40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 pm

The_Informer wrote:Q is not the captain or even in the leadership group and spent time on the bench himself yesterday, but I'll message you this week Marbles and you can tell me how to manage my players and how Houghton football club should operate.

Former captain and league medallist then ;) :lol:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Its unfortunate that youre unable to comprehend basic arithmetic and cannot comprehend the consequences of fitting 25 players into 18 slices of pie whilst trying to win a game and keeping your best 10 players on the field at all time because else youll lose

I can guarantee that your 15 non essential players that u give 8 minutes game time a quarter to are NOT enjoying it and would rather not play than spend 56 minutes a game sitting on the bench

But they only come back next week cos theyve paid their $$ fees which they wont get back and hope that you might give them more than a quarter and a half on the field but you know deep down you WONT and CANT because you cannot fit 25 players into an 18 piece pie and therefore your 15 fringe players can either like it or lump it. And the next naive goon bag can instead take his spot

Put the development of your players 1st dude. Play 22 max
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:52 am

Where does this come from?
I’ve never seen it before

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 am

marbles wrote:Its unfortunate that youre unable to comprehend basic arithmetic and cannot comprehend the consequences of fitting 25 players into 18 slices of pie whilst trying to win a game and keeping your best 10 players on the field at all time because else youll lose

I can guarantee that your 15 non essential players that u give 8 minutes game time a quarter to are NOT enjoying it and would rather not play than spend 56 minutes a game sitting on the bench

But they only come back next week cos theyve paid their $$ fees which they wont get back and hope that you might give them more than a quarter and a half on the field but you know deep down you WONT and CANT because you cannot fit 25 players into an 18 piece pie and therefore your 15 fringe players can either like it or lump it. And the next naive goon bag can instead take his spot

You're having difficulty understanding difference between nothing and something.

As you can see from my image, only four players had less than 50% game time.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Where does this come from?
I’ve never seen it before

Not sure what the app is, I had Hendo send me a screenshot
Q.
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:20 am

Interchanger app, costs $220 from memory, many high level leagues use it, essentially an electronic white board,saw it first hand in a recent trial, bluetooths into another ipad that does individual stats etc....more info than you would ever need.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 am

Dutchy wrote:Interchanger app, costs $220 from memory, many high level leagues use it, essentially an electronic white board,saw it first hand in a recent trial, bluetooths into another ipad that does individual stats etc....more info than you would ever need.

Or you can just use the basic version that costs $50 and keeps track off notations and time on the field, helps you control who has been on for so long and that, very helpful.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Q is not the captain or even in the leadership group and spent time on the bench himself yesterday, but I'll message you this week Marbles and you can tell me how to manage my players and how Houghton football club should operate.

Former captain and league medallist then ;) :lol:

How did Craig Delaney end up out there?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 am

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Its unfortunate that youre unable to comprehend basic arithmetic and cannot comprehend the consequences of fitting 25 players into 18 slices of pie whilst trying to win a game and keeping your best 10 players on the field at all time because else youll lose

You're having difficulty understanding difference between nothing and something.

As one of the teams that is a true C and D grade in this comp we have played in the C grade comps for years where there has been 25 players picked each week. On the weekend just gone we had players still miss out on games. Our C grade has been pretty good at managing the 25 on the bench and rotations work really well. We didnt request to come into Div 7 but we really do need to have the 25 on each grade, had it been 21 in both grades would have had 8 extra players miss out on Saturday. Those 8 had the pleasure of joining us in two losses :( .
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:

Former captain and league medallist then ;) [emoji38]

How did Craig Delaney end up out there?
Came out with MJ
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:08 am

TEX07 wrote:
Q. wrote:

As one of the teams that is a true C and D grade in this comp we have played in the C grade comps for years where there has been 25 players picked each week. On the weekend just gone we had players still miss out on games. Our C grade has been pretty good at managing the 25 on the bench and rotations work really well. We didnt request to come into Div 7 but we really do need to have the 25 on each grade, had it been 21 in both grades would have had 8 extra players miss out on Saturday. Those 8 had the pleasure of joining us in two losses :( .
You didn't request? Somebody from your club did, otherwise you wouldn't be here.
Q.
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:43 am

Q. wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
Q. wrote:

You didn't request? Somebody from your club did, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Definitely didn't request to come into div 7. We have issues with triple headers at our club so we were told it was either that or we play div 7. I am sure that there was more back and forth than just that but we didn't request to play Div 7/7R. We were informed 2 weeks ago only. We were asked to play in this comp months back and requested to stay in the C grade comps and up until 2-3 weeks ago we were in C2 and C6. Us changing is the reason C2 now have a bye. We were not really preparing to play against other clubs A grade sides, lucky that there was some really good numbers training in pre-season for the C and D grade otherwise we would be further back IMO.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:39 pm

what does Q care hasnt won a game in 2 years and played a lovely 70 minutes on the ground and maybe 10 minutes on the bench

whilst your out there chasing footy take a quick glance over to your 7 nuffies looking pretty in their shorts and guernsey bored shitless walking around in circles on the bench hoping for their 8 minutes a quarter. wow theyre so privileged to get a game.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Unsure why you care to be honest
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:44 pm

marbles wrote:what does Q care hasnt won a game in 2 years and played a lovely 70 minutes on the ground and maybe 10 minutes on the bench

whilst your out there chasing footy take a quick glance over to your 7 nuffies looking pretty in their shorts and guernsey bored shitless walking around in circles on the bench hoping for their 8 minutes a quarter. wow theyre so privileged to get a game.

You do realise it was 30 bloody degrees Saturday don't you? Doubt blokes would've been too concerned with spending time on the bench - plus they won, so who cares. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:47 pm

marbles wrote:what does Q care hasnt won a game in 2 years and played a lovely 70 minutes on the ground and maybe 10 minutes on the bench

You make a lot of assumptions in your posts. You're welcome to come and spend some time within the inner sanctum of those 25 blokes this Saturday and ask them if they'd rather be sitting in their trackies on the sidelines.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:

You do realise it was 30 bloody degrees Saturday don't you? Doubt blokes would've been too concerned with spending time on the bench - plus they won, so who cares. [emoji38]
Nevermind the fact that half the blokes only had a half of footy in the tank to begin with!
Q.
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Personally I've always loved the soccer system where your A Grade play with 11 and then 1 reserve GK who plays in the B Grade, 2 fresh subs for the A Grade and 2 subs who played in the B Grade (usually get subbed off in the last 20 mins of the B Grade)

Your two blokes from the B Grade are allowed to be named after the B grade game and before the A Grade game start. It's a great way to reward someone who has a had a cracker in the b grade especially if a young bloke or a guy on the fringe.

I'm willing to accept soccer is a bit different where a sub may only get 10 minutes of playing time.

The benefits imo is less blokes whining about game time, more blokes keeping up their 'match fitness' for when they have to step into key roles, it's a great opportunity to blood younger players.

I'm not saying it would exactly work in football but my experience in Soccer (being a fringe A grade/B grade player myself) was nothing but positive and was a great way for me to stay at my club rather than try and chase a start at another club as genuinely still felt part of the A Grade on a weekly basis
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby hulkamania » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

marbles wrote:whilst your out there chasing footy take a quick glance over to your 7 nuffies looking pretty in their shorts and guernsey bored shitless walking around in circles on the bench hoping for their 8 minutes a quarter. wow theyre so privileged to get a game.

You're quite the team player marbles, your teammates over the years have been very lucky to have someone who only cares about themself on the footy field.

I would gladly sit on the bench all day if it meant my team came home with the win. Hell, I've played games where I've had 1 handball, maybe even no stats at all, but was asked to play a role to help my team win.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:04 pm

The advantage of it is it will give blokes a game who if they missed out early in the season may have disappeared and gone and played their Play Station

These are the blokes that will be getting extra game time as injuries happen and the weather gets colder and it starts to rain

It will be interesting to see how many are putting out 25 in each grade come June/July ;)

Because from the C Grade experience it starts to drop off very quickly :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League