The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby another grub » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm

How dare the crowveriser write stats 'since magpies became the 'power reserves'

Ffs they are the Port Adelaide football club.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby Ronnie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:05 pm

DoublebluTiger wrote:Another great article by the much respected author Martin Flanagan about the AFL and Australian Rules Football in general, using North Hobart as the example. Worth a read.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/a-vote-of-no-confidence-in-the-afl-in-tasmania-20180412-p4z9as.html

Very interesting article. Clubs like North Hobart deserve better. Unfortunately the power and money is heavily concentrated in AFL headquarters. Very difficult to fight the monster now.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby saintal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:49 pm

A good read about the sport now widely, and sadly, known as AFL. Worth a look.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Spot on.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Fantastic article, thanks for the link.
Tasmania have well and truly been taken from behind in the last 30 years which is sad considering they were one of the main states to have footy as its no 1 game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby holden78 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:35 am

There is no AFL, it’s the VFL and people need to face up to it already ffs :shock:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:24 am

No VFL in the SANFL
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 am

Went to a coaching seminar last night which featured a current AFC development coach and past player, part of the night was on coaching philosophy particularly about winning v development. It will surprise no one on here what they focus on in the SANFL, even discussed the difficulties they have playing against clubs that have the opposite focus.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 am

Well knock me over with a feather...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby beef » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:48 am

Dutchy wrote:Went to a coaching seminar last night which featured a current AFC development coach and past player, part of the night was on coaching philosophy particularly about winning v development. It will surprise no one on here what they focus on in the SANFL, even discussed the difficulties they have playing against clubs that have the opposite focus.

Was that Heath Younie? I got a similar speech doing level 2 coaching course this year. I took it mainly as when he was coaching NAFC underage where development of players is more important than winning. He did say development was most important thing but come last quarter and game is there to win then the sole focus is winning.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 am

beef wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Went to a coaching seminar last night which featured a current AFC development coach and past player, part of the night was on coaching philosophy particularly about winning v development. It will surprise no one on here what they focus on in the SANFL, even discussed the difficulties they have playing against clubs that have the opposite focus.

Was that Heath Younie? I got a similar speech doing level 2 coaching course this year. I took it mainly as when he was coaching NAFC underage where development of players is more important than winning. He did say development was most important thing but come last quarter and game is there to win then the sole focus is winning.

Reilly - I don't blame them BTW, they are doing exactly what is best for them and at least they are not trying to hide it, like in the early days when they said they would always play to the line.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 am

beef wrote:

So when it was anyone's game at 3/4 time at the Bay in their first game there, the Clowns thought they could best win the game by benching their star full forward for the remainder.

... or so I hear; I wasn't there, natch.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:52 pm

You need to ring up AA....i wanna hear Bicks squirm out of it!!!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby oldfella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Junior development should be targetting developing future sanfl league players --- those kids with afl potential will still get there

Interesting with all the sanfl bend over tactics for afl u/18 potential players last draft i believe was the smallest number drafted from sa
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 pm

oldfella wrote:Junior development should be targetting developing future sanfl league players --- those kids with afl potential will still get there

Interesting with all the sanfl bend over tactics for afl u/18 potential players last draft i believe was the smallest number drafted from sa

Who cares how many get drafted from a club ? They dont get rewarded for it . What SANFL tactics ?

What should happen is a player can only be drafted once 19 / 20 and there can be 1 special talented 18 year old drafted . State leagues will be stronger and see the better players for a year or 2 and then physically ready to play AFL. That means less cost the AFL clubs and stronger state leagues . I would love to see the stats of young kids languishing in low state leagues or ones that are injured early due to the rigors of AFL training.
Michael
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby morell » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Majority of Port fans who I know well and those I have met casually do not want the Magpies to leave the SANFL altogether.
I also think it would be a mistake to let them go.
Regardless of who pissed who off first.

C’mon TRB,

‘Apparently’ all Magpies supporters are now Power supporters and all is good coz the Power won a premiership.
Time has healed all wounds as well. :roll:

If you're referencing my comments, bullshit to you, that's not what I said at all.

What part is incorrect then?

The only reason there aren’t many Magpie supporters who don’t follow the Power anymore is coz they walked away altogether.
I know many old Magpie supporters who just walked away and don’t follow the Magpies(if that’s what you call them nowadays) in the SANFL anymore.
Ahhh yes, nothing like personal anecdotes.

Meanwhile

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Any photos of the 6 people that rocked up to save the original PAFC at Footy Park a few years back?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby goddy11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 am

Regardless of who pissed who off first.[/quote]

C’mon TRB,

‘Apparently’ all Magpies supporters are now Power supporters and all is good coz the Power won a premiership.
Time has healed all wounds as well. :roll:[/quote]

If you're referencing my comments, bullshit to you, that's not what I said at all.[/quote]

The only reason there aren’t many Magpie supporters who don’t follow the Power anymore is coz they walked away altogether.
I know many old Magpie supporters who just walked away and don’t follow the Magpies(if that’s what you call them nowadays) in the SANFL anymore.[/quote]Ahhh yes, nothing like personal anecdotes.

Meanwhile

Image[/quote]

Looks like a scene from The Walking Dead.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby MW » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:26 am

judging by the crowds, certainly not a scene from 2018!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby GMcG » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:52 am

goddy11 wrote:Regardless of who pissed who off first.

C’mon TRB,

Time has healed all wounds as well. :roll:[/quote]

If you're referencing my comments, bullshit to you, that's not what I said at all.[/quote]

I know many old Magpie supporters who just walked away and don’t follow the Magpies(if that’s what you call them nowadays) in the SANFL anymore.[/quote]Ahhh yes, nothing like personal anecdotes.

Meanwhile

Image[/quote]

Looks like a scene from The Walking Dead.[/quote]
don't you mean The Brain Dead?
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL