40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:17 pm

so you arrive in january to a sporting entity because youve decided to play football

you train twice sometimes 3 times every week from january to march, you drive to all the locations, invest petrol, wash all your clothes put things on hold because you got footy training, and your wife and kids dont see you in this time

then come april its the same thing and youre now even investing in physiotherapy and chiropractors, the preparation and investment into your saturday of 2 hours of playing your new sport is ginormous

youve likely spent over 10 hours during the week preparing something for your big match on saturday, including the preparations before the game and the medical tape youve requested on your 2 shoulders & knee, along with the fees and uniform costs youve dedicated to your new recreation

come 4:30pm saturday afternoon youve just spent 60% of this awesome footy game you prepared for sitting on the bench, the team won but your now miserable, bitter, displeased

youre mates say to you, howd you go today... your like yea played a quarter & a half, just hung out on the bench most of it today i guess. Excluding the fact you won a game for first time in 2 years, deep down this is the lower 10 individuals in your team who come to your club seeking to play a sport but inevitably spend theyre 2 hours of sporting joy as spectators

your wife and kids come out to watch you,

i care because i care for my team mates and its bullshit for them having to do this

25 players in a side is truly that, bull-shit

youre a sporting entity providing sports for everyone & if a player is not a 100 game 5 year player and and is instead a 1st or 2nd year rookie, this is your season of spending 50 minutes a game on the bench for the next 5 years.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:And the rest all played 38%?

Your urgency to hide a mathematical fact that theres only 80 minutes in a game is wonderful and hopefully your lads reading this might not be discouraged from the truth

But most of the lower epsulon players trained twice saw a physio got their mum to wash their shorts had an extra expensive pasta meal on friday night and did whatever ever else to prepare for their big game... but come saturday night got more or less than 50% of the game on the field and consequently spent the majority of their saturday afternoon sitting on a bench. And you as mr captain league medalist who can have as much game time he likes feels that his mighty bench department had a wonderful day?

Next week they might actually get 37% so thats promising for them

Lets piss on their legs and tell em is raining shall we?

37% better than 0%

Getting their moneys are they?

Developing as footballers with the utmost opportunity are they?

Your son "for example" isnt the best player but his commitment is top shelf, hes getting 37% game time on the field. Paid club fees to become a great footballer in your club jumper though

Meanwhile spends the rest of the game looking pretty but essentially bored shitless and depressed along with 15 other dudes rotating in this role for their 8 minutes a quarter

As a captain i thought you of all people would have a bit more compassion for your lower epsilon team mates

Play 22 maximum, the 22nd spot being the ruckman cross over and give the rest of the team at least over 2 quarters game time each. Else they are being robbed in the invested theyve made to playing footy at your club

... we at houghton fc offer nearly 40% game time to any non-essential footballers! Come in sign up!

... its no ones fault its just the reality that theres only so many pieces of the pie to go around when u have 25 soldiers vying for 18 spots.

Not attacking u queechy

Would they be getting their money's worth if they didn't play at all? @adr107, would you rather 36% or 0%?

Just for you marby (FYI, all off these blokes were stoked to be involved in the game yesterday):

I do all my damage in about 2% of the game anyway #junktime
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Executive Member wrote:The advantage of it is it will give blokes a game who if they missed out early in the season may have disappeared and gone and played their Play Station

These are the blokes that will be getting extra game time as injuries happen and the weather gets colder and it starts to rain

It will be interesting to see how many are putting out 25 in each grade come June/July ;)

Because from the C Grade experience it starts to drop off very quickly :lol:

I like the idea but just playing devils advocate

What would the leagues stance be if late in a season teams who couldn't make b grade finals were playing short so they could play a fresh 25 and increase there chances of a 'vital win' ect

At my ripe old age of being an injured 34 year old I love the thought off playing my role in a side for 30% of a game. My body could deal with that
Last edited by whufc on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:19 pm

i love how the hierarchy figures on here are all like its wonderful its a privilege

how about you go out there and do everything you can during the week to get there and then play 8 minutes a quarter and then come back and tell us all how wonderful it was and was such a privilege.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 pm

marbles wrote:so you arrive in january to a sporting entity because youve decided to play football

you train twice sometimes 3 times every week from january to march, you drive to all the locations, invest petrol, wash all your clothes put things on hold because you got footy training, and your wife and kids dont see you in this time

then come april its the same thing and youre now even investing in physiotherapy and chiropractors, the preparation and investment into your saturday of 2 hours of playing your new sport is ginormous

youve likely spent over 10 hours during the week preparing something for your big match on saturday, including the preparations before the game and the medical tape youve requested on your 2 shoulders & knee, along with the fees and uniform costs youve dedicated to your new recreation

come 4:30pm saturday afternoon youve just spent 60% of this awesome footy game you prepared for sitting on the bench, the team won but your now miserable, bitter, displeased

youre mates say to you, howd you go today... your like yea played a quarter & a half, just hung out on the bench most of it today i guess. Excluding the fact you won a game for first time in 2 years, deep down this is the lower 10 individuals in your team who come to your club seeking to play a sport but inevitably spend theyre 2 hours of sporting joy as spectators

your wife and kids come out to watch you,

i care because i care for my team mates and its bullshit for them having to do this

25 players in a side is truly that, bull-shit

youre a sporting entity providing sports for everyone & if a player is not a 100 game 5 year player and and is instead a 1st or 2nd year rookie, this is your season of spending 50 minutes a game on the bench for the next 5 years.
Marby, this is D7R. The only investment we make into preparing for a game of football is in a sausage roll from the canteen to soak up last night's beer.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Q. wrote:Marby, this is D7R. The only investment we make into preparing for a game of football is in a sausage roll from the canteen to soak up last night's beer.

....says mr 88% game time :D (spent 9.6 minutes on the bench)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Oldmatebob » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Aside from all this player management nonsense seems like it was a great round of footy. Flinders Uni vs Mawson lakes would have been interesting to watch... and is it true that Houghton were 6 goals down at half time?
Oldmatebob
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm

And also it says no where that you have to play 25, it's not a rule.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm

I cant believe Molloy got 44% game time!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Oldmatebob wrote:Aside from all this player management nonsense seems like it was a great round of footy. Flinders Uni vs Mawson lakes would have been interesting to watch... and is it true that Houghton were 6 goals down at half time?
4 goals down at half time
Q.
Coach

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:I cant believe Molloy got 44% game time!

Yes you are correct lol, why in the he'll did I give the bench guys that much time
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Executive Member » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:43 pm

whufc wrote:
Executive Member wrote:The advantage of it is it will give blokes a game who if they missed out early in the season may have disappeared and gone and played their Play Station

These are the blokes that will be getting extra game time as injuries happen and the weather gets colder and it starts to rain

It will be interesting to see how many are putting out 25 in each grade come June/July ;)

Because from the C Grade experience it starts to drop off very quickly :lol:

I like the idea but just playing devils advocate

What would the leagues stance be if late in a season teams who couldn't make b grade finals were playing short so they could play a fresh 25 and increase there chances of a 'vital win' ect

At my ripe old age of being an injured 34 year old I love the thought off playing my role in a side for 30% of a game. My body could deal with that

The League I don't think would care either way, how you go explaining to your B Graders that are playing short for the rest of the year so we can have fresh blokes for the A Grade might be more problematic
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Wilbur » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:23 pm

TEX07 wrote:
Definitely didn't request to come into div 7. We have issues with triple headers at our club so we were told it was either that or we play div 7. I am sure that there was more back and forth than just that but we didn't request to play Div 7/7R. We were informed 2 weeks ago only. We were asked to play in this comp months back and requested to stay in the C grade comps and up until 2-3 weeks ago we were in C2 and C6. Us changing is the reason C2 now have a bye. We were not really preparing to play against other clubs A grade sides, lucky that there was some really good numbers training in pre-season for the C and D grade otherwise we would be further back IMO.

What are those issues out of interest? Harder to organise support for one side rather than two playing together?

Your club has good depth, I am sure you will be more than competitive in Div 7.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby eric » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:51 pm

hats off to St Paul’s for a good game of footy played in great spirits considering the temperature and the heat of the battle and to our Boys at Houghton it’s good to get the monkey off the back and get some points in the bank after not having any for over 600 days.. look forward to hosting new comers OSB Lonsdale at the Raiders Den next Saturday.. def will be a bit cooler up there
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

The_Informer wrote:

Yes you are correct lol, why in the he'll did I give the bench guys that much time

Cheers for that Hendo. #Molloyonlymakingupnumbers
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
The_Informer wrote:

Cheers for that Hendo. #Molloyonlymakingupnumbers

#Keyforward
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Wish to apologise for my post about the CEO of the league with comments that I made about him, it was a misunderstanding on my behalf. I regret what I said and hope it hasn't caused him in harm from executive team.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Happy for the rule to be abolished as i think 25 is too many, but each club to there own Q. Not sure how it helps clubs that are struggling with numbers (Maybe Mitchell Park) that to match the other clubs need to field 25 players in each team. I know you don't have to, but on certain days you will need to, just to be competitive. Maybe there should have been a cap at 22 or 23 some where in the middle ground to help all clubs. Also i believe that is no law on how clubs choose to run with it, so it is up to individual clubs with what they do. Some clubs will choose the blokes to play "B" Grade then just sit on the bench as Whufc said for insurance against injury.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Happy for the rule to be abolished as i think 25 is too many, but each club to there own Q. Not sure how it helps clubs that are struggling with numbers (Maybe Mitchell Park) that to match the other clubs need to field 25 players in each team. I know you don't have to, but on certain days you will need to, just to be competitive. Maybe there should have been a cap at 22 or 23 some where in the middle ground to help all clubs. Also i believe that is no law on how clubs choose to run with it, so it is up to individual clubs with what they do. Some clubs will choose the blokes to play "B" Grade then just sit on the bench as Whufc said for insurance against injury.

As long as clubs list those players on the final team sheets online, then I guess I have no issue with it.
Q.
Coach

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Happy for the rule to be abolished as i think 25 is too many, but each club to there own Q. Not sure how it helps clubs that are struggling with numbers (Maybe Mitchell Park) that to match the other clubs need to field 25 players in each team. I know you don't have to, but on certain days you will need to, just to be competitive. Maybe there should have been a cap at 22 or 23 some where in the middle ground to help all clubs. Also i believe that is no law on how clubs choose to run with it, so it is up to individual clubs with what they do. Some clubs will choose the blokes to play "B" Grade then just sit on the bench as Dogwatcher said for insurance against injury.

It can work both ways, fresher legs in the last quarter maybe versus having your 25th best available player competing with the opposition's gun for a crucial contest when the game is in the balance.
To use Saturday as an example 4 of our B Graders find out on Friday, maybe even Saturday morning they are playing A's and have to mix it with your genuine best 21 A Graders. The talent depth in Div 7 only goes so deep.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League