Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Cancer is a horrible **** that affects everyone. You either have it or know someone who did. It cares not for age, sex or lifestyle.
It took my father, my father-in-law and our daughter. It leaves a hole that can’t be filled and kids without a parent.
And anyone who says “time heals all” has no ******* idea, because it doesn’t.

Amen to that, I've tried to write something on here at least 10 times to give CM some support but have pretty much had my heart ripped out every time I've gone to write.

I kiss my dad every day, I have no one to turn to when things turn to shit, I just battle on and hope tomorrow is a better day.

I know what you mean. I thought about it before I posted and whether I should have. It is a very personal thing to put on a public forum.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Cancer is a horrible **** that affects everyone. You either have it or know someone who did. It cares not for age, sex or lifestyle.
It took my father, my father-in-law and our daughter. It leaves a hole that can’t be filled and kids without a parent.

Amen to that, I've tried to write something on here at least 10 times to give CM some support but have pretty much had my heart ripped out every time I've gone to write.

I kiss my dad every day, I have no one to turn to when things turn to shit, I just battle on and hope tomorrow is a better day.
Will be 2 years on Sunday since my dad passed away. Those 2 years have been real good at times and real bad at times for me and it's crazy to think how quickly it has gone. Will be playing Cold Chisel all day and having a couple of red tins in his memory I reckon.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:45 pm

:( Can't imagine losing a kid...in fact I can't imagine anything worse in life
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:

:( Can't imagine losing a kid...in fact I can't imagine anything worse in life

I was taking my 12 year old son to footy training Wednesday and I was running a bit late, sure enough the 5 o'clock news came on and the first news item mentioned my deceased step-son's name without me having time to change the station, they could've ran the story without mentioning him, my lad has learnt to be very strong inside but it hurts me watching him trying to hold in the tears, especially when he's about to go train with a new footy team.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Some good news for my mum. Sounds like they have caught this early and a simple procedure should remove the spot on the liver. Fingers crossed!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Corona Man wrote:Some good news for my mum. Sounds like they have caught this early and a simple procedure should remove the spot on the liver. Fingers crossed!

Sounds promising mate.
Good luck with it all.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Hooray that is great news!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Brodlach wrote:Hooray that is great news!

Yep bloody good news mate.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Corona Man wrote:Some good news for my mum. Sounds like they have caught this early and a simple procedure should remove the spot on the liver. Fingers crossed!

Great news for you CM. That must be such a relief.

Catching it early is thing. Too many people bury their heads and wait until it’s too late. I guess because so often in the past the big “C” usually meant a death sentence.

So much of it is treatable and whilst we will never find a cure, for the foreseeable future anyway, treatment techniques have advanced so much that most forms are now treatable. But only if you get it in time.

Really pleased to hear another story of someone sticking two fingers up at cancer and winning their battle.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Cancer is proof that god isn’t real. Or if he is he’s a god that I don’t want to associate myself with
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:Cancer is proof that god isn’t real. Or if he is he’s a god that I don’t want to associate myself with
Come on Benny, thats just garbage...

Cancer sucks i agree but you can't pin cancer on God my friend. One guy has just come back to our church because he was diagnosed with cancer. It was the catalyst for him to rekindle his relationship with God.

Sometimes God allows us to go through things in the hope that we will turn to Him or turn back to Him. It's up to you what you do with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:44 pm

If you can tell me how a kind and loving god lets my 4 year old cousin die from cancer I’m all ears. There is absolutely no justification for it.

And don’t you dare reply with the “sin of mankind” or some other rubbish.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:47 pm

How can you not pin cancer on god? If the whole universe is gods creation then giving toddlers cancer was his creation too.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 pm

I don't think you quite get the concept of religion Benny
Seems non believers always have more to say on it
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:55 pm

bennymacca wrote:How can you not pin cancer on god? If the whole universe is gods creation then giving toddlers cancer was his creation too.
Its a discussion much better had over a coffee sometime Benny. PM me if you're keen to chat

I can't say why things happen, they just do. All i know is that God is good and despite our wishes good things happen to bad people just as bad things happen to good people.

Benny, God set the ball rolling and then left the world in our hands... He isn't going to impose in every situation.

The truth is we all have an appointment with God, whether old or young.

I feel for you and your family losing your little cousin, but he's in a much better place now my friend, take comfort in that...

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Pseudo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:If you can tell me how a kind and loving god lets my 4 year old cousin die from cancer I’m all ears. There is absolutely no justification for it.

And don’t you dare reply with the “sin of mankind” or some other rubbish.

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:58 pm

MW wrote:I don't think you quite get the concept of religion Benny
Seems non believers always have more to say on it

I was raised a Lutheran and have done my fair share of bible study.

But decided that I don’t believe it in my early 20s. And my cousin dying when I was maybe 17-18 was one of the things that made me start questioning it.

So politely. Get stuffed. And don’t tell me that I don’t know what religion is about.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:03 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Benny, God set the ball rolling and then left the world in our hands... He isn't going to impose in every situation.

Well that may be true of some other god. But not the Christian god we are told to pray to to forgive us our sins. Or else.

I’m prepared to potentially believe in a “maker”

Nothing in physics describes what happened before the Big Bang or what made the Big Bang.

But the Christian god (or any of the other interventionist abrahamahic ones especially) are just patently rubbish
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Up to you what you believe. Easy way out is to pin tragedy on religion
And you sir can go forth and multiply :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
I feel for you and your family losing your little cousin, but he's in a much better place now my friend, take comfort in that...

He’s worm food mate.

My theory on it all - if you live a life that makes others remember you fondly - you’ve done the right thing. Others’ memories of you is how you live on.

Sorry to get so deep on a Saturday night!

Go crows :)
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion