Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:Naming the first 22 for Round 1 this weekend, got 47 kids who have been slogging it out in pre-season for 10 weeks, just natural some kids are going to be disappointed, our second team doesn't start for another week so they can't put any form on the board this week. I don't have any issues during the season as you can base selection on form, Round 1 is the hardest of the year IMO

Don't tell marbles :lol: :lol:
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby marbles » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Naming the first 22 for Round 1 this weekend, got 47 kids who have been slogging it out in pre-season for 10 weeks, just natural some kids are going to be disappointed, our second team doesn't start for another week so they can't put any form on the board this week. I don't have any issues during the season as you can base selection on form, Round 1 is the hardest of the year IMO

Don't tell marbles :lol: :lol:

:evil:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Eating a pie at my desk today, and when going to squeeze a bit of sauce into it, missing it completely & filling my keyboard with Rosella's finest.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Corona Man wrote:Eating a pie at my desk today, and when going to squeeze a bit of sauce into it, missing it completely & filling my keyboard with Rosella's finest.

Would you mind if I post this on "things that you rate" or "things that make you laugh"? :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Corona Man wrote:Eating a pie at my desk today, and when going to squeeze a bit of sauce into it, missing it completely & filling my keyboard with Rosella's finest.

We had a fiery rep work here and one day I kept ringing his desk phone each time he'd take a bit of his burger and then hang up as he gulped down his mouthful, after a few times he was getting very agitated at his dodgy phone and as he went to pick it up he knocked his can of coke all over his laptop then as he went to correct it he flicked the remaining half of burger on to the ground, I stopped calling him at about that time, a young lad that was observing it almost wet himself as we both had to disappear for 10 minutes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

We had a fiery rep work here and one day I kept ringing his desk phone each time he'd take a bit of his burger and then hang up as he gulped down his mouthful, after a few times he was getting very agitated at his dodgy phone and as he went to pick it up he knocked his can of coke all over his laptop then as he went to correct it he flicked the remaining half of burger on to the ground, I stopped calling him at about that time, a young lad that was observing it almost wet himself as we both had to disappear for 10 minutes.

My first job in hospitality was barman/waiter at the Adelphi Motor Inn (no longer there).
My first night, the manager asks the chef for a bowl of soup for him. He tries it but it’s too hot. He’d go off and clear some tables & whilst doing that one of the other staff members would microwave the managers soup for thirty seconds. He’d come back & of course it was still too hot. He’d go out to the bar to clean glasses, they’d microwave it again. This went on about half a dozen times before he cottoned on...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Spargo wrote:My first night, the manager asks the chef for a bowl of soup for him. He tries it but it’s too hot. He’d go off and clear some tables & whilst doing that one of the other staff members would microwave the managers soup for thirty seconds. He’d come back & of course it was still too hot. He’d go out to the bar to clean glasses, they’d microwave it again. This went on about half a dozen times before he cottoned on...

Nothing like a bit of workplace shenanigans.

The same dude I would ring and as soon as he answered I'd forward the phone call to another angry rep and then they'd get into a massive argument over who rang who and wasting each others time, another crowd favourite is if we ring 77 it puts us on to the PA system for the factory, so I'd ring 77 then divert it to a desk phone for someone to keep saying "hello" whilst it's bellowing out in the factory.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm

My daughter is playing in the curtain-raiser tonight before the Crows vs Collingwood but my son has his cricket presentation.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:My daughter is playing in the curtain-raiser tonight before the Crows vs Collingwood but my son has his cricket presentation.

Easy choice, choose the one thats indoors. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Umpired a junior game this morning all good. A decent standard with a one point after the siren win. Finish the paperwork no problem so I hit the shower with my change of fresh clothes under my arm. No where to put my gear other than the floor outside the shower. Problem finish shower and the water has somehow overflowed into a puddle near my clothes. All dry except my jocks. Decision time wear the ones I’ve just been running around in or not. Went with not, so I’m on my way to the MCG freeballing it!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Corona Man wrote:Umpired a junior game this morning all good. A decent standard with a one point after the siren win. Finish the paperwork no problem so I hit the shower with my change of fresh clothes under my arm. No where to put my gear other than the floor outside the shower. Problem finish shower and the water has somehow overflowed into a puddle near my clothes. All dry except my jocks. Decision time wear the ones I’ve just been running around in or not. Went with not, so I’m on my way to the MCG freeballing it!

Sucked in you white maggot ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HH3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:Umpired a junior game this morning all good. A decent standard with a one point after the siren win. Finish the paperwork no problem so I hit the shower with my change of fresh clothes under my arm. No where to put my gear other than the floor outside the shower. Problem finish shower and the water has somehow overflowed into a puddle near my clothes. All dry except my jocks. Decision time wear the ones I’ve just been running around in or not. Went with not, so I’m on my way to the MCG freeballing it!
I forgot to pack a spare pair of jocks for after the game against Vic in Melbourne yesterday.

Big mistake. It pissed down the whole time (with a little bit of hail thrown in). Forgot my towel as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Sucked in you white maggot ;)

We wear yellow but I appreciate the sentiment ;)
Corona Man
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Pus bag?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm

DOC wrote:Pus bag?

I’ve been called worse.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:29 pm

The humidity levels....it feels like as soon as i have a drink of my beer it just goes straight out through the pores of my skin....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 am

I watched 30 mins of the Comm Games, wasn't really interested TBH.

However yesterday morning the mens marathon, scottish leader struggles for over 5 mins, falling over, running all over the road then collapses without any medic nearby, WTF? I know it is against the rules to offer assistance unless the athlete asks for it, but this basically opens it up for someone to die for their sport. Surely the rule could simply be changed to - if an athlete stops running and cannot stand on their own 2 feet they at least get a medic to check them out immediately. They are losing ground by being stationery so they are gaining no benefit, but it may well save their life. In fact why not have a rule if you hit the ground and cannot stand on your feet unassisted you are automatically DQ'd.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 am

@Dutchy

1 - How'd you go?

2 - How many parents did you have to deal with?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 am

Dutchy wrote:I watched 30 mins of the Comm Games, wasn't really interested TBH.

However yesterday morning the mens marathon, scottish leader struggles for over 5 mins, falling over, running all over the road then collapses without any medic nearby, WTF? I know it is against the rules to offer assistance unless the athlete asks for it, but this basically opens it up for someone to die for their sport. Surely the rule could simply be changed to - if an athlete stops running and cannot stand on their own 2 feet they at least get a medic to check them out immediately. They are losing ground by being stationery so they are gaining no benefit, but it may well save their life. In fact why not have a rule if you hit the ground and cannot stand on your feet unassisted you are automatically DQ'd.

I didn’t see the incident but it’s a very good point you make.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am

Booney wrote:

@Dutchy

1 - How'd you go?

2 - How many parents did you have to deal with?

Wasn't too bad, these things are usually worse in your head than they actually are.

One of the boys got a late call up for the AFL Diversity Championships in Sydney so that opened up one spot but still had one tough call on a kid who I made emergency, as luck would have it one of the selected kids hurt his ankle at school so he ended up coming into the team anyway.

The boys that missed out trained yesterday in an extra session which was great, both teams on deck this week so all boys can show their form.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion