Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Does it concern you that your players are out after 2am?

Should it?

I think so, professional athletes putting themselves in situations not needed. I would say the same for any AFL player.

Incredibly difficult balance being a young lad and a professional footballer and he's not the first and won't the last to get that balance wrong. Not in the alleged sexual assault sense, but just being out with mates and having a drink.

I believe the club/playing group allows drinking if we've got a 7 day break, which we do as we played Saturday and don't play until Sunday.

Having said that, nothing much good happens after midnight so you put yourself in that situation and you'll suffer the consequences.

David Koch said this morning that he broke team rules and curfew. Looks like he will be stood down for this week's game regardless of what happens with the situation pertaining to the complaint.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby morell » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:10 pm

stan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:Just remember, she’s someone’s daughter.

What do her parents have to do with it.

She's a human being. That should be enough.

Okay.
Sorry for putting a bit of perspective on the subject.
You know better than to try and bring any form of reason and perspective in here.
I'm addressing the notion that as Men, we often define these things based on *our* connection to the victim.

As in, it's worse when it's your Daughter or your Wife or your sister.

That should be irrelevant. As Men we need to do better at treating Women as sentient, equal human beings - and not just when it might adversely affect us.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby valleys07 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 pm

CCTV vision has not been able to prove any allegations against Port Adelaide midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper.

On Monday night, it was revealed that a 20-year-old female had made a complaint to the Port Adelaide Football Club against Powell-Pepper, for alleged late night incident.

The female involved also gave her story to the media, but did not contact the police.

Sportsday VIC contributor Caroline Wilson explained that Powell-Pepper is likely to miss this weekend’s game as he broke the team curfew, but at this stage there’s no proof of the alleged incident taking place.

“The vision is inconclusive, in fact it’s not even inconclusive. It doesn’t show what she says happened,” Wilson told Sportsday VIC.

“Maybe it happened when the CCTV wasn’t on them, but it doesn’t show it. He’s denying it, she’s now very upset that she went to the media, apparently.”
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Media claiming the club had been dealing with the girl all Monday prior to it breaking, however they still send SPP to visit a junior club training?

FWIW he seems like a nice bloke, not the tough persona that you see on field, was quietly spoken and very apologetic when he turned up 5 mins late.

BTW Kenny roasted them in their review yesterday and Westhoff was not kicking, suggest some type of leg injury.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am

Dutchy wrote:Media claiming the club had been dealing with the girl all Monday prior to it breaking, however they still send SPP to visit a junior club training?

FWIW he seems like a nice bloke, not the tough persona that you see on field, was quietly spoken and very apologetic when he turned up 5 mins late.

BTW Kenny roasted them in their review yesterday and Westhoff was not kicking, suggest some type of leg injury.

Westy carrying a corky.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Channel 7 have released the footage.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 pm

stan wrote:Channel 7 have released the footage.

Maybe it's just me, but I've watched it a dozen times and struggle to see what's happened that's bad in this video.

He's super drunk, but doesn't appear to be any aggressive/threatening behaviour, from him or others - I mean if he had done something untoward surely the other people in the video would've shown a bit more concern? I dunno, just think the video shows FA.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby MW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:55 pm

link?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm

He's drunk, that's for sure.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Oh my. IF this is what she is basing her complaint off then **** me dead

He will get a game by the club going by this for breaking team rules, definitely looks like he has had consumed plenty during the night.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I've watched it a dozen times and struggle to see what's happened that's bad in this video.

He's super drunk, but doesn't appear to be any aggressive/threatening behaviour, from him or others - I mean if he had done something untoward surely the other people in the video would've shown a bit more concern? I dunno, just think the video shows FA.

He can barely walk.
Someone needs to teach the lad how to drink properly.

How do we know the incident didn’t occur before or after that footage?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:23 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

He can barely walk.
Someone needs to teach the lad how to drink properly.

How do we know the incident didn’t occur before or after that footage?

Surely the incident has had to have happened before this. If this is all there is then it's just laughable
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:26 pm

They never said that was the footage of the incident, simply part of his big night on the town, its probably not even the girl in questions. Looks like it is outside and someone has taken some video on their phone cause they knew who it was.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Not the best timing with this major sponsor still not announced
MW
Coach

Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm

MW wrote:Not the best timing with this major sponsor still not announced

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:They never said that was the footage of the incident, simply part of his big night on the town, its probably not even the girl in questions. Looks like it is outside and someone has taken some video on their phone cause they knew who it was.
Thats good point and this wasnt cctv footage either. So there is another set of footage from inside the club.

However this shows him acting like a dickhead, by the looks of things ad her reaction hes gone the ass grab (purely my own speculation on her reaction) here and shes not overly happy.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:04 pm

MW wrote:Not the best timing with this major sponsor still not announced

There is no "new" joint major partner as we have had in the past, Oak Plus have increased their commitment to Port Adelaide to become the clubs Major Partner.

MCDONALDS Australia has joined Port Adelaide as a Premier Partner for the next two seasons.

The partnership will include LED and big screen advertising at Port Adelaide home games at Adelaide Oval, as well as the sponsorship of game-day activations including post game kick-and-catch.

Port Adelaide will also work closely with McDonald’s to support their charity arm, Ronald McDonald House.

In welcoming McDonald’s, Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said the club was thrilled to have the brand on board as a partner the club and its game-day activations.

“The Port Adelaide Football Club is delighted to welcome McDonald’s on board as a Premier Partner for at least the next two seasons,” said Mr Thomas.

“McDonald’s is a well known brand and we are pleased that they have chosen to align with Port Adelaide.

“McDonald’s will partner us on a range of game-day initiatives and bring even more excitement and engagement to our existing game-day experience at Adelaide Oval.

“And in turn we look forward to supporting McDonald’s in various ways through their charity arm Ronald McDonald House which provides support to families of seriously ill children.”

McDonald’s Australia Market Director Southern Region Antoni Martinez said he’s thrilled to extend the AFL and McDonald’s relationship into South Australia.

“AFL is a sport that so many of South Australian’s are passionate about and we are delighted to partner with the Port Adelaide Football Club and bring even more excitement to those at the game-day experience,” he said.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:05 pm

stan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:They never said that was the footage of the incident, simply part of his big night on the town, its probably not even the girl in questions. Looks like it is outside and someone has taken some video on their phone cause they knew who it was.
Thats good point and this wasnt cctv footage either. So there is another set of footage from inside the club.

However this shows him acting like a dickhead, by the looks of things ad her reaction hes gone the ass grab (purely my own speculation on her reaction) here and shes not overly happy.

She's holding her handbag behind her back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm

and she's turning it away from SPP and avoiding his contact
MW
Coach