Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Bulls forever » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 am

Trader wrote:SACA's unwillingness to really act with Gatting when he was found guilty two years ago is exactly why CA now have the issue with Warner, Smith and Bancroft.

Australian cricket is a laughing stock world wide because of the spinless saca.

Trader, really r u serious, names such as Atherton, Tendulkar, Afridi, Du Plesi, the list goes on of those who have altered the condition of the ball or tried to android you are really trying to blame a bloke playing in front of 8 people at a grade game in SA for what is happening in world cricket. Oh and Gatting got a more severe penalty than all of these players received.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Bulls forever » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:48 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:Now the season is done its time to reflect.

Pet hate - I know we do it better than most at Perti with T20 games and looking after both teams players. What I really hate is the expectation our players will leave work at 3.30 say, travel to the ground, play a 3 hour game of cricket, walk off the ground and they can't even get a snag and bread at the ground. IMO the clubs that can't be bothered should not be able to host games. I know at Perti we have a great footy club that comes and supports us, buys beers and for the club it turns into a good night, but we have worked bloody hard to establish that.

Pet hate 2 - posters getting on here and bagging players for either no apparent reason or for something that happened a millennium ago. Move on, just remember at some stage we r going to have to forgive the current crop of Aussies, personally I have already moved on and await the penalty they get for being so stupid.

Deserve recognition. -
Kensington for borrowing our covers for C grade granny to ensure fairness, yes they have been returned.
Jones WT president who has already contacted our club in writing congratulating us on 2 premierships, with the "cliche" on GCC this is most unusual.
Page, Atkinson and Gatting who without their significant contributions it is unlikely our Fab5 would be celebrating this week.

TH - barking up the wrong tree (funny) mate, to quote "you can't handle the truth" - Jack N.
E14 - gee you did some research to provide that data and the answer is unlikely, but possible. As you have found out this year, you need talent, sound admin, good coaching and a reasonable amount of luck. The shorter the length of the game the more luck needed. Have checked and there were no posts from you about the other 10 premierships our Fab5 have won - touché.

Anyway go Modbury and Crows, keep us up to date on player movements, no doubt all will flock to Perti given Sleepy Has spoken to them all, and that is probably true.

PS - an unnamed club have offered Sleepy $30k to coach.

Last comment on Gatting as you just don't get it. The posts over last couple of pages by TTG people like you and Footy Smart and Angry Bull, just basically joking and laughing about what he did is really not on.

What this Aussie mess should show you is how much Australians hate cheating. Smith, Warner and Bancroft will never be forgiven for what they did by the majority, and the same goes for Gatting by the other 11 Grade Clubs. To take out Sandpaper like they all did is premeditated cheating. Should never have been allowed to play here again.

I don't really care that he is supposedly a nice bloke, or he is friends with your kids, totally irrelevant. The guy is a CHEAT!! A tainted Premiership as you never would have won the Semi without him. Hope he is not let back in the country next season, or he can follow Sleepy back to his old Club!

No E14 you won't get the last word and now you have called my club into disrepute let me give you some home truths.
Cheating is when you play WT at Thebby and unless you won the toss the first week and batted you could not win the game, wettish wicket, long outfield, they did it all.
Tainted is when a person associated with your club and allegedly coached all your juniors and seniors commits the biggest sin in sport "striking an umpire" (proven), after allegedly practising his technique in your club, oh sorry I forgot you don't have a club.
I have too much respect for Rocca to go on, but trust me there is a lot more, all clubs have demons, it's just that I am so old I know most of them.

Apologies to others, but the Modbury fiasco you refer to involves near fatal car accident, mental health issues and subsequent alcohol abuse, I'm glad you find it amusing, but trust me don't go there.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:14 am

How far you want to go back Bulls, World War 1 maybe??

I am talking about current issues, how many years ago did we play at Thebbie for Christ sake!! And we have a Club, just like you guys sharing with Footy Club, don't get what you are going on about there, you are losing it mate!

The tide is changing after this South Africa debacle, and I have been inundated with positive feedback for my stance, people don't want to post on here for fear of getting attacked, but I will continue to email SACA until they kick Gatting out of the comp.

Andrew Sinclair, SACA President, wants the Redbacks to change the way they play, led by Travis Head we are the most hated team in the comp with our sledging and carry on, must have learnt off Somerfield and co!! (Can say that now Trent Kelly retired!!).

(Cant talk footy on here, will post over on Modbury's page, but had many more chances than what you mention!!).
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Bulls forever » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:How far you want to go back Bulls, World War 1 maybe??

I am talking about current issues, how many years ago did we play at Thebbie for Christ sake!! And we have a Club, just like you guys sharing with Footy Club, don't get what you are going on about there, you are losing it mate!

The tide is changing after this South Africa debacle, and I have been inundated with positive feedback for my stance, people don't want to post on here for fear of getting attacked, but I will continue to email SACA until they kick Gatting out of the comp.

Andrew Sinclair, SACA President, wants the Redbacks to change the way they play, led by Travis Head we are the most hated team in the comp with our sledging and carry on, must have learnt off Somerfield and co!! (Can say that now Trent Kelly retired!!).

(Cant talk footy on here, will post over on Modbury's page, but had many more chances than what you mention!!).

E14, can go back as far or as recent as you want, you played at Thebby forever, sorry didn't see the headline current issues only, oh that is only 2 years and two months old, nothing before that. Is very convenient you ignore facts and just talk dribble.
Now here is a challenge for you given you have nothing better to do. Post on here the link that says Gatting was reported and suspended for two matches.
Henley has the club and licence, it is only last couple of years that have let you generate something from it.
Await your link.
Trent tested you, he was passionate and if he could get into your head he did. Our boys learnt a lot playing against Trent, he and the Williams boys tried to bully the younger Grade cricketers, you either learnt or you went and played bowls, our boys learnt and I have no doubt the fore mentioned players learnt it early in their careers, doesn't make them bad people, just tough competitors.
I suggest seeing you obviously having competed on the elite playing fields, what your son is telling you is slanted very much towards your own club.
AND Modbury 5 in 18 months, 3 related to same gentleman I referred to.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
Trader wrote:SACA's unwillingness to really act with Gatting when he was found guilty two years ago is exactly why CA now have the issue with Warner, Smith and Bancroft.

Australian cricket is a laughing stock world wide because of the spinless saca.

Trader, really r u serious, names such as Atherton, Tendulkar, Afridi, Du Plesi, the list goes on of those who have altered the condition of the ball or tried to android you are really trying to blame a bloke playing in front of 8 people at a grade game in SA for what is happening in world cricket. Oh and Gatting got a more severe penalty than all of these players received.

I think you answered your own question.
Next time I might include a few :roll: ;) 8) :lol: for you.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:23 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Gatting was suspended after the last game against Sturt for ball tampering, found to have sandpaper in his pants. Umpire Adrian Drosd reported him, have seen the photo and can hardly recognize the ball.

Based on the Aussie cricketers being labelled cheats for the same thing, yes Footy Smart, Gatting is a CHEAT!

(I can see why you guys don't get it being involved with Modbury Football Club also, you always think you are hard done by and in the right!! No wonder your Club lost its big home game last year against your big rivals as you cant control your Supporters, look forward to it happening again this year and your Club going down the Salisbury North path of losers and you crying about how hard done by you are!).

Interesting thoughts these... why when searching for the report can nobody find it? Did it actually happen or is it all talk? If he was suspended for 2 games then he should’ve missed his first 2 for the Jets? Why didn’t that happen? Is there actually a report?

Interesting how most of your negative sort of commentary is towards Northern Suburbs clubs here E2014, TTG, Modbury, Salisbury North (who have played a hell of a lot of Div 1 footy this last 10 years.) is this why you used to always screw over Centrals?!?

It’s not that anyone here doesn’t approve of you having an opinion but when it’s continually negative and in general to clubs out North, you seem to become a typical Western Suburbs person who thinks that because you live by the beach you have a sense of entitlement.. Anyone who has a bloke who can king hit an umpire STILL in there club needs to keep some of there opinions to themselves!

(Sorry guys bit sick of reading such negativity)
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:30 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Gatting was suspended after the last game against Sturt for ball tampering, found to have sandpaper in his pants. Umpire Adrian Drosd reported him, have seen the photo and can hardly recognize the ball.

Based on the Aussie cricketers being labelled cheats for the same thing, yes Footy Smart, Gatting is a CHEAT!

(I can see why you guys don't get it being involved with Modbury Football Club also, you always think you are hard done by and in the right!! No wonder your Club lost its big home game last year against your big rivals as you cant control your Supporters, look forward to it happening again this year and your Club going down the Salisbury North path of losers and you crying about how hard done by you are!).

Interesting thoughts these... why when searching for the report can nobody find it? Did it actually happen or is it all talk? If he was suspended for 2 games then he should’ve missed his first 2 for the Jets? Why didn’t that happen? Is there actually a report?

Interesting how most of your negative sort of commentary is towards Northern Suburbs clubs here E2014, TTG, Modbury, Salisbury North (who have played a hell of a lot of Div 1 footy this last 10 years.) is this why you used to always screw over Centrals?!?

It’s not that anyone here doesn’t approve of you having an opinion but when it’s continually negative and in general to clubs out North, you seem to become a typical Western Suburbs person who thinks that because you live by the beach you have a sense of entitlement.. Anyone who has a bloke who can king hit an umpire STILL in there club needs to keep some of there opinions to themselves!

Since when did the Westefrn suburbs clubs become all high and mighty com pared to the Northern suburbs? Im guessing about the time the berries merged with Elizabeth because before then you didnt say boo. Salisbury had it all over you pathetic **** in the western burbs and TTG for that matter.
If you want a strong club in the north fold the jets and bring back the berries and watch the flags flow
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby BrettLeap » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:49 am

Think you’re all over reacting. Very fair what E14 is saying, not wanting cheats in the comp and he happens to play for two northern suburbs teams. Would be the same response if he played to Sturt or Adelaide etc.
BrettLeap
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Bulls forever » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 am

BrettLeap wrote:Think you’re all over reacting. Very fair what E14 is saying, not wanting cheats in the comp and he happens to play for two northern suburbs teams. Would be the same response if he played to Sturt or Adelaide etc.

BL, can everyone just hold their opinions until someone shows me the link to where he was reported, I can't find a thing on Internet, but I have had it from two reliable sources that what is rumoured to have happened, never did. So in fairness, show me proof, I'll still defend the person, but not the action if that is the case.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Yeah I've scanned the databases of The Age, the New York Times and The Advertiser and I just cannot find a link to this supposed suspension.

Or any other Adelaide grade cricket suspension for that matter, in any media source in the world.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Bulls forever » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Yeah I've scanned the databases of The Age, the New York Times and The Advertiser and I just cannot find a link to this supposed suspension.

Or any other Adelaide grade cricket suspension for that matter, in any media source in the world.

Few posters choking on their Weet Bix this morning. Page 52 - Ben Hook's column.

Bernhardt said SACA had never seen a case of tampering. I cannot recall any incident during my 15 years at SACA that have been referred to the Commisioner and I am also confident that there has not been any convictions. During my time I do recall some speculation. However the level of evidence provided on that occasion was not sufficient for the Grade Cricket Committe to refer it.

So Tony Clifton, you can be the first to apologise for your smart arse post above. I then await everyone else who jumped on E14 bandwagon to post an apology and I'll screen dump and email to my man Gats.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Bulls forever » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:07 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:
NO YOU DIDNT CAUSE IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

AGAIN NO HE ISNT E14, Because it never happened.

Since when did the Westefrn suburbs clubs become all high and mighty com pared to the Northern suburbs? Im guessing about the time the berries merged with Elizabeth because before then you didnt say boo. Salisbury had it all over you pathetic **** in the western burbs and TTG for that matter.
If you want a strong club in the north fold the jets and bring back the berries and watch the flags flow
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Yeah I've scanned the databases of The Age, the New York Times and The Advertiser and I just cannot find a link to this supposed suspension.

Few posters choking on their Weet Bix this morning. Page 52 - Ben Hook's column.

Bernhardt said SACA had never seen a case of tampering. I cannot recall any incident during my 15 years at SACA that have been referred to the Commisioner and I am also confident that there has not been any convictions. During my time I do recall some speculation. However the level of evidence provided on that occasion was not sufficient for the Grade Cricket Committe to refer it.

So Tony Clifton, you can be the first to apologise for your smart arse post above. I then await everyone else who jumped on E14 bandwagon to post an apology and I'll screen dump and email to my man Gats.

Didn't say there had been

But lack of "a link" isn't anything because there are no links and I'm pretty sure that's not because no player has ever been suspended for anything before.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:42 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:

Didn't say there had been

But lack of "a link" isn't anything because there are no links and I'm pretty sure that's not because no player has ever been suspended for anything before.

Think you will find the Umpires decided to let sleeping dogs lie as at the time Joe held a County Contract and left before the season was completed. In hindsight maybe they shouldn't have. Back then Northern Districts and East Torrens were being watched continually and I can recall East Torrens getting their knickers in a knot over being warned in a One Day Semi Final. The carry on that day cost one of their First Class players a Shield match due to a suspension.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby BrettLeap » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:07 am

Keep defending Gatting all you like but it's common knowledge that he is a ball tampering cheat
BrettLeap
Mini-League

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:47 pm

BrettLeap wrote:Keep defending Gatting all you like but it's common knowledge that he is a ball tampering cheat

I certainly will, am very surprised that Admin allow you to post defamatory remarks on here with no evidence to support your claim, I might tell Joe to include SAfootynet in his class action against you keyboard warriors who hide behind meaningless names.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
BrettLeap wrote:Keep defending Gatting all you like but it's common knowledge that he is a ball tampering cheat

I certainly will, am very surprised that Admin allow you to post defamatory remarks on here with no evidence to support your claim, I might tell Joe to include SAfootynet in his class action against you keyboard warriors who hide behind meaningless names.

Joe won't take action because you can't argue against facts and truth!!

In Round 13, Sturt vs Northerns, he was reported for ball tampering with sandpaper by umpire Adrian Drosd, received two game suspension.

What happened with that due to him going home to his County contract I am not sure. He decided to not come back to Australia for the 2016/17 season, so really no penalty.

He was then put on notice by the umpires this year playing for TTG, where a senior umpire was "moved" games at the last minute to keep an eye on him.

Again, this is not "keyboard warriors" stuff but actually what happened. Hopefully this weeks Sunday Mail will will clarify the inaccuracies printed this week.

I understand Bulls you are sticking up for your player, would love to send you photo of the ball the umpires took, but some of the things you and FS and Port Pirie Power are inferring about me are way off the mark!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Merkeichmer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Ben Hutchinson on the move to East Torrens for the 2018/19 season. Great in for the reds and a big loss for sleepy and the gullies. Maybe not for sleepy though who has a big offer from the jets $$$$
Merkeichmer
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby The Myth » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:10 pm

Is Hutchinson trying to work his way through all 13 clubs?
The Myth

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby niCe_gARRy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:45 pm

First time poster so no hate please. :)

What’s everyone’s thoughts on season ending we go back and look at some clubs and there players that did not to well and some that did well?

Conor MC player for the future for SA
Nielsen will be the goods
Pengelley is a dangerous player

My thoughts that the rising ‘stars’ have to be O’Connell of cause but Ben Atkinson was amazing from the get go, could be a potential SA quick given the right chances!! Bailey Capel and Henry Dall look like the next couples players coming through. Bailey may need to carry WT next couple years if drew/Spencer/smith don’t play due to state stuff. WT really struggled this year without Spencer and looked like renshaw and Williams had to carry the quicks. Williams really didn’t impress me this year, he could be a player playing a level to high. Really relies on Spencer and renshaw to carry him through games......
knock knock. who’s there? Woman. Woman who? Wo-Man
niCe_gARRy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps