AFLW - Womens AFL

Talk on the national game

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:13 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:It might be low scoring but you can't deny their effort, I watched the 2nd half and every girl out there were giving 100%

Mate I’ve seen better skills in C6 Ammos

That's cause half the league is full of ex A Graders long in the tooth
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby carey » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Are there any straight woman at all in the AFLW?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:10 pm

carey wrote:Are there any straight woman at all in the AFLW?

What does that matter?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Brodlach wrote:

What does that matter?

Just interested. AFLW awards were televised I couldn’t believe how many same sex couple there were
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Magellan wrote:Looks like Pandora's coming out of her box.

Brennan lodges complaint with Australian Human Rights Commission over ban

Katie Brennan will miss the AFLW grand final after deciding against taking her two-game suspension to Federal Court, but the Western Bulldogs captain has filed proceedings with the Australian Human Rights Commission in a bid to overturn her ban for the 2019 season and also amend the differences between AFL and AFLW regulations.

After unsuccessfully contesting Brennan’s one-game suspension at the tribunal on Tuesday night and failing to overturn what then became a two-game ban on appeal on Thursday, Bulldogs president Peter Gordon didn’t rule out the possibility of taking the matter to the Federal Court on Friday.

“Obviously it’s a terribly disappointing decision for Katie, for her teammates, and for the whole club really, and we will consider our position,” Gordon said on Thursday.

But after Brennan’s legal team served draft documents on the AFL for a Federal Court challenge to her suspension, she eventually decided that taking the matter to the Federal Court would be detrimental to her side’s preparation for the premiership decider against the Brisbane Lions at Princes Park.

However, one of the key grounds of the appeal on Thursday was to “fight the injustice and inequality to women which afflicts the AFL rules” given a male player wouldn’t have been suspended for executing the same kind of sling tackle that Brennan applied to Melbourne’s Harriet Cordner.

By going to the AHRC, Brennan hopes that in future, other women players are not more likely to be suspended than men for identical conduct with identical disciplinary records.

“I believe my tackle on Harriet Cordner was reasonable and I strongly disagree with the guilty finding,” Brennan said.

“It is even more troubling to know that if I was a man playing in the AFL and was reported for the identical tackle, I would not have been suspended and I would be playing in a grand final tomorrow.

“The fight for gender equality is as every bit as important to me as the grand final and the decisions I have made reflect both of those priorities.”

Bulldogs chief executive Ameet Bains said the club was “immensely of proud” Brennan and would “stand by her”.

“Our team will be doing its best to re-pay her faith in them tomorrow,” Bains said.

“We share Katie’s view that her suspension was wrong and we will fully support her challenging the AFL rules on the basis of gender discrimination.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/brennan-lodges-complaint-with-australian-human-rights-commission-over-ban-20180323-p4z5u3.html

Are suspended AFL male players allowed to attend the Brownlow?

#sexist
carey
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:16 am

Daisy Pearce was named vice-captain of the team of the year. @carey

what a champion superstar :D :lol:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby JK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:34 am

Bit cringey some of the artificially inserted crowd noises during the highlights packages last night.

I don't have much interest in watching the women's footy, but good luck to them, it's obviously a big hit among the girls
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:27 am

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

What does that matter?

Just interested. AFLW awards were televised I couldn’t believe how many same sex couple there were

Same sex couples.
Being politically correct there mate.

We are still allowed to call them Lesbians aren’t we? ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:
carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

What does that matter?

Same sex couples.

What if they're bi, but in a lesbian relationship?

Hold on, let me Google image search it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:02 am

HH3 wrote:

Wife "How do you view same sex lesbian relationships?"

Me "Preferably in HD"
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Wife "How do you view same sex lesbian relationships?"

Me "Preferably in HD"

Alone, in the dark, with a shitload of tissues handy.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mickey » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:07 pm

HH3 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:[quote="carey"]Are there any straight woman at all in the AFLW?

What does that matter?

Same sex couples.

Hold on, let me Google image search it.[/quote]There are usually 2 types of lesbians.....

The 1s you see in movies and the 1s you see in real life

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:20 pm

I have been a lesbian since birth. I am comfortable with it.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:41 pm

the aftermatch showers would be a dangerous place if your a heterosexual woman :?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby MW » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Jesus...it's not the first time gays have assimilated with society and hetros aren't exactly getting raped out there by them!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:44 pm

marbles wrote:the aftermatch showers would be a dangerous place if your a heterosexual woman :?

But a reasonable spectator sport.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby stan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Few guys might need some cold showers the way this is heading. Ease up fellas.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Adelaide appoint Mathew Clarke as their AFLW coach.

The Adelaide Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Matthew Clarke as Senior Coach of its AFL Women’s team.

Currently an Assistant Coach with the Club’s AFL side, Clarke brings significant coaching and playing experience to the role.

Recognised as one of the best tap ruckmen of his time, Clarke’s AFL career spanned four clubs and a total of 258 games between 1993 and 2007. He represented the Crows in 118 games and four finals series.

After finishing his playing career, coaching came as a natural evolution for Clarke and he has served as the Crows’ AFL Assistant Coach – Ruck since 2008.

The 44-year-old, who is also a qualified veterinarian, will be responsible for all facets of coaching, player development, leadership and strategic planning for the Club’s AFLW program.

Crows Head of Football Brett Burton said the Club was confident Clarke would excel in the role.

“Matt has been a part of the coaching team at the Crows for the past 10 years and has a strong understanding of our AFLW program as well as what we stand for across the Club more broadly,” Burton said.

“While his football experience is obviously impressive, Matt also has a brilliant strategic mind and brings a strong focus on personal development and culture which is important.

“As a Club, we went through a thorough process to get the best person for this role and Matt brings a wealth of experience and qualities which we feel will strengthen our women’s program.

“We are confident that under his tutelage the women and girls involved with our Club will continue to progress and excel both on and off the field.”

Clarke said he was thrilled to be appointed to the role and to continue his football career with the Crows.

“It’s an honour to be appointed as Senior Coach of the Crows AFLW team,” Clarke said.

“During the past two years I’ve watched the formation of our team and admired the commitment and passion they have demonstrated. To now be fully involved in the program is something I’m very much looking forward to.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity and excited about what our Club can achieve in season three of the competition by building on the strong program that has already been established.”

Clarke will commence in the role immediately with the sign and trade period for AFLW clubs starting today, Wednesday, May 23 and running until Monday, June 4.

He will have a dual role, continuing as Ruck Coach for the Club’s AFL team during the AFLW off-season.

The Crows AFLW team is in partnership with AFLNT, with players based in Adelaide and Darwin.

The League is yet to determine the format of next year’s competition, which will increase to 10 teams with the addition of Geelong and North Melbourne.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm

MELBOURNE champion Garry Lyon has labelled the AFLW expansion signing period as a “joke” after Brisbane coach Craig Starcevich accused North Melbourne of disrespecting the spirit of the competition.
The 10-day expansion club signing stage concluded on Monday, with key signings for new clubs North Melbourne and Geelong finalised. The Kangaroos’ 17 signings, including 13 AFLW signings, were ticked off by the AFL, as were Geelong’s 13 signatures.

North landed an array of high-profile signings, including reigning league best and fairest winner Emma Kearney via the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood duo Emma King and Mo Hope, while it also landed five players from Starcevich’s Brisbane Lions, headlined by Kaitlyn Ashmore

As compensation, the Lions have been given two rookie list selections, which were confirmed after the league released the pick order for October’s AFLW draft. The Cats have been given the first two selections of the draft and North’s first selection won’t occur until Pick 12.

But Starcevich accused the Kangaroos of not abiding by the “spirit” of AFLW, telling ABC Grandstand on the weekend that they’d been targeting some players “for the best part of six months”.

Lyon told SEN Breakfast: “This is a joke.

“Who is making these rules on the run?

“For a competition that we are told is, and we believe and have embraced, is so important to the future, and women’s football is growing at a rapid rate.

“Surely there is a more professional approach to putting in the parameters for building and developing teams?

“You can understand why Craig Starcevich is upset, because he is saying, what rules are we working with here?”

Starcevich said he wasn’t sure whether the Kangaroos had been “super” when it came to the "spirit" of building the league.

“Across the clubs we’ve all had some ownership about how this league works. I think a little bit of it is to do with the spirit of how we build the competition, I’m not sure North have been super with it, to be honest,” Starcevich said.

“ ... There’s a little bit there about respecting each other’s space and not necessarily going in and pillaging each other’s players and doing it with some ounce of integrity.

“They’ve been into some of the players for the best part of six months.

“I’m not sure that sits that comfortably with us, even though the rules don’t allow that.

“You’ve got to do things a little bit underhanded at times to try and get where you want to get in terms of building your list so that’s disappointing.”

A North Melbourne spokesman told the Herald Sun that the club takes “exception to any suggestions we acted outside the rules and against the spirit of the game”.

Starcevich, though, said the expansion list rules must be reviewed ahead of next year, with four new teams — Richmond, St Kilda, Gold Coast and West Coast — set to enter the competition in 2020.

“There’s got to be a certain amount of movement with players that have had experience at AFLW, but at this point in time North Melbourne look like they are going to assemble 12 to 16 of those players,” he said.

“It’s probably a lesson learnt for next year when there’s four new clubs that will take us up to 14 teams in the comp as to what is the right mechanism.”

The AFLW trade period opens on Wednesday and will continue until Monday 4 June.

Eight of the 10 AFLW clubs will gather at AFL House for a ‘trade facilitation day’ where they will discuss 2019 primary list considerations.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Shouldn't be allowed to go snatch whoever you want.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL