40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 am

Huge turnout by the OSB/Lonsdale players and faithful. The bbq was under the pump during the A-grade and punters were spilling out of the verandah to watch a great game of footy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby lion heart » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
lion heart wrote:
The Bedge wrote: what you upset that Sullies aren’t gonna get the easy ride they thought in this div? Have a think about it

We’ve hardly won a game in 6/7 years and you think we think this will be easy?. Never heard a single person within the club say we will get an easy ride to a flag. We’re new to travelling, playing on ovals we’ve never seen before and so far have had two tightly contested battles. We are learning to win again as club and we are really enjoying our experiences in the AdFL.

You might not think it.. but I bet you’re quality recruits who have all flooded back to the club think it was gonna be that easy

Nah mate your wrong.. anyway define recruits, 17 from yesterday’s side have played 100+ games for the club most of them also played juniors for us. Of the quality returns only Trev Rigney and Jeff Lines have spent extended time away from the club. Dan Loveridge (played 200th senior game for us yesterday) and Adam Rigney spent one season away. On top of that 17 we have 3 x 17/18 year olds so that makes 20 of yesterday’s side that you can’t class as “recruits”. In fact only 1 player could be classed a recruit and that is Max Cooper who came to the club with a mate. Most of yesterday’s team played for us last season.

In fact we lost some gun “recruits” from last season most notably Polec to Pulteney, Francis and Carr to Kilburn, Wheadon to Port Adelaide, Papagozlov to Aldinga. Almost all of these guys are featuring in the bests/ goals for their current clubs. These guys were recruited to the club so we could survive in a very strong competition..now we are at our level and I am loving the fact we are starting to feel like a real footy club again. It’s not fun when the club you love is knocking on heavens door like we were to end last season.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am

lion heart wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
lion heart wrote:
The Bedge wrote: what you upset that Sullies aren’t gonna get the easy ride they thought in this div? Have a think about it

We’ve hardly won a game in 6/7 years and you think we think this will be easy?. Never heard a single person within the club say we will get an easy ride to a flag. We’re new to travelling, playing on ovals we’ve never seen before and so far have had two tightly contested battles. We are learning to win again as club and we are really enjoying our experiences in the AdFL.

You might not think it.. but I bet you’re quality recruits who have all flooded back to the club think it was gonna be that easy

Nah mate your wrong.. anyway define recruits, 17 from yesterday’s side have played 100+ games for the club most of them also played juniors for us. Of the quality returns only Trev Rigney and Jeff Lines have spent extended time away from the club. Dan Loveridge (played 200th senior game for us yesterday) and Adam Rigney spent one season away. On top of that 17 we have 3 x 17/18 year olds so that makes 20 of yesterday’s side that you can’t class as “recruits”. In fact only 1 player could be classed a recruit and that is Max Cooper who came to the club with a mate. Most of yesterday’s team played for us last season.

In fact we lost some gun “recruits” from last season most notably Polec to Pulteney, Francis and Carr to Kilburn, Wheadon to Port Adelaide, Papagozlov to Aldinga. Almost all of these guys are featuring in the bests/ goals for their current clubs. These guys were recruited to the club so we could survive in a very strong competition..now we are at our level and I am loving the fact we are starting to feel like a real footy club again. It’s not fun when the club you love is knocking on heavens door like we were to end last season.

Bedge gets a bit of Dutch courage late Saturday nights, let the troll be
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby lion heart » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:42 am

Q. wrote:Huge turnout by the OSB/Lonsdale players and faithful. The bbq was under the pump during the A-grade and punters were spilling out of the verandah to watch a great game of footy.

Was a great day and very entertaining game of footy. BBQ was as good as advertised, brilliant beer selection and your club was full of friendly people with some good banter being shared throughout the day. It was a great reminder of what we’ve been missing out on for the past few years!
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby eric » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Courtney Fish.. clearly at a different game than I Wass
47 free kicks.. really
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Q. wrote:Huge turnout by the OSB/Lonsdale players and faithful. The bbq was under the pump during the A-grade and punters were spilling out of the verandah to watch a great game of footy.

Lonsdale would have one of if not the biggest following of any club div 4 down. Once they start winning a few more watch more of all the old Sullies crew start rolling up each week. Great for the competition.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Courtney Fish » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:25 pm

eric wrote:Courtney Fish.. clearly at a different game than I Wass
47 free kicks.. really

Sorry, no sarcasm font. Clearly not 47. But a shitload more than we got. Div 7 games get Div 7 umpires but a hint of consistency would be nice.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby tryharder » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:52 pm

A great game of Div 7 footy. That's a good one pal. I'd rather watch my nephews under 14s. The game might have been a good battle but as for a great game of footy you need to get out more champ
tryharder
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
47 free kicks.. really

Sorry, no sarcasm font. Clearly not 47. But a shitload more than we got. Div 7 games get Div 7 umpires but a hint of consistency would be nice.
You won game, yet all you can do is complain about umpiring?
Q.
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 pm

tryharder wrote:

A great game of Div 7 footy. That's a good one pal. I'd rather watch my nephews under 14s. The game might have been a good battle but as for a great game of footy you need to get out more champ

WAFDH

And Tryhard does not have er on the end.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:01 pm

DOC wrote:
tryharder wrote:

WAFDH

Full points for shit attempt at trolling though
Q.
Coach

Postby tryharder » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Q. wrote:
DOC wrote:
tryharder wrote:

WAFDH

Full points for shit attempt at trolling though

You C7 blokes stick together. I'm probably wrong, your footy is awesome and playing against clubs C and D grades is not embarrassing at all.
tryharder
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:16 pm

tryharder wrote:You C7 blokes stick together. I'm probably wrong, your footy is awesome and playing against clubs C and D grades is not embarrassing at all.

Please regale us with tales of your achievements at AFL level
Q.
Coach

Postby kodakman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Q. wrote:
tryharder wrote:You C7 blokes stick together. I'm probably wrong, your footy is awesome and playing against clubs C and D grades is not embarrassing at all.

Have heard today that a really fat man who used to coach Mitchell Park is playing for Ramco. They’ll need Omar the Tent Man to find a jumper for his massive 160kg body
Last edited by kodakman on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kodakman
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:06 pm

kodakman wrote:
Q. wrote:

Have heard today that a really fat man who used to coach Mitchell Park is playing for Ramco. They’ll need Omar the Tent Man un to find a jumper for his massive 160kg body

Your a very funny man Billy. Stick to your bedroom antics buddy
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby kodakman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
kodakman wrote:
Q. wrote:

Have heard today that a really fat man who used to coach Mitchell Park is playing for Ramco. They’ll need Omar the Tent Man un to find a jumper for his massive 160kg body

Your a very funny man Billy. Stick to your bedroom antics buddy

You should be banned for outing me. Shouldn’t mention my name. On rule for some on this forum and one rule for others
kodakman
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Courtney Fish » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Q. wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:
47 free kicks.. really

If I did it after a loss it sounds like an excuse. I made one comment, the rest were in response to comments like yours. Are you sticking up for them because you think they were great. Although we won, it was a frustrating game to watch. Shouldn't have been that close for many reasons.
We need your goalkicking coach. Only kicking one point in those conditions was pretty good, where for the second week in a row we nearly kicked ourselves out of the game. Only a clutch goal from the boundary into the wind late putting us in front.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:If I did it after a loss it sounds like an excuse. I made one comment, the rest were in response to comments like yours. Are you sticking up for them because you think they were great. Although we won, it was a frustrating game to watch. Shouldn't have been that close for many reasons.
We need your goalkicking coach. Only kicking one point in those conditions was pretty good, where for the second week in a row we nearly kicked ourselves out of the game. Only a clutch goal from the boundary into the wind late putting us in front.

The umpiring was inconsistent for sure, but your claim that it greatly favored one side is ridiculous. You complained about the umpires last week too, can't imagine the rant you'll go on if you lose!

I think you have a bigger concern than umpiring or goalkicking - your Reserves couldn't even register a major, so you'd want to hope your depth is never tested this year.
Q.
Coach

Postby Courtney Fish » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Q. wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:If I did it after a loss it sounds like an excuse. I made one comment, the rest were in response to comments like yours. Are you sticking up for them because you think they were great. Although we won, it was a frustrating game to watch. Shouldn't have been that close for many reasons.

The umpiring was inconsistent for sure, but your claim that it greatly favored one side is ridiculous. You complained about the umpires last week too, can't imagine the rant you'll go on if you lose!

I think you have a bigger concern than umpiring or goalkicking - your Reserves couldn't even register a major, so you'd want to hope your depth is never tested this year.

I was querying new rules last week and said they were great umpies last week. But take it as you will.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
Q. wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:
47 free kicks.. really

If I did it after a loss it sounds like an excuse. I made one comment, the rest were in response to comments like yours. Are you sticking up for them because you think they were great. Although we won, it was a frustrating game to watch. Shouldn't have been that close for many reasons.

A Div 7 team has a goal kicking coach? Just getting them to hit their boot would be an achievment ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League