Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby LMA » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:
AFL wrote:GEELONG captain Joel Selwood is free to play against Sydney on Saturday after the AFL Tribunal overturned his one-match suspension for striking Port Adelaide dog Lindsay Thomas.

Selwood told the Tribunal he had approached Thomas immediately after the Port forward smashed his brother Scott gutlessly with the sole intention of telling him he had committed an "effing dog act".

The Cats star conceded he had made contact with Thomas' head with his left fist, but advised he would have done more damage if he hit him somewhere else.

Selwood also argued that if Power supporters want to beat the shit out of each other he should be able to smack the crap out of a dog, and pointed out to the tribinal that Port are Geelong's bitches so dog acts are expected.

So Selwood retaliates and gets off, Thomas retaliates and gets a week. The more I see the incident, the more I think mass over reaction. That hit wouldn't even make the top 100 bumps in AFL history, I actually thought his bump on Henry was harder. What about the 'Dog' act in the game where Saint Selwood kicked Wingard as he passed him.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:25 am

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
AFL wrote:GEELONG captain Joel Selwood is free to play against Sydney on Saturday after the AFL Tribunal overturned his one-match suspension for striking Port Adelaide dog Lindsay Thomas.

Selwood told the Tribunal he had approached Thomas immediately after the Port forward smashed his brother Scott gutlessly with the sole intention of telling him he had committed an "effing dog act".

The Cats star conceded he had made contact with Thomas' head with his left fist, but advised he would have done more damage if he hit him somewhere else.

Selwood also argued that if Power supporters want to beat the shit out of each other he should be able to smack the crap out of a dog, and pointed out to the tribinal that Port are Geelong's bitches so dog acts are expected.

So Selwood retaliates and gets off, Thomas retaliates and gets a week. The more I see the incident, the more I think mass over reaction. That hit wouldn't even make the top 100 bumps in AFL history, I actually thought his bump on Henry was harder. What about the 'Dog' act in the game where Saint Selwood kicked Wingard as he passed him.

:lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 am

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Geelong are the most kissed on the dick team in the history of the sport.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 am

morell wrote:Geelong are the most kissed on the dick team in the history of the sport.

119 times to be precise....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am

morell wrote:
LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Geelong are the most kissed on the dick team in the history of the sport.

Certainly at the tribunal and by the umpires they are, especially Duckwood and Dangerflog. Not sure they are when they play the Hawks in big cut throat games :D :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MW » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm

SPP gets 3 games so will miss this week and be back following week. Interesting that "inappropriate contact with a female" allows him to play SANFL though.
Port to challenge?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:46 pm

He will play today at Unley
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm

DOC wrote:He will play today at Unley

I’m sure the Unley locals will give him plenty of “advice”
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:05 pm

MW wrote:SPP gets 3 games so will miss this week and be back following week. Interesting that "inappropriate contact with a female" allows him to play SANFL though.
Port to challenge?

There are so many bizarre things about this 'case'. It's been handled very poorly.
Don't reveal the findings, but suspend him. Suspend him, but let play SANFL.
I dohn geddit.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Strange.
Can and will PAFC challenge the ban?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Strange.
Can and will PAFC challenge the ban?

Port have said in a statement that SPP has accepted the ban.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
MW wrote:SPP gets 3 games so will miss this week and be back following week. Interesting that "inappropriate contact with a female" allows him to play SANFL though.
Port to challenge?

There are so many bizarre things about this 'case'. It's been handled very poorly.
Don't reveal the findings, but suspend him. Suspend him, but let play SANFL.
I dohn geddit.

I'm sure the end of the women's comp, the Katie Brennan GF suspension fiasco (wouldn't have got it if she was a man), the fact the only two womens coaches in the AFLW have "resigned", and a male was appointed as the new Carlton AFLW coach this week. I'm sure non of these events are related to the SPP decision....

I mean the opportunity to show the AFL community (read Victorian market) that the AFL is "Serious" about womens issues by taking a firm line against a young player from a non-Victorian club would not have even entered the consciousness of those within VFL House...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby saintal » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 pm

3 weeks seems over the top. To be allowed to serve the final week in the SANFL is a disgrace
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Disgraceful. Suspended for what? AFL making rules up as they go. Can’t wait for Channel 7 to be sued the **** out of
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby MW » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:01 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Disgraceful. Suspended for what? AFL making rules up as they go. Can’t wait for Channel 7 to be sued the **** out of

It says what he is suspended for in the statement
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Said a month was about right.

He put himself in that situation. Zero sympathy
morell
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:22 pm

morell wrote:Said a month was about right.

Don’t have sympathy for him being suspended by the club for being pissed, he deserves that. It’s the AFL that have pissed me right off and the witch hunt by 7. The AFL have suspended him for being drunk and have classed it under another rule of theirs. It’s **** to say the least. Channel 7 happy to smash him, yet employ women bashers like Carey
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Should probs stop posting. Drinking from 6am probably doesn’t leave many good things left to come out of my mouth
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby morell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
morell wrote:Said a month was about right.

Don’t have sympathy for him being suspended by the club for being pissed, he deserves that. It’s the AFL that have pissed me right off and the witch hunt by 7. The AFL have suspended him for being drunk and have classed it under another rule of theirs. It’s **** to say the least. Channel 7 happy to smash him, yet employ women bashers like Carey

Whether it's a month for drinking and being a knob or a month for pinching a girls ass is inconsequential to me.

His behaviour and actions were unacceptable for a modern AFL footballer.

Hope he learns his lesson.
morell
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:04 pm

I think once again this a case of us having know idea what happened. No doubt Port are the closest to knowing the true story.

Have heard rumours from mates who supposedly at said venue that they believe this is alledgedly 'strike one.'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL