Australian Tour of South Africa

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:22 am

northerner wrote:Woke up to watch Sutherlands initial response at 3 45am.
Prior knowledge was limited to just 3 players... Smith Warner and Bancroft. Sanctions have not been handed down but will be significant. These will be finalised very soon. All 3 players to be sent home tomorrow.
Maxwell and Burns to join Renshaw in SA.
Boof had no prior knowledge and will continue to coach the side.
Tim Paine to continue as Captain.
The teams culture will be addressed.

I think the Australian public are looking for tougher sanctions than sending 3 blokes home. Boof certainly looked complicit in the video footage, which is all there is. Looking forward to those sanctions being announced. Smacks of a cover up job.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 am

Corona Man wrote:
Prior knowledge was limited to just 3 players... Smith Warner and Bancroft. Sanctions have not been handed down but will be significant. These will be finalised very soon. All 3 players to be sent home tomorrow.

I think the Australian public are looking for tougher sanctions than sending 3 blokes home. Boof certainly looked complicit in the video footage, which is all there is. Looking forward to those sanctions being announced. Smacks of a cover up job.

No way it does, CA has done everything right here, sent the 3 main stakeholders home immediately while they dig deeper into it.

Boof may be a bit loose and a bit of a larrikin but there is no way he'd let 3 blokes under his wings take responsibility for something he was part of.

I'd rather CA do a full investigation and hand out sanctions after their findings than to have knee jerk reactions to satisfy the public momentarily on a whim.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

No way it does, CA has done everything right here, sent the 3 main stakeholders home immediately while they dig deeper into it.

Boof may be a bit loose and a bit of a larrikin but there is no way he'd let 3 blokes under his wings take responsibility for something he was part of.

I'd rather CA do a full investigation and hand out sanctions after their findings than to have knee jerk reactions to satisfy the public momentarily on a whim.

I just hope you are right LM.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby locky801 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:42 am

Corona Man wrote:

Boof certainly looked complicit in the video footage, which is all there is.

I know we will never probably find out but would love to know what he was saying to Handscombe
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 am

An update from James Sutherland

Dear Australian Cricket Fans,

I would like to provide you with a further update on the situation with the Australian Men’s Cricket Team. We appreciate the concern you have regarding this situation and we wanted to ensure that you received this news directly from us.

I have recently concluded a meeting with the Cricket Australia Board in which we discussed the findings to date of the investigation into the incident in Cape Town. The initial outcomes and actions are as follows: •Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft have been officially reported for breaching Cricket Australia’s Code of Conduct and will depart the squad immediately.
•The preliminary findings have confirmed that prior knowledge of the incident in Cape Town was confined to only the three players reported.
•Sanctions are expected to be announced within the next 24 hours.
•Tim Paine has been endorsed as Captain of the Australian Men’s Test Team.
•Matthew Renshaw, Glenn Maxwell and Joe Burns will fly to Johannesburg today to join the squad for the Fourth Test against South Africa.
In addition to sanctions for the individuals involved, Cricket Australia will initiate an independent review into the conduct and culture of our Australian men’s teams. The review will be an important step in rebuilding and restoring your pride in our Men’s teams.

Our teams have a responsibility as role models to ensure they uphold the values Australians expect, and to inspire us through the way they play.

Further, the health and welfare of our players and other staff is of the utmost priority. The Team Psychologist is with the team and providing support, while a number of players and staff have family and friends with them in South Africa.

The last few days have provided the strongest of indications of the passion Australians have for cricket and the Australian Men’s Team. Fans have provided a consistent voice regarding their expectations and we have been listening. We greatly value the feedback we receive from the Australian Cricket Family and will take the necessary steps to address your concerns.

James Sutherland
Chief Executive Officer - Cricket Australia
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:55 am

Sutherland said it well #5stars

and whohoo! we wont have to listen to davey warner for ++years, this is actually a great thing for australian cricket lol
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby beef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 am

marbles wrote:Sutherland said it well #5stars

and whohoo! we wont have to listen to davey warner for ++years, this is actually a great thing for australian cricket lol

And Warner won't give a shit because he will earn 10 X more travelling the world playing T20. As far as i'm concerned he is 100% behind this and the current culture in the Australian team. #1 flog in Australia (ahead of Kyrigios, mundine & tomic) will probably be on im a celebrity get me out of here in a year or two. Lehmann is one shit coach if he had no knowledge of this.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 am

Wedgie wrote:Is anyone else actually enjoying the drama?
It's the first time in decades I've actually wanted to read articles about cricket.

Yep ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby northerner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:17 am

I think we all agree with that... just a shame he brought down a couple of others with him. Collateral damage.

Interesting to hear that smith is described as being distraught bu Sutherland whilst nothing re Warner ... adding to craddock who says Warner was partying with non cricket friends whilst smith is inconsolable... i hope Smith gets help through this period.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 am

Sutherland and CA have handled this situation extremely well and professionally so far.

Having being in SAF for 24 hours they were never going to be investigate and hand down the full punishment at that point.

They have jumped in and cleared up that the 3 will miss the next test as investigations etc continue, which will ease the situation slightly and allow the team to start focusing on the next test

Think the signs are the punishment to the 3 involved will be reasonable stern
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:23 am

northerner wrote:

I think we all agree with that... just a shame he brought down a couple of others with him. Collateral damage.

Interesting to hear that smith is described as being distraught bu Sutherland whilst nothing re Warner ... adding to craddock who says Warner was partying with non cricket friends whilst smith is inconsolable... i hope Smith gets help through this period.

yep requiring some kind of suspension but the length of it could be quite dangerous for the individual (such as Beyond Blue considerations)

any longer than a year theyll be lost to the game and a guy like steve smith could be devastating for ones future as a human being lol

but warner can piss off who cares. it would have to be smiths idea cos if it wasnt as if warner could approach him with it and smith agree to it

who was the last australian bloke to be suspend for a long period? shane warne?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:55 am

Worst part about that is that channel 9 will love it and have Davey in the box dribbling his dumbass shit making the rest of Aussies sound like slack-jawed Texans.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Worst part about that is that channel 9 will love it and have Davey in the box dribbling his dumbass shit making the rest of Aussies sound like slack-jawed Texans.

We will not see or hear of Dave Warner in Australian cricket ever again unless local media report how he is going in the Pakistan T20 comp
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:02 am

MW wrote:
We will not see or hear of Dave Warner in Australian cricket ever again unless local media report how he is going in the Pakistan T20 comp

I beg to differ, the media loves to get controversial figures in the commentary box whether they are liked or not.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

I beg to differ, the media loves to get controversial figures in the commentary box whether they are liked or not.

He will get a 12 month ban and be back as soon as his form warrants it. He puts a lot of bums on seats and that’s really all that matters for CA
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

Agree with you LM they do like to do that, however the only saving grace is that these controversial figures they do get him have a certain level of, how can I put this, a certain level of not being as dumb as a fricken fence.
KP is a good example of this, controversial but genuinely well spoken, even if its 98% shit.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby northerner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

AND the same station will pay milliins for a 60 minute exclusive... we are a society that continues to reward those who dont deserve it.
northerner
Reserves

Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Spargo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:33 am

We haven’t heard even close to the full story here yet.
There’s got to be more to this and more people involved.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 am

I'm looking forward to the 4th test. The South African cameramen can now get back to what they do best......finding attractive women in the crowd.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Been liked: 532 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:52 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:

He will get a 12 month ban and be back as soon as his form warrants it. He puts a lot of bums on seats and that’s really all that matters for CA

Disagree.

KP put bums on seats but his team mates in the end couldn't stand him, hence why he was never selected again.

Same re Warner now if reports are to be believed how he tried to frag others into this

He will not play for Australia again.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket