40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Did Mitchell Park only play with 13 in the reserves game?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:56 pm

cossi11 wrote:
Q. wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Good work raiders!!!

Out of curiosity how many did clubs have on the bench in the A Grade?
We went 22 in a-grade and 25 in reserves

Lonsdale went with 25 in the A grade and we went with 21. Apparently an email was sent out last night about it, the night before round 1 and the night after selection lol super organisation if true!

Clubs were asked whether in an efffort to make it more attractive for the C and D grades to play in Div 7. Most clubs if not all said they didnt care if TTG and GG had 25 in both teams and all clubs knew it was on well before selection on thursday night. The email on Friday only confirmed what everyone knew. If Jars didn't know, then he should take it up with his footy director or delegate

The other things is clubs dont HAVE to have 7 on the bench. If you dont want to shuffle rotations, pick 21.

The alternative is the Div 7 comp has the left overs of clubs because the league wont make a C and D play in A grade comps unless those C and D grades dont want to play triples so that could mean a 7 or 8 team comp. This was all discussed at the recent General Committee Meeting and everyone agreed the league had to think out side of the square to make it work.

If you you reckon the worst thing to come from Rd 1 is 4 extra players got a game of footy and it was highlighted that your communications between club delegate and coaches needs some tweaking, then youre pretty hard to please ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
Q. wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Good work raiders!!!

Out of curiosity how many did clubs have on the bench in the A Grade?
We went 22 in a-grade and 25 in reserves

Lonsdale went with 25 in the A grade and we went with 21. Apparently an email was sent out last night about it, the night before round 1 and the night after selection lol super organisation if true!

Clubs were asked whether in an efffort to make it more attractive for the C and D grades to play in Div 7. Most clubs if not all said they didnt care if TTG and GG had 25 in both teams and all clubs knew it was on well before selection on thursday night. The email on Friday only confirmed what everyone knew. If Jars didn't know, then he should take it up with his footy director or delegate

The other things is clubs dont HAVE to have 7 on the bench. If you dont want to shuffle rotations, pick 21.

The alternative is the Div 7 comp has the left overs of clubs because the league wont make a C and D play in A grade comps unless those C and D grades dont want to play triples so that could mean a 7 or 8 team comp. This was all discussed at the recent General Committee Meeting and everyone agreed the league had to think out side of the square to make it work.

If you you reckon the worst thing to come from Rd 1 is 4 extra players got a game of footy and it was highlighted that your communications between club delegate and coaches needs some tweaking, then youre pretty hard to please ;)
Not quite right. The idea of extra on the bench in A grade was floated, but not confirmed until Friday morning.
Q.
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Ah, I understood it was voted on in the meeting with the D7 clubs after the delegates meeting.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:23 pm

You're right, I probably should've checked. My bad.

Wish we had an extra 4 players yesterday

Footy Chick

Postby The Informer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

I asked the question of 25 on the bench at the last meeting with the Div 7 clubs and it was confirmed at that stage that it was only for the reserves.
I do know we received a email on Friday to say we could have 25 in the A grade as well but we decided to only go with 22. I must say managing 25 is pretty hard work, it's a bit sad that after round one all we are discussing is negatives and not how great it was to be back out there.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:You're right, I probably should've checked. My bad.

Not having a go at you, just need to release the frustration at how the way you are treated the lower you go.
Pretty sure we've been treated just fine. 10 comp and opportunity to give up to 8 more blokes a game each week. D7 has always taken the longest to finalise, it comes with the territory.

Also find it hard to believe that CU would've been left off the email that went to all clubs.
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Tend to think the A's should be left at 21. Creates a bit of an incongruence to the rest of the divisions, also would open up a loophole or two for exploitation.

Play 400 in the Bs for all I care though.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:41 pm

When your a fringe player and the coach has to play 25 in the team and due to providing an equal share of game time to his non key players, you only get about 8 minutes per quarter if youre lucky

Therefore excluding the top 10 key players who must play most of the game, the remaining 15 fringe players receive about 24 minutes per game (barely a quarter on the field) and 56 minutes on the bench

That across the season means you spend 18 quarters on the ground and 54 quarters on the bench. So how was your season? Yes i spent 54 quarters on the bench. Wow you must have excelled as a player exponentially

Getting truly pumped up for my massive 24 minutes of footy this week!!
(Not me personally just a generalization of the reality)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:55 pm

marbles wrote:When your a fringe player and the coach has to play 25 in the team and due to providing an equal share of game time to his non key players, you only get about 8 minutes per quarter if youre lucky

Therefore excluding the top 10 key players who must play most of the game, the remaining 15 fringe players receive about 24 minutes per game (barely a quarter on the field) and 56 minutes on the bench

That across the season means you spend 18 quarters on the ground and 54 quarters on the bench. So how was your season? Yes i spent 54 quarters on the bench. Wow you must have excelled as a player exponentially

Getting truly pumped up for my massive 24 minutes of footy this week!!
(Not me personally just a generalization of the reality)
You're the bloke listed as emergency after the 7-man bench in D- grade
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Good post though marby. Yesterday, the two blokes with least amount of game time in the reserves had 22% and 36% game time, although they both enjoyed being part of the win.
Q.
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Q. wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Not having a go at you, just need to release the frustration at how the way you are treated the lower you go.
Pretty sure we've been treated just fine. 10 comp and opportunity to give up to 8 more blokes a game each week. D7 has always taken the longest to finalise, it comes with the territory.

Also find it hard to believe that CU would've been left off the email that went to all clubs.

Believe want you what, If we had received it do you think we had gone in with 21 against 25 on + 30degree day, At worst we would have played 23.
This we galvanise the team as a group to take on the rest of the competition. Are there any conditions of the extra players?? Like Courtney fish said, can they play "b" grade and then sit on the bench or can they only play 1 game for the day?
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Q. wrote:Good post though marby. Yesterday, the two blokes with least amount of game time in the reserves had 22% and 36% game time, although they both enjoyed being part of the win.

And the rest all played 38%?

Your urgency to hide a mathematical fact that theres only 80 minutes in a game is wonderful and hopefully your lads reading this might not be discouraged from the truth

But most of the lower epsulon players trained twice saw a physio got their mum to wash their shorts had an extra expensive pasta meal on friday night and did whatever ever else to prepare for their big game... but come saturday night got more or less than 50% of the game on the field and consequently spent the majority of their saturday afternoon sitting on a bench. And you as mr captain league medalist who can have as much game time he likes feels that his mighty bench department had a wonderful day?

Next week they might actually get 37% so thats promising for them

Lets piss on their legs and tell em is raining shall we?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Wilbur » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:42 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:Good post though marby. Yesterday, the two blokes with least amount of game time in the reserves had 22% and 36% game time, although they both enjoyed being part of the win.

Your urgency to hide a mathematical fact that theres only 80 minutes in a game is wonderful and hopefully your lads reading this might not be discouraged from the truth

But most of the lower epsulon players trained twice saw a physio got their mum to wash their shorts had an extra expensive pasta meal on friday night and did whatever ever else to prepare for their big game... but come saturday night got more or less than 50% of the game on the field and consequently spent the majority of their saturday afternoon sitting on a bench. And you as mr captain league medalist who can have as much game time he likes feels that his mighty bench department had a wonderful day?

Perform on the field and you will get game time.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Wilbur » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Here here. Myself and a few others struggled quite a bit after the game despite good preparation.

Fingers crossed the temp drops for the rest of the season.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Q. wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Believe want you what, If we had received it do you think we had gone in with 21 against 25 on + 30degree day, At worst we would have played 23.
This we galvanise the team as a group to take on the rest of the competition. Are there any conditions of the extra players?? Like Courtney fish said, can they play "b" grade and then sit on the bench or can they only play 1 game for the day?
As I said above, the rule exists to give excess players an opportunity to be involved. If you're going to manipulate it to get an unfair advantage like you suggest, that's a one way ticket to the rule being abolished.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 pm

marbles wrote:

37% better than 0%
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:

37% better than 0%

Getting their moneys are they?

Developing as footballers with the utmost opportunity are they?

Your son "for example" isnt the best player but his commitment is top shelf, hes getting 37% game time on the field. Paid club fees to become a great footballer in your club jumper though

Meanwhile spends the rest of the game looking pretty but essentially bored shitless and depressed along with 15 other dudes rotating in this role for their 8 minutes a quarter

As a captain i thought you of all people would have a bit more compassion for your lower epsilon team mates

Play 22 maximum, the 22nd spot being the ruckman cross over and give the rest of the team at least over 2 quarters game time each. Else they are being robbed in the invested theyve made to playing footy at your club

... we at houghton fc offer nearly 40% game time to any non-essential footballers! Come in sign up!

... its no ones fault its just the reality that theres only so many pieces of the pie to go around when u have 25 soldiers vying for 18 spots.

Not attacking u queechy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:And the rest all played 38%?

37% better than 0%

Getting their moneys are they?

Developing as footballers with the utmost opportunity are they?

Your son "for example" isnt the best player but his commitment is top shelf, hes getting 37% game time on the field. Paid club fees to become a great footballer in your club jumper though

Meanwhile spends the rest of the game looking pretty but essentially bored shitless and depressed along with 15 other dudes rotating in this role for their 8 minutes a quarter

As a captain i thought you of all people would have a bit more compassion for your lower epsilon team mates

Play 22 maximum, the 22nd spot being the ruckman cross over and give the rest of the team at least over 2 quarters game time each. Else they are being robbed in the invested theyve made to playing footy at your club

... we at houghton fc offer nearly 40% game time to any non-essential footballers! Come in sign up!

... its no ones fault its just the reality that theres only so many pieces of the pie to go around when u have 25 soldiers vying for 18 spots.

Not attacking u queechy

Would they be getting their money's worth if they didn't play at all? @adr107, would you rather 36% or 0%?

Just for you marby (FYI, all off these blokes were stoked to be involved in the game yesterday):

Q.
Coach

Postby The Informer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 pm

Q is not the captain or even in the leadership group and spent time on the bench himself yesterday, but I'll message you this week Marbles and you can tell me how to manage my players and how Houghton football club should operate.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League