Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby tigerfan11 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:30 am

Richler is perfect for ATCA, and East Torrens need someone from outside. I would look at JOHN Palmer or Russell Thompson... can see the positive effect at Adelaide and Sturt of the better coaches in SA coming back into the club System. What are the bad reports on Sturt coach? We only hear good things at the Bay about Cameron. Grant Francis has got to know him well. Damon Kerr is likely to come back home.
tigerfan11
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby backoftheroom » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:06 am

tigerfan11 wrote:Richler is perfect for ATCA, and East Torrens need someone from outside. I would look at JOHN Palmer or Russell Thompson... can see the positive effect at Adelaide and Sturt of the better coaches in SA coming back into the club System. What are the bad reports on Sturt coach? We only hear good things at the Bay about Cameron. Grant Francis has got to know him well. Damon Kerr is likely to come back home.

Damon Kerr re-signed at Port about 2 weeks ago for next season, won't be moving to Glenelg. Cameron can be quite an abrasive character from what I'm told. I've only ever chatted to him in passing but he does have a bit of an arrogant aura around him. I had heard similar rumours with the Kelly boys, vice versa with the Robins' due to a family connection the other way. Would be significant moves if either eventuated but both unlikely.
backoftheroom

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Hound » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Can say that DK staying at PT A.
New advertisement for a coach coming out soon, watch the space. North Eastern based club!
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Is Ben Johnswood going on?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 am

Peter Sleep helping to coach Sri Lanka I'm hearing!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Peter Sleep helping to coach Sri Lanka I'm hearing!
Should be a culture shock........for the Sri Lankans!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:24 pm

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Peter Sleep helping to coach Sri Lanka I'm hearing!
Should be a culture shock........for the Sri Lankans!

They will have to quickly establish a bullsh*t filter :D

He is a great man Sounda, grumpy old man but a great man non the less. A very good coach, his impact at TTGDCC cant be understated

Amazing opportunity for him and wish him well!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby tigerfan11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am

Footy smart, didn’t you say earlier sleep had a few years away from TTG? So did He have 2 stints?

If ET have eichler as coach, their culture won’t change, they need an outsider, otherwise the good kids will never have a chance - When was their last junior to play consistent first class? Is robins a jnr or did he come from NT? Played for strike in Redbacks league. He is their only chance.

Just saw the 19s squad released, Sturt and kensi dominate. interesting TTG have 0 based on they won the flag and lost a semi in the 2s?? Brazell their only genuine kid coming through it seems, they have a young leggy too? Footy smart might have some answers on why no TTG talent is in the 19s, and I see some 3rd grade cricketers made it.

What is uni going to do with no Borgas?? Any genuine rumours?? Palmer a good fit, works at Adelaide oval and could work for juggling SACA work.

Prospect I heard have some work to do, Zessers walked because the club advertised after Christmas, but then stayed on. Hastwell a better person than that, so likely some one else with an agenda. Any pirates fans on here?

Woodville love McNally, a players coach. Real question lies with player 7-16, would have won the flag if had more depth than Neilson - Andrews - Turley - Dick man - McInerney. Can Woodville develop rather then recruit, tough area for them.

Hopefully this sparks some REAL forum chat rather than same “gatting” bashing or poor statements/rumours that can not be back up with truth.
tigerfan11
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Hound » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 am

If ND's, SD's. Pros, ET, Uni, TTG that's nearly half the clubs looking for new coaches!

FS,NG,AB, BF, b.b - chances of Bradbrook returning to TTG?
Would think that Hilyard would get Uni's if Borgas gone
I am hearing ET considering an English coach and no it's not "2 clubs" in one season :lol:

Any ATCA coaches out there looking to get to back into PC?

Goodwood new coach from the Buffs?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Fightclub » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:15 pm

tigerfan11 wrote:Footy smart, didn’t you say earlier sleep had a few years away from TTG? So did He have 2 stints?

If ET have eichler as coach, their culture won’t change, they need an outsider, otherwise the good kids will never have a chance - When was their last junior to play consistent first class? Is robins a jnr or did he come from NT? Played for strike in Redbacks league. He is their only chance.

What is uni going to do with no Borgas?? Any genuine rumours?? Palmer a good fit, works at Adelaide oval and could work for juggling SACA work.

Hopefully this sparks some REAL forum chat rather than same “gatting” bashing or poor statements/rumours that can not be back up with truth.

Did Weaver step in for a year at TTG between Cameron and Sleep? A chance he could do it again, maybe.

Not sure if Eichler has put his hand up, I believe Wayne was still keen to stay on at ET, they have put the add out to see what is out there, so still a chance of no change of coach there. But that’s all guess work. Last junior to play first class is Jake Lehmann, played juniors at ET. Robins is an ET junior, but spent a lot of time up in the NT also, hence playing for the strike. I think you’ll find a lot of ET’s squad are from the junior set up, aside from Zampa, who rarely plays.

Maybe Uni can internationally source a coach with all their players.
Fightclub
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Fightclub wrote:
tigerfan11 wrote:Footy smart, didn’t you say earlier sleep had a few years away from TTG? So did He have 2 stints?

Did Weaver step in for a year at TTG between Cameron and Sleep? A chance he could do it again, maybe.

Not sure if Eichler has put his hand up, I believe Wayne was still keen to stay on at ET, they have put the add out to see what is out there, so still a chance of no change of coach there. But that’s all guess work. Last junior to play first class is Jake Lehmann, played juniors at ET. Robins is an ET junior, but spent a lot of time up in the NT also, hence playing for the strike. I think you’ll find a lot of ET’s squad are from the junior set up, aside from Zampa, who rarely plays.

Maybe Uni can internationally source a coach with all their players.

weaves did step in for one year as the HP squad coach and sleepy assisted Matt Primer with the development squad. Sleepy was still very much around the place even without a specific role.

Bradbrook was out at TTG purely at the request of Sleepy and his nephew Cam Fullgrabe was still involved with the club at that stage before heading to ET for greater opportunity
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Burras » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:57 pm

tigerfan11 wrote:
Just saw the 19s squad released, Sturt and kensi dominate. interesting TTG have 0 based on they won the flag and lost a semi in the 2s?? Brazell their only genuine kid coming through it seems, they have a young leggy too? Footy smart might have some answers on why no TTG talent is in the 19s, and I see some 3rd grade cricketers made it.

Think you'll find a lot of TTG's talent will feature in the U17's.... Brazell, Worden, Pannell and Ross are all players who will feature in the 17's system and have had 2 season at senior level (some of them 3!)
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Would Bradbrook go back to Salisbury if he's not at East Torrens?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Fightclub » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Would Bradbrook go back to Salisbury if he's not at East Torrens?

I think he would go back, I’m sure ND has asked the question.

With the amount of coaching roles floating around it may be a matter of the domino effect once the first goes down.
Fightclub
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby bunji » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Burras wrote:
tigerfan11 wrote:

Think you'll find a lot of TTG's talent will feature in the U17's.... Brazell, Worden, Pannell and Ross are all players who will feature in the 17's system and have had 2 season at senior level (some of them 3!)

What is happening in the Northern, North Eastern and Southern Suburbs of Adelaide, surely we can expect more players coming through to First Class Cricket in this state than is currently happening. Apart from Travis Head and Jake Lehmann, where are the other players from what is a massive area??
Northern Districts have provided some quality players over the years however at the moment it is seriously concerning as to what is happening - are there any players in their country zone who need to be looked at?

TTG seem to be doing the best and they have a number of players in their first grade who came from other clubs, Gatting , Hutchinson, Patrick Page together with Somerfield who came out of Glenelg's country zone in Mount Gambier?

They have no players in the 19 squad and Brazell who is looking like a first grader and possibly Worden in time will be part of the 17 group. ET have King in the 17 squad and a couple in the 19 squad, ND have zero in the 19 squad and this must be of a major concern to everybody in cricket in this state when we look back to some of the quality produced there in the past. Southerns is a massive area and have no-one in the 19 squad - these 2 clubs in particular are seriously concerning from a development perspective in this state.

Surely there are some players in these clubs country zones who need to be looked at, is it time for a radical rethink of what is happening in the development of young players in country SA , looking at the 19 squad apart from Pointon who is a West Torrens country development player where are the country players in the 19 squad ?

To have 17 players in the Under 19 squad from 3 clubs (Kensington,Sturt and West Torrens) is a major concern for cricket in this state - even more concerning is the lack of representation from country South Australia and in particular the Northern and Southern District Clubs. To have a total of 3 players from 6 clubs in the 19 squad is a major concern for grade cricket, 3 clubs have no representation and 3 have only 1 each.

The other major concern is Prospect Cricket Club which has 1 player in the 19 squad, for a club who has finished bottom in first grade 7 times in 10 years!! - where are their players coming from to improve performances?
bunji
Mini-League

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Think there's a few more country players than that. A few country players have moved to Adelaide for study/sport but their origins are country cricket

What are the representations in the other age groups?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Myth » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Sometimes as cricket fans and me included we look into the crystal ball a little too much with these youth squads. There are a lot of quality players that never made these underage squads that played a lot of good A grade cricket and even first class cricket. There are also a lot of busts that have been in underage state squads that couldn’t even cut the mustard at A grade cricket.
Although it helps and really is just a feather in the clubs cap it certainly isn’t the be all and end all.
The Myth

Been liked: 10 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 pm

The Myth wrote:Sometimes as cricket fans and me included we look into the crystal ball a little too much with these youth squads. There are a lot of quality players that never made these underage squads that played a lot of good A grade cricket and even first class cricket. There are also a lot of busts that have been in underage state squads that couldn’t even cut the mustard at A grade cricket.
Although it helps and really is just a feather in the clubs cap it certainly isn’t the be all and end all.
Too right. I have it on good authority that recent former Australian underage player won't be playing cricket at all next season.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:14 pm

AR?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Myth wrote:Sometimes as cricket fans and me included we look into the crystal ball a little too much with these youth squads. There are a lot of quality players that never made these underage squads that played a lot of good A grade cricket and even first class cricket. There are also a lot of busts that have been in underage state squads that couldn’t even cut the mustard at A grade cricket.
Too right. I have it on good authority that recent former Australian underage player won't be playing cricket at all next season.....

Any clues?

It's a shame to see talented kids like Gutschke, Giniotis, Doimo give it away before they've really seen how far they can go. I'm sure there's various reasons why but SA needs to maximise the talent coming through.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps