Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby Jim05 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Maybe JK, bring in another mid fielder with another year into Greenwood, Galluci, Paholke, CEY and both Crouch’s fit might be enough mids

No Cripps, we’ll take Charlie Curnow

My mail says he's going to Geelong and you'll get Jordan Murdoch as a straight swap. Bloody good deal if you ask me.

In all seriousness though, I reckon he's basically signed, sealed and delivered at Collingwood. Missus gets a great opportunity to further her media career with Channel 9. Geez the Crows have lost some guns over the years. Imagine if they were all still playing? Probably would have won the last 5 flags.

Maybe Collingwood should chase forwards instead of midfielders
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:04 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Maybe JK, bring in another mid fielder with another year into Greenwood, Galluci, Paholke, CEY and both Crouch’s fit might be enough mids

As much as it’ll hurt losing him. Might not be a bad outcome assuming we’ll get a first round pick as compensation, they’re predicting this draft to be a super draft. We’ll have 3 first round picks to play with. He gave 10 great years of service and is coming to back end of his career. Should free up some space in the salary cap as well

That's the only up side, 2 x 1st rounders from Gibbs and most likely an end of 1st rounder for Sloane and you can stack up on some top end talent in this draft. Could dangle two x 1st rounders or a 1st and 2nd round to whoever finished bottom to get pick 1 to grab Lukosius or Rankine.

Down side is another star walks out and Tex has to make another angry phone call.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby hawks21 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

My mail says he's going to Geelong and you'll get Jordan Murdoch as a straight swap. Bloody good deal if you ask me.

In all seriousness though, I reckon he's basically signed, sealed and delivered at Collingwood. Missus gets a great opportunity to further her media career with Channel 9. Geez the Crows have lost some guns over the years. Imagine if they were all still playing? Probably would have won the last 5 flags.

Expansion clubs, Bad management, circumstances, bad luck or all the above? Wonder if we would have lost a couple of other players to more money if Danger had signed for example.

Collingwood and Geelong would be stupid to spend a million on a midfielder IMO. Lynch (Gold Coast) should be there prime target.
That leaves Essendon as the front runners as i doubt Sloane would want to play for Carlton, North, Saints who won't play finals before he retires.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:52 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Expansion clubs, Bad management, circumstances, bad luck or all the above? Wonder if we would have lost a couple of other players to more money if Danger had signed for example.

Collingwood and Geelong would be stupid to spend a million on a midfielder IMO. Lynch (Gold Coast) should be there prime target.
That leaves Essendon as the front runners as i doubt Sloane would want to play for Carlton, North, Saints who won't play finals before he retires.

Yeah I was taking the piss about going to Geelong.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:54 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Sloane, widely admired with good reason, will be 29 at the start of 2019 and isn't what most of us would consider the building block to build a midfield around.

25 year old Sloane, yes, he's the foundation to build around, 29 year old Sloane is the extra piece to a unit that already has some depth but needs some top end grunt.

Essendon would be a good fit, so too Melbourne.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Booney wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Sloane, widely admired with good reason, will be 29 at the start of 2019 and isn't what most of us would consider the building block to build a midfield around.

25 year old Sloane, yes, he's the foundation to build around, 29 year old Sloane is the extra piece to a unit that already has some depth but needs some top end grunt.

Essendon would be a good fit, so too Melbourne.

Wonder if Melbourne would have the cash. Hawthorn wouldn't surprise me?
Then again, him signing with Adelaide wouldn't surprise me either ;)
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:02 pm

hawks21 wrote:Wonder if Melbourne would have the cash. Hawthorn wouldn't surprise me?
Then again, him signing with Adelaide wouldn't surprise me either ;)

Hawthorn probably would. Melbourne I agree, unlikely but then again if they think they're close and can get him they'd be mad not too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm

North??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:11 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:North??

They got their big name player last week. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:North??

They got their big name player last week. :lol:

Shower up North recruiters, you've done enough.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

As much as it’ll hurt losing him. Might not be a bad outcome assuming we’ll get a first round pick as compensation, they’re predicting this draft to be a super draft. We’ll have 3 first round picks to play with. He gave 10 great years of service and is coming to back end of his career. Should free up some space in the salary cap as well

That's the only up side, 2 x 1st rounders from Gibbs and most likely an end of 1st rounder for Sloane and you can stack up on some top end talent in this draft. Could dangle two x 1st rounders or a 1st and 2nd round to whoever finished bottom to get pick 1 to grab Lukosius or Rankine.

Down side is another star walks out and Tex has to make another angry phone call.

We’ve also got Carlton’s second round pick coming which will be somewhere from 19-23.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Collingwood are always named in the rumours etc, whens the last time they actually landed a big name?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby David Brent » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:Collingwood are always named in the rumours etc, whens the last time they actually landed a big name?

Chris Mayne not a big enough name for you...?

They did land Treloar a few years back who's a reasonably big name. Also snared Taylor Adams a year or so before that to if my memory serves me correctly.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:Collingwood are always named in the rumours etc, whens the last time they actually landed a big name?

Fuggin exactly.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 pm

David Brent wrote:

Chris Mayne not a big enough name for you...?

They did land Treloar a few years back who's a reasonably big name. Also snared Taylor Adams a year or so before that to if my memory serves me correctly.

They were potential big names when we picked them up.
Treloar might now be a big name, still not sure about Adams.

As we're on the Adelaide board, I'm looking forward to the shit weather tonight.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:20 pm

does the weather tighten the game even more or even give Collingwood an advantage?

surely you can't go into a game with the weather like tonight with 5 tall forwards...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:23 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:does the weather tighten the game even more or even give Collingwood an advantage?

surely you can't go into a game with the weather like tonight with 5 tall forwards...

Crows have a habit of flogging teams up in this weather. Crows by 39 points.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Treloar most certainly was a big name when he moved, the first of the GWS under age concession picks to leave after Collingwood, North and Richmond all trumped the GWS offer.

Other than that Howe has been serviceable but the likes of Varcoe, Greenwood, White, Wells and Mayne who were targeted recruits haven't really worked out. At all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Walker a late out tonight.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

State vs Club, it's in the song. That's my theory as to why they have lost many guns. Simple and petty but I'm sticking with
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL