Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

You're a moron, worst coach I've been under this year! [-( :((
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:57 pm

CBC Old Collegians v Smithfield
The Dolphins return to Aldi Arena this weekend to host Smithfield, who will be full of confidence following their first win of the season.

CBCOC head into this match on the back of their first stumble for the season, falling 15 points shy against flag fancies Pulteney in what many predicted would be a preview of what is to come later in the year at the business end of the season.

After a strong start that saw the Dolphins hold a 2 point buffer at the first change, a scoreless second term ultimately proved the difference in the match, as the Blues built a match defining lead.

Daniel Aplin and Matt Raymond continued their fine start to the season, with Matt Partington, Anthony Watkins and Jack Owens off a back flank rounding out their best. Losing ruckman Jarrad Schar late in the game was a significant blow for the Dolphins, whilst recruit Brad Johansen struggled to work his way into the game in trying conditions. They’ll be looking for a better return from Jonty Rutai this weekend to propel them towards a match winning score.

For their opponent Smithfield, in round 1 a poor first quarter in front of goals cost them the victory, and late in the afternoon Saturday must’ve been wondering if it was going to be the case again. Racing out the blocks early against Ingle Farm, the Panthers piled on 3.5.23 to 0.1.1 in the first quarter, but couldn’t put the Bulldogs away who wrestled their way back into the contest.

Scott Webber up forward proved pivotal with 3 goals, whilst Swede Hanuman and Anthony Thompson proved instrumental off the back flanks.

The welcomed return of midfield/forward Michael Ashby was critical as he collected 2 goals and become the link in the chain from defence to attack.
Recruit Tony Lane was difficult to stop across centre half forward, and will be a key cog this weekend if the Panthers are to find the points.

I suspect this will be a physical encounter, but with the Dolphins eager to bounce back, combined with the larger ground at Aldi combined and dry conditions it should suit them better, and do enough to return to the winners circle.

Tip: CBCOC by 5+ goals
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Hectorville v Lockleys
Hectorville currently sitting 1 and 1 on the ladder will be lamenting a lazy last quarter which saw them drop a 9 point buffer to fall to Woodville South by 13 points at the weekend. Early wins are a key, and the Hounds have missed out on a valuable 2pts away from home.

Jake Mazzone continues to be their star performer, with 3 goals to support his best on ground performance, whilst being amply supported by Angus Bressington and Jesse Grace who registered strong performances over 4 quarters. I'd expect Mazzone will receive closer attention this weekend.

Their task gets no easier this weekend however, despite returning home to play, they host early season premiership favourites Lockleys, in what should give them a genuine indication on where they sit in the pecking order.

The Demons brushed aside their namesake from Hope Valley to the tune of 82 points on the weekend. Hayden Martinello proving unstoppable in the ruck, as Liam Narcys and Ryan Langcake feasted off his tap work. Alex Paton continues to enjoy a strong start to the season in front of goals, kicking 6 majors as Lockleys found themselves 11 individual goal kickers.

As if they weren’t looking solid enough, Lockleys welcome back forward recruit Arren Harvey, making them a far more imposing looking outfit. Expect Dylan Kahl to go to Harvey after his impressive efforts last weekend on Casazza, keeping the power forward to a solitary goal.

Hectorville have been good in the opening two rounds, but will now face genuine quality, and will be tested to the extreme. Sean Stormonth will create headaches out wide, and Alex Thorpe will have his work cut out for him keeping pace.

Tip: Lockleys by 67 points
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Pulteney v Kenilworth

The juggernaut of Pulteney won the early season battle of the flag fancies last weekend. In trying conditions, the Blues ran out 15 point winners over CBC Old Collegians to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.

Sheldon Currie scintillating once again off half back, whilst Jack Hoppo-Luckett is proving to be one of the premier midfielders of the competition.

Hayden Cleveland won the battle against former association medallist Jarrad Schar, Jayden Fischer again quality on the wing, and gun forward recruit Tom Langford overcoming 4 defenders to kicking 5 majors.

Oliver March impressed in his first outing, with recruit Daniel Polec being well held. The Blues will be looking for more out of Tom Lawrie, Dalton Tucker and Josh Giddings this weekend who have started the season slowly.

Kenilworth on the other hand have shown in two games, despite being without a victory, that they will not be easy beats, as they made Blackfriars OS work hard for their 30 point victory on the vast expanses of St Marys Park.

Daniel Delawyer kicked two goals for the Kookaburras, the midfielder combining with Nathan Ryles and Jay Savage to drive Kenilworth forward. Myles Krakouer and Jordan Wilson-King rounded out the best for the Kookaburras.

Interesting matchup this weekend, the smaller ground of Morgan Oval will prove difficult for Kenilworth to control possession in the congestion, and the big question will be can they stop Langford?

The Kookas will need big performances from Tom Sclanders, Lachlan Richter and Nick Chesser to genuinely challenge here.

Despite their respectable results to start the season, I fear this one may turn ugly.

Tip: Pulteney by 10+ goals
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Blackfriars OS v Hope Valley
Blackfriars return home this weekend with an even ledger after doing enough to secure their first points of the season last weekend, overcoming a gallant Kenilworth by 30 points.

Gun forward Anthony Scaffidi-Muta was held goalless, leaving it to the remainder of the Hounds line up to chip in and find avenues to goal.
Aaron Smith, Matt Rivett and ruckman Matt Brincat all registered majors and figured amongst the best for Blackfriars, with Michael Spry and Phuoc Vo also proving dangerous across half forward.

Hope Valley on the other hand struggled to get going at the weekend against powerhouse Lockleys. The Demons going down by 82 points despite the best efforts of club legend Lee Duggan, big man Matt Hellmans and tiny midfielder Nathan Buck - both who are missing this weekend. Daniel Williamson should provide plenty of drive though.

Daniel Tanczos with two goals and Devin Payne also battled hard for Hope Valley, but Tom Riddle was comprehensively beaten in the middle of the ground, which must be of concern for the Demons, as they come up against another top shelf ruck this weekend in Brincat.

Hope Valley were in the contest in round 1 against Woodville South until ¾ time, and will be hoping to replicate that effort, whereas Blackfriars will be eager to send a message to the rest of the competition with a comprehensive victory.

The hounds defensive pressure and efforts are quality, the question still remains if they can kick a dominate score if Scaffidi-Muta is held. The smaller ground should work in Hope Valleys favour to create a sharper contest.

Tip: Blackfriars OS by 4 goals
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Ingle Farm v Woodville South
Football is the winner here.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Good write ups. I’ll be very interested to see how we go against Pultney. We have had moments in both our first 2 games but haven’t been good enough to capitalise. Welcome back the clearance king tomorrow and some other handy players. Should be a top game against a very good opponent.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:I hope the tribunal deals with this appropriately or the bloke has already taken the penalty on the chin.

Looking at the tribunal listing, appears he had no case to answer for... was this a case of a Pulteney over reaction? :-k

So nothing happened then?
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:I hope the tribunal deals with this appropriately or the bloke has already taken the penalty on the chin.

Looking at the tribunal listing, appears he had no case to answer for... was this a case of a Pulteney over reaction? :-k

Hey coach

What's the harm in letting "the round one" providing an impartial and unbiased review of Ingle Farm games (if he can keep his trap shut and do so)

Go on, be a sport and let him ;)

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on ;) :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:"the round one"

:o I might have a feeling ya know.

Ah who the hell am I kidding haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:"the round one"

:o I might have a feeling ya know.

Ah who the hell am I kidding haha!

We all share your pain, :lol: :oops:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Hey coach

What's the harm in letting "the round one" providing an impartial and unbiased review of Ingle Farm games (if he can keep his trap shut and do so)

Go on, be a sport and let him ;)

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on ;) :lol:

No
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:No

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ruthless!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 pm

:roll:

Footy Chick

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Wasn’t there but Kookas walk away from Pultney with a win in A’s and B’s
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Enter votes.. bedges arrow..
1) Pulteney
2) Ingle Farm
3) umpires
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:52 pm

3 Part Special!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:40 am

Arrow been put away Bedge?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 am

Arrow put away.. would've only ended badly on the first two points, and despite me really wanting to have a crack at the umpires as well, I fear would've just made me look like a sore loser.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:50 am

The Bedge wrote:Arrow put away.. would've only ended badly on the first two points, and despite me really wanting to have a crack at the umpires as well, I fear would've just made me look like a sore loser.

Is there still a page where you can see umpire appointments?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League