Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby old fullback » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
old fullback wrote:I reckon I counted 11 or 12 different names in the Farmers side from the 2017 GF Team.

More shocked you could count tbh :shock:

Did have my shoes on.. :D
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby coman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:@coman - wanna wager on the Smiffies v Farmers clash?

LM - what odds and line will you give for both grades? :P

Nah algood bedge,put it this way mate you won't be paying for lunch this Saturday ill make sure you get looked after.
That wasn't the bar either, i heard your a drinking machine. :lol:
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Executive Member » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

coman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:@coman - wanna wager on the Smiffies v Farmers clash?

LM - what odds and line will you give for both grades? :P

Nah algood bedge,put it this way mate you won't be paying for lunch this Saturday ill make sure you get looked after.
That wasn't the bar either, i heard your a drinking machine. :lol:

will cost you more in food than drink 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Executive Member wrote:will cost you more in food than drink 8)

Shh.. shut up man! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby SharpEye1021 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Long time viewer, first time poster!

Thought I'd throw my two cents in about two game I managed to catch over the weekend.

Hectorville Reserves vs. Smithfield Reserves - Was a really good game to watch! Both teams have some good talent in their squads! Surprised to see Nisbet playing in the reserves. Sam Shaw & Brandon Thompson are good additions to the team, coming from Central United but now both back at home @ Smithfield. Alex Smith @ Hectorville has great potiental! Score was close all game, until Smithfield found a nice burst of energy in the heat! Tired legs showed in the last quarter for both teams. Hectorville almost game back with a few easy goals, but just wasn't meant to be. Good win by Smithfield.

Hectorville vs. Smithfield A Grade. The result of this game really came down to poor skills & accuracy. Smithfield managed to score 1.8 in the first quarter alone, but it didn't stop there. Most of the game panned out that way. Not to take anything away from either team. They both had great squads including Daniel Marston @ Smithfield and Luke Broadbent @ Hectorville! Both teams could look dangerous as the year progresses, if they manage to scrub up on their skills and ball errors. Good outing! Good footy to watch.

First time @ Hectorville oval for me, but I have to say wow, it's an impressive oval! Look forward to going back their in the future.
SharpEye1021
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm

SharpEye1021 wrote:Long time viewer, first time poster!

Thought I'd throw my two cents in about two game I managed to catch over the weekend.

Hectorville Reserves vs. Smithfield Reserves - Was a really good game to watch! Both teams have some good talent in their squads! Surprised to see Nisbet playing in the reserves. Sam Shaw & Brandon Thompson are good additions to the team, coming from Central United but now both back at home @ Smithfield. Alex Smith @ Hectorville has great potiental! Score was close all game, until Smithfield found a nice burst of energy in the heat! Tired legs showed in the last quarter for both teams. Hectorville almost game back with a few easy goals, but just wasn't meant to be. Good win by Smithfield.

Hectorville vs. Smithfield A Grade. The result of this game really came down to poor skills & accuracy. Smithfield managed to score 1.8 in the first quarter alone, but it didn't stop there. Most of the game panned out that way. Not to take anything away from either team. They both had great squads including Daniel Marston @ Smithfield and Luke Broadbent @ Hectorville! Both teams could look dangerous as the year progresses, if they manage to scrub up on their skills and ball errors. Good outing! Good footy to watch.

First time @ Hectorville oval for me, but I have to say wow, it's an impressive oval! Look forward to going back their in the future.

Welcome aboard.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 am

Lockleys Vs Hope Valley
It’s the battle of the demons this Saturday at Lockleys Oval. Lockleys had a close 10 point win against Blackfriars and Hope Valley had a disappointing last quarter to lose by 49 points last week. This game will be won in the midfield with Martinello expected to get his hand on the ball first giving his strong midfield brigade first use. Ex Pulteney Premiership player Shane Cooke gets his first start for his new team and look for him to pop up on the scoring sheet as he plays predominantly forward. Hope Valley will be looking for their inspirational leader Lee Duggan to make an impact as he too plays his first game for the season. HV will be relying on him and Tanczos to hit the scoreboard frequently to have any chance of causing an upset win.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 am

Word on the street is Blues coach Will James wants to keep some tricks up his sleeve as he already looks towards finals, and will rest a few tomorrow against CBC so they don't see all his cards.

Expect recruit Kurt Lindner and back flanker Tom Mattner to rest, and potentially Daniel Polec and Jayden Fischer to be late omissions. Also if Pulteney get off to a solid start, don't be surprised if Langford is put on ice before the end of the half.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:01 am

Excellent. I was wondering who were were playing this week :lol:

Means I need to make extra doggo treats 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 am

The Bedge wrote:Word on the street is Blues coach Will James wants to keep some tricks up his sleeve as he already looks towards finals, and will rest a few tomorrow against CBC so they don't see all his cards.

Expect recruit Kurt Lindner and back flanker Tom Mattner to rest, and potentially Daniel Polec and Jayden Fischer to be late omissions. Also if Pulteney get off to a solid start, don't be surprised if Langford is put on ice before the end of the half.

Resting plays for finals after Round 1. What a master tactician
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 am

Woodville South Vs Hectorville
Woody south has their second game of the season at home against a very enthused Hectorville Hounds. I feel as though the cats are the sleeping giants in this division any time you have an ex AFL listed player in your team they can really take control eg like last week kicking a lazy 8 goals. The Hounds will also need to give a bit of attention to Brett Hains a skillful mid who gets plenty of the ball. Hectorville caused the upset of the week in round 1 they will be a tough side to crack on their own ground this year. Woodville south to win comfortably due to their bigger bodied midfielders in wet conditions.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am

Pulteney vs CBC

After coming up a division and emphatically dismantling their div 6 rivals can will james and his crew make a statement against flag fancies and last year's finalists cbc. A wet and windy day is forecast and the small Morgan oval should make a fascinating match between the college teams. Pulteney with some new recruits on show will be coming in confident and hot whilst cbc ran over Kenilworth after a slow start. Pivotal midfield battle between the likes of Tucker and Johansen could be where the game is won or stopping either teams powerful forwards.Time will tell and a huge advantage who ever wins with a 2-0 start.
Last edited by hfoxe16 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby zedman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

hfoxe16 wrote:Pulteney vs CBC

After coming up a division and emphatically dismantling their div 6 rivals can will james and his crew make a statement against flag fancies and last year's finalists cbc. A wet and windy day is forecast and the small Morgan oval should make a fascinating match between the college teams. Pulteney with some new recruits on show will be coming in confident and hot whilst cbc ran over Kenilworth after a slow start. Pivotal midfield battle between the likes of Tucker and Johansen.Will cbc have an advantage of an on field coach? Time will tell and a huge advantage who ever wins with a 2-0 start.

game of the round..if i wasnt busy i would go and have a look..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am

hfoxe16 wrote:I feel as though the cats are the sleeping giants in this division any time you have an ex AFL listed player in your team they can really take control eg like last week kicking a lazy 8 goals.

ala Dalton Tucker... league footballers such as Langford and Giddings tend to hold their own as well.. and didn't Polec play reserves? That's not too shabby either. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am

zedman wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Pulteney vs CBC.

Only playing Hope Valley mate, i'm sure you can enjoy the day off to go watch the competition to your premiership. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:59 am

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Pulteney vs CBC.

Only playing Hope Valley mate, i'm sure you can enjoy the day off to go watch the competition to your premiership. ;)

ha!

we are very alert to what valleys can bring..we struggled to pull away in the first round last year and in the second game were 7 goals down at 3/4 time and stole it..wet conditions tomorrow..no chance of us being complacent i would like to think..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 pm

zedman wrote:ha!

we are very alert to what valleys can bring..we struggled to pull away in the first round last year and in the second game were 7 goals down at 3/4 time and stole it..wet conditions tomorrow..no chance of us being complacent i would like to think..

Ok 'oldman', next you'll be saying Lockleys lucky to avoid relegation and Farmers flag favs :lol: 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:ha!

Ok 'oldman', next you'll be saying Lockleys lucky to avoid relegation and Farmers flag favs :lol: 8)

How did I get pulled into this?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Ingle Farm Vs Smithfiled
Two teams coming off disappointing results in round 1. Traditionally Smithfield do struggle in the early rounds before regathering their fitness levels to storm home late in the season . The Farmers have 5 inclusions this week with the ever experienced Peter Bone and new recruit Josh Brimer to add some much needed support for Anthony Spence. Smithfield will be hoping not to start the season 0-2 and they’ve hit the panic button already giving Ashby his first run in the A’s. Its going to be a tough ask for a depleted farmers side to keep check of Webber & Sewer from kicking a big score and getting their season back on track. I was surprised Bedge didn’t get a call up from the B grade after his dominant BOG display last week.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:18 pm

oldman wrote:How did I get pulled into this?

You're still flying under the radar.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League