Round 4 confabulation

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 4 confabulation

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:45 pm

I know this is a bit outlandish but is anyone prepared to cross over yet and join me in believing the Hawks will be back in the top 4.
Dont think we will be the only team to be touched up by Richmond and our record against them isnt great even when we were winning flags.
The only worry for me is the loss of Poppy and Cyril. Luckily only have the roos and saints in the next 2. Swans after that who we can beat blindfolded with our Box Hill team ;)
Mirra looks like he can do a role. Duryea still shits himself, probably only playing because Birchall isnt.
Not sure who comes in for the 2 small forwards lets just hope its not Langford. Cousins, Lovell and Stewart would be in the mix
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I know this is a bit outlandish but is anyone prepared to cross over yet and join me in believing the Hawks will be back in the top 4.
Dont think we will be the only team to be touched up by Richmond and our record against them isnt great even when we were winning flags.
The only worry for me is the loss of Poppy and Cyril. Luckily only have the roos and saints in the next 2. Swans after that who we can beat blindfolded with our Box Hill team ;)
Mirra looks like he can do a role. Duryea still shits himself, probably only playing because Birchall isnt.
Not sure who comes in for the 2 small forwards lets just hope its not Langford. Cousins, Lovell and Stewart would be in the mix
They have surprised this season. Midfield looks solid when O'Meara and Mitchell are up and about.

I dont know about top 4 but they are ******* with my tips thats for sure and look like being in the 8 when it counts. I guess top 4 isnt out of the question.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:16 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I know this is a bit outlandish but is anyone prepared to cross over yet and join me in believing the Hawks will be back in the top 4.

May make bottom of top 8 if they're lucky.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

That must put you top of the bottom 8 then :D
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Yeah no ridiculous predictions from me saying we'll be top 4. We'll end up higher on the ladder than you mob but won't be challenging for the flag.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Bottom 10.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Nope. Cyril is cooked and Poppy has just gone down.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Bottom 10.

Yeah your right but i meant what i said top of the bottom 8, 11th
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Hawks, new flag favs??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:18 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hawks, new flag favs??

:lol:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Corona Man wrote:

Theirs to lose ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mots02 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Theirs to lose ;)

Anything but a premiership from here would have to be deemed a failure ;)
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 852 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:03 pm

mots02 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Theirs to lose ;)

Anything but a premiership from here would have to be deemed a failure ;)

Thats fine, will be no deflection here, thats why we win flags, we welcome the pressure of expectation
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Graham and Hunter both get a week, seems about right.
The Hunter one probably isnt worth a week but i for one am sick of players that after catching someone holding the ball, push their face or body into the turf, its totally unnecessary and hopefully this suspension stamps it out
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Graham and Hunter both get a week, seems about right.
The Hunter one probably isnt worth a week but i for one am sick of players that after catching someone holding the ball, push their face or body into the turf, its totally unnecessary and hopefully this suspension stamps it out
Although it was Papley...
Should have got off on the 'he deserves it cos he has a punchable head' rule... same as Sicily, Balantyne, Wright...

Any others fit that mold?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Graham and Hunter both get a week, seems about right.
Although it was Papley...
Should have got off on the 'he deserves it cos he has a punchable head' rule... same as Sicily, Balantyne, Wright...

Any others fit that mold?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Greene, daylight

Dangerfield, although you would have a bloody big fist
D. Thomas
Polec
Atkins
Daniher
C.Guthrie
Gaff
Bugg
Goddard

Just to name a few
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Thats fine, will be no deflection here, thats why we win flags, we welcome the pressure of expectation

No Expansion or zone changes so no flag to see here.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Don't get the hatred for Greene and don't even mind Sicily but don't get me started on Goddard, Papley and Rance. That Hawk clown who doubled up in front of the umpire the other week despite no one whacking him can GAGF as well.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

I just saw the footage of Lecras bump on Ainsworth which gave Ainsworth concussion. How TF did he get off that???
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 pm

MW wrote:I just saw the footage of Lecras bump on Ainsworth which gave Ainsworth concussion. How TF did he get off that???

I havent seen the incident but i did see Christian answer questions about it.
He said bumping is still within the rules and Lecras couldnt reasonably have foreseen that they were going to clash heads as a result of the bump. Also said he didnt leave the ground and took all the care he couldve to protect the player he was bumping.
Made sense to me without seeing it and im happy if thats the adjudication going forward.
Key point being you are allowed to bump
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL