40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby retiredhack » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:00 am

How did the Flinders Uni boys go against Towns on Saturday?
retiredhack
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby footyfan82 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:44 am

morell wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
good bump wrote:Sean bayzand in clearances to marion. Execellent player way too good for div 7. Great pick up by them

That’s a bit sad for Mitchell Park. They have let him train there while he chased big $$$$ over the years. He must be on serious coin or he wouldn’t go. He will be a very very good player for them, or he has a coaching role of some sort. Fantastic guy.
All about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Such is modern footy, even at this level.
Yeah. Sean bayzand is a great player and even better bloke, we have done well recuiting him. He was out training with us last pre season for abit before going back to the country. Not big dollars either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:41 am

retiredhack wrote:How did the Flinders Uni boys go against Towns on Saturday?

Lost by a couple of goals after leading by 5 at 3/4 time.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 pm

footyfan82 wrote:
morell wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
good bump wrote:Sean bayzand in clearances to marion. Execellent player way too good for div 7. Great pick up by them

That’s a bit sad for Mitchell Park. They have let him train there while he chased big $$$$ over the years. He must be on serious coin or he wouldn’t go. He will be a very very good player for them, or he has a coaching role of some sort. Fantastic guy.

Yeah. Sean bayzand is a great player and even better bloke, we have done well recuiting him. He was out training with us last pre season for abit before going back to the country. Not big dollars either.

jlawohyeahsure.gif

But in all seriousness, I think what Marion think isn't big dollars and what the rest of division 7 think isn't big dollars are two different things.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby footyfan82 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:55 pm

morell wrote:
footyfan82 wrote:
morell wrote:
Yank Man wrote:[quote="good bump"]Sean bayzand in clearances to marion. Execellent player way too good for div 7. Great pick up by them

jlawohyeahsure.gif

But in all seriousness, I think what Marion think isn't big dollars and what the rest of division 7 think isn't big dollars are two different things.[/quote]What big money? $50 a game? $100 a game. Its an unfortunate part of modern football. Even in div 7.

footyfan82

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm

footyfan82 wrote:What big money? $50 a game? $100 a game. Its an unfortunate part of modern football. Even in div 7.

$100 a game i'd consider big money for D7.

However it is becoming more and more a part of modern football as you said, and the unfortunate reality is that unless clubs pay something to guys, it's hard to get recruits to the club, which makes it harder to get out of the lower divs, which makes everything harder.

The downside also is the higher you go, the more it costs if you want to keep up with the Jones's.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
footyfan82 wrote:What big money? $50 a game? $100 a game. Its an unfortunate part of modern football. Even in div 7.

However it is becoming more and more a part of modern football as you said, and the unfortunate reality is that unless clubs pay something to guys, it's hard to get recruits to the club, which makes it harder to get out of the lower divs, which makes everything harder.

The downside also is the higher you go, the more it costs if you want to keep up with the Jones's.

Are sides really paying players in Div7?
Wow - I guess we will have a tough year ahead. Guarantee none of our C grade players get anything to play.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby morell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:13 pm

TEX07 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Are sides really paying players in Div7?
Wow - I guess we will have a tough year ahead. Guarantee none of our C grade players get anything to play.

Was one of the reasons I really enjoyed playing at this level. Limited player payments and a more social and relaxed atmosphere.

It's long gone, sadly.

We're paying one player $50/wk because he has to travel. That's it. In total.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 pm

morell wrote:
TEX07 wrote:Are sides really paying players in Div7?

Was one of the reasons I really enjoyed playing at this level. Limited player payments and a more social and relaxed atmosphere.

It's long gone, sadly.

I did suggest this a few years ago.
The salary cap has simply seen a redistribution of the market.

Instead of 18 mercenaries in Div 1 and 2, we now see fewer at the top and more of them dropping lower in search of coin as the top spenders can no longer pay their 15th-18th players and stay under the cap.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby marbles » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:40 pm

all 70 or whatever clubs have identical business templates though...

theyre all glorified little sheds next to an oval serving beers, meals and footy to locals, they all have the same revenue inputs and all are burdened by the same expenses no matter what division theyre in, ie: electricity, utilites etc

if i was a div 7 club wanting to grow fast id be paying big $$$ for a retiring SANFL player to "coach" because the sheer pedigree of these footballers bring adoring footballers to watch and listen in awe of the guy. plus he brings many mates

its funny when a big sanfl/afl name comes to an amateur club, that club rapidly wins a flag
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 pm

You have an intelligent mode? ;) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Saw the Marion boys at the pool last night. Solid numbers, all looked young )by div 7 standards) and very fit.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby morell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:14 pm

marbles wrote:all 70 or whatever clubs have identical business templates though...

theyre all glorified little sheds next to an oval serving beers, meals and footy to locals, they all have the same revenue inputs and all are burdened by the same expenses no matter what division theyre in, ie: electricity, utilites etc

if i was a div 7 club wanting to grow fast id be paying big $$$ for a retiring SANFL player to "coach" because the sheer pedigree of these footballers bring adoring footballers to watch and listen in awe of the guy. plus he brings many mates

its funny when a big sanfl/afl name comes to an amateur club, that club rapidly wins a flag

Can we borrow Henley's Credit Card for this please? What would a person of that repute cost? 20k? 30k? Then add in a "D7 Shame" tax might as well make it 40k. Meanwhile we're struggling to pay for new drink bottles.

Never ceases to amaze me how people involved in clubs at a higher level think lower division clubs don't already know the solutions that they're championing. It's not that we don't know them, it's that we are (more often than not) hamstrung by a myriad of things which prevent their implementation.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:45 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:all 70 or whatever clubs have identical business templates though...

Can we borrow Henley's Credit Card for this please? What would a person of that repute cost? 20k? 30k? Then add in a "D7 Shame" tax might as well make it 40k. Meanwhile we're struggling to pay for new drink bottles.

Never ceases to amaze me how people involved in clubs at a higher level think lower division clubs don't already know the solutions that they're championing. It's not that we don't know them, it's that we are (more often than not) hamstrung by a myriad of things which prevent their implementation.

such as committee members who live still live in last century and refuse to pay anyone anything for their skilled contributions... id call that stealing lol

# we only pay our players "big mac vouchers" but it everyone elses fault that we're sh#t
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 am

Social media in particular SA Footy is part of the problem. The Div 6 and Div 7 forums are already up to 40 pages for 2018 and the season is still 10 days away. When I played Ammos it was exactly that - amateur. Although back in the late 80's some of the Div 1 and Div 2 clubs were clearly buying brown paper bags for more than the mixed lollies in the canteen. In those days, other than the scores in the Sunday Mail with best and goals for the A grades only, the only other vehicle for ones name getting a mention was a small write up in the Footy Times each week. But the passion showed by the likes of Bedge, Morell etc. on SA Footy and the constant reference to some of the better players running around in these divisions only serves to inflate the ego and perceived value of blokes who would struggle to get a regular A grade game at many clubs or at least command no more than the base rate for an A grade game. I don't know what the solution is because the clubs in the weakest country leagues are probably paying players similar to the stronger country leagues which equates much the same to paying players whether you are Div 1 or Div 7. But it's rather sad how clubs are forced to survive these days when they were originally established to provide a recreational outlet with organised competition for their local communities, with absolutely no intention of one day having to pay people to participate.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby footyfan82 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:07 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Saw the Marion boys at the pool last night. Solid numbers, all looked young )by div 7 standards) and very fit.
Yeah. We have done well this year with recuiting, think we lost 1 player from last years list. And add alot of young talent as well as older, experienced player to the team this year. Picked up last years A grade b&f winner from flinders uni. Just rocked up looking for a game.
Just wish they all came at the start of the year, would have got a c grade together.

footyfan82

Postby scottroo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:19 am

Who did win the flinders uni b and f last year?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:42 am

Down the Hill wrote:Social media in particular SA Footy is part of the problem. The Div 6 and Div 7 forums are already up to 40 pages for 2018 and the season is still 10 days away. When I played Ammos it was exactly that - amateur. Although back in the late 80's some of the Div 1 and Div 2 clubs were clearly buying brown paper bags for more than the mixed lollies in the canteen. In those days, other than the scores in the Sunday Mail with best and goals for the A grades only, the only other vehicle for ones name getting a mention was a small write up in the Footy Times each week. But the passion showed by the likes of Bedge, Morell etc. on SA Footy and the constant reference to some of the better players running around in these divisions only serves to inflate the ego and perceived value of blokes who would struggle to get a regular A grade game at many clubs or at least command no more than the base rate for an A grade game. I don't know what the solution is because the clubs in the weakest country leagues are probably paying players similar to the stronger country leagues which equates much the same to paying players whether you are Div 1 or Div 7. But it's rather sad how clubs are forced to survive these days when they were originally established to provide a recreational outlet with organised competition for their local communities, with absolutely no intention of one day having to pay people to participate.

How do these clubs get into the higher divisions then?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 am

Issue this year is you have a couple of clubs who have been spending $20-$30k pa trying to compete in the SFL against clubs whose budgets are triple that. Suddenly they are in Div 7 where paying players is minimal, even if they are now paying half of 2017 budget they will be miles ahead of their competition in 2018.

Promotion/Relegation will sort this out eventually.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby footyfan82 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 am

scottroo wrote:Who did win the flinders uni b and f last year?
Brayden reeves

footyfan82

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League