16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby truk teppitt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Word on the street is Blues coach Will James wants to keep some tricks up his sleeve as he already looks towards finals, and will rest a few tomorrow against CBC so they don't see all his cards.

Expect recruit Kurt Lindner and back flanker Tom Mattner to rest, and potentially Daniel Polec and Jayden Fischer to be late omissions. Also if Pulteney get off to a solid start, don't be surprised if Langford is put on ice before the end of the half.

Laughable to think anyone is getting rested/gameplans hidden after 1 round. I would imagine Pulteney are under no illusions of the challenge presented by a 2017 Div 5 Prelim finalist...
truk teppitt
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:I feel as though the cats are the sleeping giants in this division any time you have an ex AFL listed player in your team they can really take control eg like last week kicking a lazy 8 goals.

ala Dalton Tucker... league footballers such as Langford and Giddings tend to hold their own as well.. and didn't Polec play reserves? That's not too shabby either. 8)

You'll find their AFL stats in a book next too Cinderella.

Timmy Sumner:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Sumner_(footballer)
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:You'll find their AFL stats in a book next too Cinderella.

Timmy Sumner:

Nice Wiki link champ, first time using a computer?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:43 pm

truk teppitt wrote:Laughable to think anyone is getting rested/gameplans hidden after 1 round. I would imagine Pulteney are under no illusions of the challenge presented by a 2017 Div 5 Prelim finalist...

Laughable, perhaps.. but Will James is known in footy circles to be a somewhat eccentric, "outside the box thinking" cat. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Kenilworth Vs Blackfriars
Kenilworth would be feeling deflated after what was looking like a good start to the season ended with multiple casualties on the sidelines. They’ve made 4 changes to last week’s team and will need midfielder Henry Stewart to play another solid game for the kookaburras if they have any chance of a win. Blackfriars were up at three quarter time against their rivals Lockleys and again were unable to get over the line. Brincat and Adam Pearce will make an excellent rucking partnership this year and expect them to kick over 60-70 goals between by the end of the season. Aaron Smith will be a great pick up for the hounds the ex Immauel College student will add some much need class across half forward.

Im done over to Bedge for Round 3
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:You'll find their AFL stats in a book next too Cinderella.

Timmy Sumner:

Nice Wiki link champ, first time using a computer?

what's a computer?
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:58 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:what's a computer?

hfoxes comp.JPG
hfoxes comp.JPG (13.76 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Beachboy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Bedge I hear you have decided to rest yourself until 2019. Can you confirm?
Beachboy
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby zedman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Kenilworth Vs Blackfriars
Kenilworth would be feeling deflated after what was looking like a good start to the season ended with multiple casualties on the sidelines. They’ve made 4 changes to last week’s team and will need midfielder Henry Stewart to play another solid game for the kookaburras if they have any chance of a win. Blackfriars were up at three quarter time against their rivals Lockleys and again were unable to get over the line. Brincat and Adam Pearce will make an excellent rucking partnership this year and expect them to kick over 60-70 goals between by the end of the season. Aaron Smith will be a great pick up for the hounds the ex Immauel College student will add some much need class across half forward.

Im done over to Bedge for Round 3
Attachments
Referee_with_Yellow_Card.png
Referee_with_Yellow_Card.png (10.99 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Looking forward to heading out to Smithfield again tomorrow, been a couple of years, always get a good supporter base.

Fond memories of the last B grade game I coached out there, winning the Prelim, but looking over their lineup, it's a far superior unit these days, and my side has lost plenty of experience and run.

James Bain up forward will prove a difficult match up, as will the versatile Sam Shaw, suspect he'll run off a flank. Juane Gray on a wing/mid and Joel Caylun (mid) provide plenty of talent and leg speed, and should receive first use from Clegg/Nisbet - both massive gents.. their job made easier with my ruck missing tomorrow. :(

Coulson and Ruskin always played well against us, and Nathan Laver a handy collect from TOS.

Interested to see how Chrissy Kennison goes, can't picture him as a footballer, and with Reece Gray & Scott Smith down back, the Panthers will be hard to score on.

Good size and height, but also complimented with plenty of zip and run around the ground, should prove a good contest - hopefully my lads can get within 16 goals this week! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:Looking forward to heading out to Smithfield again tomorrow, been a couple of years, always get a good supporter base.

Fond memories of the last B grade game I coached out there, winning the Prelim, but looking over their lineup, it's a far superior unit these days, and my side has lost plenty of experience and run.

James Bain up forward will prove a difficult match up, as will the versatile Sam Shaw, suspect he'll run off a flank. Juane Gray on a wing/mid and Joel Caylun (mid) provide plenty of talent and leg speed, and should receive first use from Clegg/Nisbet - both massive gents.. their job made easier with my ruck missing tomorrow. :(

Coulson and Ruskin always played well against us, and Nathan Laver a handy collect from TOS.

Interested to see how Chrissy Kennison goes, can't picture him as a footballer, and with Reece Gray & Scott Smith down back, the Panthers will be hard to score on.

Good size and height, but also complimented with plenty of zip and run around the ground, should prove a good contest - hopefully my lads can get within 16 goals this week! :lol:

Yeah mate, looks an impressive magoo line up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:32 pm

zedman wrote:Yellow card

Should consider himself lucky it's only yellow, not red... seems his reputation proceeds him..
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:Looking forward to heading out to Smithfield again tomorrow, been a couple of years, always get a good supporter base.

i was there that day to watch the A grade..gee you guys sang your song loud..i thought you were going to explode bedge! :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:39 pm

zedman wrote:i was there that day to watch the A grade..gee you guys sang your song loud..i thought you were going to explode bedge! :)

One of the best wins I've been involved in - Smiffies pumped us during the year - 70pts (lucky it was only 70, think Jamie Lane kicked 6.12) and 46pts in Rd 18 - actually had a guts full of beer at preso after Rd 18 and I arrogantly said if what we played today was the best side in the comp, strap yourself in, we will beat them all over the coming weeks.

Was 75% right - until TOS gave us a bath in the GF :lol:

As for looking like I was gonna explode - pal, i'm fat.. that's just how I look :lol: :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Beachboy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Pearce cop a yellow? Or was hfoxe wrong in his write up?
Beachboy
Mini-League

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Beachboy wrote:Pearce cop a yellow? Or was hfoxe wrong in his write up?

Never wrong always right boy! :D

I still cant believe their highest paid player would knock a blokes teeth out and only get a Yellow for it.

I thought were meant to be getting rid of this type of behavior.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Ironic that the umpire who didn't serve a red is well experienced in king hits.

All good, I have faith the powers that be will investigate - after all if it was say Ingle Farm or Smithfield shit would've hit the proverbial.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby truk teppitt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ironic that the umpire who didn't serve a red is well experienced in king hits.

All good, I have faith the powers that be will investigate - after all if it was say Ingle Farm or Smithfield shit would've hit the proverbial.

Must have been a significant hit?
truk teppitt
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Executive Member » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ironic that the umpire who didn't serve a red is well experienced in king hits.

unless there has been a formal request for an investigation, there wont be anything
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Beachboy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Is the lockleys bloke ok? Obviously the most important thing is the blokes health.
Beachboy
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League