (see what I did there).
e.g.
Alan Obst NA
Tim Cook NA
Eddie Hocking WA
Shane Tongerie SA
Marty McKinnon Nwd
Anthony Ingerson Traded to Melbourne
Jack Osborn St
Josh Coulter NA
Troy Menzel BL & G
Sam Colquhoun St
Mark Conway St
Jonathan Giles St
Jarrod Cotton Nwd
Numerous players drafted interstate never returned.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby GMcG » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Groucho wrote:

I'm never happy seeing our players playing at another S.A.N.F.L. club (see what I did there).

Centrals seem to have a very poor record of players drafted by the two SA teams returning from the Offal (AFL) (see what I did there).
e.g.
Alan Obst NA
Tim Cook NA
Eddie Hocking WA
Shane Tongerie SA
Marty McKinnon Nwd
Anthony Ingerson Traded to Melbourne
Jack Osborn St
Josh Coulter NA
Troy Menzel BL & G
Sam Colquhoun St
Mark Conway St
Jonathan Giles St
Jarrod Cotton Nwd
Numerous players drafted interstate never returned.

at least Schelly hung around!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL