16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Yank Man » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:51 pm

My money is on BOS to be top 2 and float up a Div. Never underestimate a good Grange
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 pm

Yank Man wrote:My money is on BOS to be top 2 and float up a Div. Never underestimate a good Grange

They’re not a good grange though, they’re just a well aged clearskin.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:24 pm

BOS around the mark without selling the farm!
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby old fullback » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Ouch..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby scottroo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Still lost though...
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:59 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:BOS around the mark without selling the farm!

C’mon mate your posting is better than that.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby X Runna » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Beachboy wrote:If bedge kicks 5 and pulteney kick 4 I rekon the farmers might get over the line.

Yeah just as long as there is a free pie for him for every goal he kicks.

I find that very hurtful, I'm quite sensitive about my weight and have been trying to make lifestyle changes to address the issue. :'(

Not from the burgers you have been seen eating of late :D
Attachments
maxiburger.jpg
maxiburger.jpg (114.49 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks to Will and the lads from Pulteney for the footy lesson yesterday. They are tall, fit, quick and skilful. Didn’t see Glenunga last year but from what I witnessed yesterday Pulteney will take Div 5 standard to new heights. Look out whoever plays them, Langford is unbelievable as is Polec....huge additions to their already impressive list. Great to see Will and all the lads come in for a drink after the game, much appreciated.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:Thanks to Will and the lads from Pulteney for the footy lesson yesterday. They are tall, fit, quick and skilful. Didn’t see Glenunga last year but from what I witnessed yesterday Pulteney will take Div 5 standard to new heights. Look out whoever plays them, Langford is unbelievable as is Polec....huge additions to their already impressive list. Great to see Will and all the lads come in for a drink after the game, much appreciated.

i watched them in the trial against Greenacres i think Pulteney like Glenunga last year have a nice spread of height and speed and very good in transition

think i saw a B grade player from Blacks being carried into the hospital yesterday anyone know how he is ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Thanks to Will and the lads from Pulteney for the footy lesson yesterday. They are tall, fit, quick and skilful. Didn’t see Glenunga last year but from what I witnessed yesterday Pulteney will take Div 5 standard to new heights. Look out whoever plays them, Langford is unbelievable as is Polec....huge additions to their already impressive list. Great to see Will and all the lads come in for a drink after the game, much appreciated.

i watched them in the trial against Greenacres i think Pulteney like Glenunga last year have a nice spread of height and speed and very good in transition

think i saw a B grade player from Blacks being carried into the hospital yesterday anyone know how he is ?

Suspected ACL from what i've heard. Not a good start to the year.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Langford does well for no knees
Played a Div 1 GF after having a litre of fluid taken out of his knee
Good pedigree: Murray Weideman’s grandson
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 pm

[quote="scottroo"]Still lost though...[/quot

Correct
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Langford does well for no knees
Played a Div 1 GF after having a litre of fluid taken out of his knee
Good pedigree: Murray Weideman’s grandson

If you look back to the grand final he played for North Adelaide (possibly the last ever game at Footy Park?) had his luck been a bit different injury wise I think he would have found a place in the big leagues.

Great bloke too
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks mate was very hard work out there and your lads gave their all wasn't an easy game by any means and much appreciated for the beers after. Great rivals on the field good mates off it!

Looking forward to round 9 and you'll be able to see our upgraded goal posts for the first time hopefully the change rooms will be next. :D

Was interesting to see Woody South were down at 3QT by a couple points and stormed home 10 goals to 1 in the last. Must of run out of quartered oranges?
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:49 am

Pulteney give Farmers Round 1 Blues
Over the years I've been known to speaking before thinking.. still a terrible habit - and one piece of advice I've generally got has been "leave it 24 hours, sleep on it, then action."

Saturday afternoon/evening was a pretty deflating and sombre feel - was hard to see light shining in the darkness, finding positives was difficult, and generally was just feeling defeated. Had you asked me Saturday night my views, would've been all gloom and doom, and talking about the greatness of Pulteney.

Fast forward today, and I reflect back, think about my pre-game predictions and honestly the match went to script pretty well as I thought it may have - and in fact better in the B grade. I guess whilst I anticipated what the outcome would be, the reality of it hit harder than i'd hoped.

Pulteney are good. Make no mistakes about it - I would rate them a 10-15 goal better unit than last season. Langford forward is an imposing figure, but don't get too caught up in him otherwise the likes of Polec, Giddings and Forbes turn up and burn you. They've added some class and depth to their squad, Hoppo-Luckett worked well with Lindner through the mid, both super impressive work rates, and helps when you have a dominant ruckman like Cleveland giving you first use, and even Comerford in the ruck proved more than a handful.

I thought Grosser and Latchford on the wings were extremely good, and Currie appeared to bring his own ball off half back - although was gifted plenty of space from our forwards, and allowed to zone off a kick behind, we need to be better than that.

I thought Tucker and Giddings were reasonably quiet to be honest, which could be worrying signs for sides, as they wont be quiet every week!

On the flip side, where the Blues are a 10-15 goal better side, Ingle Farm have gone the other way, and a probably a good 10-15 goal lesser side AT THE MOMENT - we lost Gannell (ruck), Grant, Sumner, Lynch, Phillis, Matthews - that's 6 of our top group of players, was always going to be hard to replace and cover, and we will take our beatings at times this year, but I have faith that the players we have in and around the A grade setup are going to be positive talents to move the club forward, it's just going to take time.

Of the side Saturday, more than half have been predominately B grade recent years, and graduates of the Bedgegood Football Factory - add in a few regular A graders who are still very young (average age well below 25 at a guess), a couple of additions of Wheaton who was very good Saturday and Brimer who didn't play, I think the raw ability is there, and in due time we will begin to see how this group moulds together, especially those new to A grade footy and the pick up in quarter length and game speed - 155 point defeats wont (hopefully) be the norm.

Our fitness levels aren't where they need to be, and the heat added to the fatigue - chasing a well drilled unit isn't easy. On the upside, learned a bit more about some guys, who is and isn't capable of certain roles, and the excellence of Pulteney helped highlight weak points that need addressing for individuals and the side.

Hopefully we can bounce back this week, look forward to seeing how the CBC v PUL game pans out - two sides that I suspect will occupy 2/3 top spots on the ladder.

Thanks to Astro Boy and the Blues lads who came up for a drink after the game, they were very humble in the victory, and good bunch of blokes, good luck for the rest of the season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:56 am

Hectorville defeating Smithfield by 13 points - surely this is the most surprising result of the round?!

Heccies better than expected, or more a matter of one the Panthers let get away? 1.8 1st quarter, game potentially could've been well in their control.

Are there many to come back for Smithfield - still looks a reasonable unit on paper, and with Nisbet, Juane Gray, Bain and Joel Calyun there is some good depth through the B grade lurking.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am

Will Jesse Whinnen add to them in the A's or will he just knock about in the C's again this year?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am

S Demon wrote:Will Jesse Whinnen add to them in the A's or will he just knock about in the C's again this year?

Caaarn mate, we both know the answer to that.

In his defence, as has always been the case, Lacrosse comes first - their games are around the same time as the A grade, so makes it difficult.

He'll probably kick 100 again this year.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Cat Stevens » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:40 am

The Bedge wrote:
S Demon wrote:Will Jesse Whinnen add to them in the A's or will he just knock about in the C's again this year?

Caaarn mate, we both know the answer to that.

In his defence, as has always been the case, Lacrosse comes first - their games are around the same time as the A grade, so makes it difficult.

He'll probably kick 100 again this year.

Sure Sure. Would struggle in the A grade anyway
Cat Stevens
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 am

Cat Stevens wrote:Would struggle in the A grade anyway

You're right, he really had a hard time of it in D3 last year at Flinders Park.. :roll:

He's super fit, uses his body well and is quite skillfull - he'd have no issues playing A grade, don't kid yourself.

He was good when I first saw him in 2013 - he's still good now.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League