Postby Homer J » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Walkley a gun!!!!

Brad?
He played some pretty decent football in the BL&G a couple of years back

Yeah played juniors at EP

Handy cricketer pretty sharpe with the ball

Also played a fair bit of junior footy at Central United.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby Jacks » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Good game of footy at mortlock pk today. So good to see 2 teams go hard at it without any dirty tactics. Tough & skillful contest - both teams have alot to look forward to.
Jacks
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Jacks wrote:Good game of footy at mortlock pk today. So good to see 2 teams go hard at it without any dirty tactics. Tough & skillful contest - both teams have alot to look forward to.

Won’t last 5 minutes in the League now with dirty tactics. The league cops some flack but you can’t argue with their stamping out of unnecessary crap.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby GOAT » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:37 am

Ill be the 1st to admit, going on chics v pooraka game this year the teams are going to be a lot closer than i thought. (Even tho i tipped pooraka to fini8sh top 5 if mercer played, which they will)
Taking nothing away from pooraka the chics only played 1 decent qtr and still have 3 experienced/major role players to come back in,
On a positive note waking up and seeing glenunga with a loss is a beautiful thing!
GOAT
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby GOAT » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:39 am

And the umpire were bloody terrible for both sides, they shouldnt be allowed to umpire under 9s
GOAT
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby BZB27 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:26 pm

GOAT wrote:And the umpire were bloody terrible for both sides, they shouldnt be allowed to umpire under 9s

Yeah it was shocking yesterday, very quick on the whistle all day and were quick on some 25’s
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby BZB27 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:32 pm

GOAT wrote:Ill be the 1st to admit, going on chics v pooraka game this year the teams are going to be a lot closer than i thought. (Even tho i tipped pooraka to fini8sh top 5 if mercer played, which they will)
Taking nothing away from pooraka the chics only played 1 decent qtr and still have 3 experienced/major role players to come back in,
On a positive note waking up and seeing glenunga with a loss is a beautiful thing!

To be honest even we werent sure how we were gonna go yesterday, we had a few players that havnt done a pre season, have lost a heap from last year and hadnt really worked on our game style much with the new players but the effort everyone gave yesterday was enormous. Maybe the lack of fitness/ match fitness got us in the 3rd qtr when Kilburn kicked 6 in a row and took the lead but was great that we keep fighting on in last to stay in it.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:23 am

Can anyone at the Eastern Park vs Salisbury game shed some light on how Anthony Burgoyne went? I see he kicked 6, I hadn't seen or heard of him for a while so thought I'd ask.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Can anyone at the Eastern Park vs Salisbury game shed some light on how Anthony Burgoyne went? I see he kicked 6, I hadn't seen or heard of him for a while so thought I'd ask.

Strong body, hard to move (unless he wants to), good skills and finishing. Gonna kick a few this year I reckon.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:20 am

Pag wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Can anyone at the Eastern Park vs Salisbury game shed some light on how Anthony Burgoyne went? I see he kicked 6, I hadn't seen or heard of him for a while so thought I'd ask.

Strong body, hard to move (unless he wants to), good skills and finishing. Gonna kick a few this year I reckon.

I coached him for a few years and he was one of my favourite kids ever to coach, very polite young lad and gave me 100% wherever I'd put him so I'd reward him with a game up forward if we were playing a weaker side.

Great to hear, thanks Pag.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BFG » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Another massive week of games in what should be a very even div 4 comp this year. The big shocks last week were EP's bigger than expected win and also Gepps giving Mitcham a touch up. It makes for a very interesting R2 this week.

Edwardstown v CLG

This should be an absolute cracker. Towns got off to a solid start over what will be a finals contender in Glenunga and CLG had a good win at home over the demoted SMOSH. CLG finished far stronger than SMOSH last saturday and will need every bit of that fitness on the larger expanses a Edwardstown. I'm tipping my boys to get the choccies in a super tight one.

Pooraka v Glenunga

Two teams coming off round 1 losses to sides predicted by many to make finals. The key will obviously be stopping Mercer and I think Glenunga have the cattle through the middle to cut off the supply. Glenunga by under 4 goals.

Salisbury v Kilburn

Salibury will be very keen for Saturday to try to make amends for their R1 pasting at the hands of Kilburn. I think this game will be closer but Kilburn might be a bit too talented across the park. Think they'll get the job done by 7 goals.

SMOSH v Gepps

Was very impressed by SMOSH on the weekend and they probably just ran out of legs in the last 15-20 minutes. They're a youngish side and I reckon they will surprise a few good sides this year. They will need to stop the scoring power of Gepps though who would be ecstatic with their round one win over Mitcham. Think the rams will be too strong here and win by around 20 points.

Mitcham v Eastern Park

I had thought pre season that Mitcham would just about be a shoe in for finals which means either I was way off or Gepps are way better than I thought they would be. We should get an answer this weekend when Mitcham play EP in what I think could be the big blow out win. Eastern Park couldn't have been happier with their R1 and I suspect they'll continue that form and give Mitcham a bit of a hiding.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:55 pm

CLG get up by 4 points over Edwardstown
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Mitcham beat Eastern Park
Kilburn beat Salisbury
Gepps Cross beat SMOSH
Glenunga smash Pooraka
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times

Postby Jacks » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Be good if clubs could get the scores in a bit quicker! Edwardstown struggling with technology?
Jacks
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times

Postby starboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Is The Big Shrek the most overrated footballer ever to pull on a Kilburn guernsey?
starboy
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Old_mate21 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 pm

I think when the Big Shrek retires he can be pretty of what he has achieved in football to be fair. Over 200 games and three premierships is a pretty handy record.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby kodakman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 pm

How gay is Kyle Parks. Hair spray in thechange room before the game yesterday. Sprayed his hair before the game. What Footballer sprays his hair before before the game yesterday. Gay
kodakman
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:I think when the Big Shrek retires he can be pretty of what he has achieved in football to be fair. Over 200 games and three premierships is a pretty handy record.

The Big Shrek is a man of the people, and a national treasure.

When he retires, I think there ought to be a ticker tape parade down Prospect Road.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby kodakman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Old_mate21 wrote:I think when the Big Shrek retires he can be pretty of what he has achieved in football to be fair. Over 200 games and three premierships is a pretty handy record.

The Big Shrek is a man of the people, and a national treasure.

When he retires, I think there ought to be a ticker tape parade down Prospect Road.

That'll be the Gay Mardi Grass Parade. Thats the only ticker tape parade that bone head gets. And he's the chairman of the Gay Mardi grass committee.
kodakman
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Big Shrek is a ripper....... even if he’s only on diet cokes these days
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times