Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am

heater31 wrote:Any outs at this stage for next season?

Gatting by the sounds of it :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Gatting was suspended after the last game against Sturt for ball tampering, found to have sandpaper in his pants. Umpire Adrian Drosd reported him, have seen the photo and can hardly recognize the ball.

Based on the Aussie cricketers being labelled cheats for the same thing, yes Footy Smart, Gatting is a CHEAT!

(I can see why you guys don't get it being involved with Modbury Football Club also, you always think you are hard done by and in the right!! No wonder your Club lost its big home game last year against your big rivals as you cant control your Supporters, look forward to it happening again this year and your Club going down the Salisbury North path of losers and you crying about how hard done by you are!).
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Gatting was suspended after the last game against Sturt for ball tampering, found to have sandpaper in his pants. Umpire Adrian Drosd reported him, have seen the photo and can hardly recognize the ball.

Based on the Aussie cricketers being labelled cheats for the same thing, yes Footy Smart, Gatting is a CHEAT!

(I can see why you guys don't get it being involved with Modbury Football Club also, you always think you are hard done by and in the right!! No wonder your Club lost its big home game last year against your big rivals as you cant control your Supporters, look forward to it happening again this year and your Club going down the Salisbury North path of losers and you crying about how hard done by you are!).

So how many games suspension did he receive?????

Your a very emotional guy eagles..... to the point you have no idea what you talk about! Come out to Modbury and me and BF will buy you a beer. Unfortunately you cant see the 'supporter' who yelled something inappropriate out last year as he has been banned permanently from the club, because as you say we always cry for being hard done by :roll: .
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Gatting was suspended after the last game against Sturt for ball tampering, found to have sandpaper in his pants. Umpire Adrian Drosd reported him, have seen the photo and can hardly recognize the ball.

So how many games suspension did he receive?????

Your a very emotional guy eagles..... to the point you have no idea what you talk about! Come out to Modbury and me and BF will buy you a beer. Unfortunately you cant see the 'supporter' who yelled something inappropriate out last year as he has been banned permanently from the club, because as you say we always cry for being hard done by :roll: .

Sorry, not emotional, just speak facts.

This was not the first time happened at Modbury, hence you were penalised with such a drastic action as losing your home game against traditional rival, so lost a fortune on what you would have taken over the bar.

At least Amateur League don't take any crap and penalise players and Clubs with tough penalties, SACA could learn a thing or too about how to do it, not letting Cheats play in the comp. SAAFL would have banned Gatting for life!!

If you and Bulls have that attitude, no wonder clubs like Modbury will continue to suffer. IT WAS NOT YOUR FIRST OFFENCE, hence the penalty you got! You can spin it all you like, but knowing the behind the scene actions, your Club has been repeatedly warned. Easy to say we kicked him out, too bloody late mate!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:58 pm

And Gatting was suspended for two games, he just did not come back to Australia last year, thank goodness.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:03 pm

This is the Grade Cricket thread isn't it?

Therefore there is no need for Footy talk here.

Ok Eagles we get it, you don't like ball tampering but your own club has some players with questionable records in this area. Might not have occured playing for West Torrens either......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:07 pm

heater31 wrote:This is the Grade Cricket thread isn't it?

Ok Eagles we get it, you don't like ball tampering but your own club has some players with questionable records in this area. Might not have occured playing for West Torrens either......

Must have learnt everything he knew at Glandore then.........
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Wrong direction mate......
heater31

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:13 pm

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

We don't have any players from other Clubs playing with us, all local juniors, so unless you are going to be more specific, we will just stick to facts. Like how Gatting is a cheat for instance!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

We don't have any players from other Clubs playing with us, all local juniors, so unless you are going to be more specific, we will just stick to facts. Like how Gatting is a cheat for instance!

Jeez now starting to get facts wrong about your own club!
heater31

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Jeez now starting to get facts wrong about your own club![/quote]

Enlighten me then!! Have not goy any facts wrong on this topic buddy!

Been thru everyone who played 1st Grade this year, all local juniors except Josh Slee, think he was playing at Western Youth before, was at Adelaide several years ago.

So put up or shut up Heater, at least I have the balls to name people and can back it up by the SACA Tribunal!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Been thru everyone who played 1st Grade this year, all local juniors except Josh Slee, think he was playing at Western Youth before, was at Adelaide several years ago.

So put up or shut up Heater, at least I have the balls to name people and can back it up by the SACA Tribunal!

If naming people on a public forum under a hidden alias is a sign of "having balls", I must have a vagina.

Grow up fella or you'll only be able to read the forum and not post in it, keep it to the cricket talk while you're at it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

If naming people on a public forum under a hidden alias is a sign of "having balls", I must have a vagina.

Grow up fella or you'll only be able to read the forum and not post in it, keep it to the cricket talk while you're at it.

Heater was slagging off at one of our players with no proof, so I will defend our Club to the hilt, just like others do.

And FS brought up Modbury FC, not me.

Have a great day LM, chill out mate!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Heater was slagging off at one of our players with no proof, so I will defend our Club to the hilt, just like others do.

And FS brought up Modbury FC, not me.

Have a great day LM, chill out mate!

I'm extremely chilled Eags, it takes more than the internet to get me shitty, have a great Easter.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Slidingdoors » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm

IMO Gatting can do what he wants if he's getting away with it, He is just taking advantage of the poor umpiring. it happens on 80% of cricket fields every Saturday afternoon. If the umpires in our competition had any balls they'd do something about it, @E17 Im sure if you had the whistle in hand you'd be more than happy to approach a player and let him know what you think.
Last edited by Slidingdoors on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slidingdoors
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Postby BrettLeap » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 pm

He did get caught though, and is therefore a cheat.
BrettLeap
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Still plenty of passion in grade cricket!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Still plenty of passion in grade cricket!

Great to see isn't it TC :YMPARTY:, could their be more passion after the season on here than during it :o, Premier Cricket now TC :supz:

E2014, only 1 more like to raise the bat ;) , betting it wont come from FS, BF or AB :lol:

Apologies for the overuse of emojies!
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby bowl100 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:56 pm

BrettLeap wrote:He did get caught though, and is therefore a cheat.

This is inarguable
bowl100
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 pm

SACA's unwillingness to really act with Gatting when he was found guilty two years ago is exactly why CA now have the issue with Warner, Smith and Bancroft.

Australian cricket is a laughing stock world wide because of the spinless saca.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps