What's inconsistent?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 pm

RustyCage wrote:
MW wrote:Apparently the unley faithful have welcomed SPP back to footy...

Funnily enough it took the morons a whole quarter to realise SPP and Crompton weren’t the same person. For the whole game they were yelling out crap about Pittard any time Leinert went near the ball. A simple bunch at Unley

Port fans calling Sturt fans simple :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 pm

MW wrote:What's inconsistent?

Well the Dusty one for starters, abusive and threatening towards a woman. No Suspension even after admitting wrongdoing and apologising.

Ironically that woman went to Channel 7 also
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 pm

LMA wrote:

Well the Dusty one for starters, abusive and threatening towards a woman. No Suspension even after admitting wrongdoing and apologising.

Not that either is acceptable but there is a big difference between being abusive and making inappropriate contact with a female.
The only thing ironic about things being on Channel 7 is Koch works there.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 pm

looking forward to that battle to play out...koch vs his employer
MW
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:37 pm

you know what i cant be bothered by it all. for those that seen my post i stand by it.
AFL have rail roaded SPP here, no other conclusion to be drawn
Last edited by daysofourlives on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:

Not that either is acceptable but there is a big difference between being abusive and making inappropriate contact with a female.

Agreed that neither is acceptable but you and I are in no position to decide which is worse for a female, verbal abuse can be just as damaging. I was just pointing out the fact that both acts were towards woman and one went unpunished. Granted the fact that there was no AFLW back then so the AFL are more likely to scrutinize now.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby MW » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 am

daysofourlives wrote:you know what i cant be bothered by it all. for those that seen my post i stand by it.
AFL have rail roaded SPP here, no other conclusion to be drawn

You stand by a post you deleted?
MW
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 am

RustyCage wrote:Image

According to this list, you can do a lot and not get suspended!

Maybe it’s Karma with the Jarmen Impey affair last year(or year before).

His act of stupidity was as bad as any and he got away with it...... as far as the police go.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 am

Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:

I think you'll find 2018 looks at verbal abuse/assault just as seriously as it does physical abuse/assault. I'd certainly not argue the difference with anyone.

Keep in mind Martin allegedly stood over the woman and threatened to "stab her in the head" with a chopstick. Ultimately he was found not guilty of threatening her life due to a lack of evidence and was given a suspended $5000 fine from the club, not the AFL, for "being drunk and exhibiting obnoxious behavior". Seems familiar.

The fine was suspended as the club felt the damage to his reputation was punishment enough. The AFL accepted this. Doesn't seem consistent with what's just unfolded but thinking the AFL might show a modicum of consistency is probably mine, or our error, not theirs.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:56 am

RustyCage wrote:Image

According to this list, you can do a lot and not get suspended!

Times change, what Jaensch allegedly did was rumored to be far worse than what SPP has been accused of but the AFL probably didn't have a department there just to deal with such matters nor a policy to do so.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:02 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:

I think you'll find 2018 looks at verbal abuse/assault just as seriously as it does physical abuse/assault.

No, I think you will find more people are arrested and jailed for physical assault than verbal abuse.
Otherwise most Power supporters at Adelaide Oval would have been put away by now.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Do you know what time the Power's press conference is on?
Reports out of Melbourne this morning indicate it will be interesting.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 am

One thing clubs have never come out on top of is taking on the AFL. Port about to play a very dangerous game here. Press conference is going to be very interesting...
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am

Wedgie wrote:No, I think you will find more people are arrested and jailed for physical assault than verbal abuse.
Otherwise most Power supporters at Adelaide Oval would have been put away by now.

There's no doubt more people are put away for physical abuse/assault, but I wouldn't argue that verbal abuse/assault is any less traumatic in some cases for the victim.

Presser is 12:30.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:No, I think you will find more people are arrested and jailed for physical assault than verbal abuse.

There's no doubt more people are put away for physical abuse/assault, but I wouldn't argue that verbal abuse/assault is any less traumatic in some cases for the victim.

Presser is 12:30.

Thanks for the info re the press conference.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 am

MW wrote:One thing clubs have never come out on top of is taking on the AFL. Port about to play a very dangerous game here. Press conference is going to be very interesting...
Essentially they arent taking them on as they have accepted the ban for there player. So saying they are dissapointed Bout the outcome or how it was handled is probably just hoe hum really. Although Koshie has made a statement this morning giving the AFL a serve, the only thing interesting is that he is saying the AFL integrity unit refused to look at the cctv footage. If true that would be a bit strange.

You re right though, you wont win by taking on the AFL. Basically Port can look forward to hosting only low crowd pulling teams at AO and enjoy 2 trips to Perth and probably tassie next year.

The AFL wins, always.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:21 am

stan wrote:
MW wrote:One thing clubs have never come out on top of is taking on the AFL. Port about to play a very dangerous game here. Press conference is going to be very interesting...
Essentially they arent taking them on as they have accepted the ban for there player. So saying they are dissapointed Bout the outcome or how it was handled is probably just hoe hum really. Although Koshie has made a statement this morning giving the AFL a serve, the only thing interesting is that he is saying the AFL integrity unit refused to look at the cctv footage. If true that would be a bit strange.

You re right though, you wont win by taking on the AFL. Basically Port can look forward to hosting only low crowd pulling teams at AO and enjoy 2 trips to Perth and probably tassie next year.

The AFL wins, always.

We go to Melbourne > Perth >Showdown > Shanghai have a week off and then go to Tassie in the next 5 weeks. They couldn't make it any harder, could they? :lol:

I think the club will focus on the way the investigation was handled.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:

The AFL wins, always.

We go to Melbourne > Perth >Showdown > Shanghai have a week off and then go to Tassie in the next 5 weeks. They couldn't make it any harder, could they? [emoji38]

I think the club will focus on the way the investigation was handled.
lol good luck with that.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:37 am

PORT Adelaide president David Koch has released an explosive statement to Triple M following the AFL’s investigation into Sam Powell-Pepper, claiming the league’s integrity officer “refused to see” CCTV footage of the nightclub incident.
Powell-Pepper was suspended by the AFL for a further week following an alcohol-fuelled incident at an Adelaide nightclub.

An AFL investigation found the 20-year-old engaged in conduct “unbecoming for an AFL player by being intoxicated in a public place and by making inappropriate contact with a female” earlier this month.

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas on Wednesday said the club felt the AFL-led investigation took “longer to reach a conclusion than preferred” but would comment further on Thursday

And Koch on Thursday morning gave a snapshot into the club’s disappointment for the AFL.

“I’ve seen a lot of statements from footy officials in my eight or nine-year media career. This is the strongest I’ve ever seen,” Triple M reporter Tom Browne said.

In a statement to Browne and Triple M, Koch said the league was “railroading” Powell-Pepper just months after two former AFL executive, Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss, quit over affairs.

“The whole respect and responsibility policy leaves the clubs in the dark. They take complete control. I issued them a grievance notice before they would start talking sense,” Koch said.

“My biggest issue was they are railroading a kid and trying to re-build their reputation with women because of the misdemeanours of their own former executives.

“In Sam Powell-Pepper’s case, a woman anonymously made these claims, did not press charges with police — which we were happy for her to do. We have vision of the entire night and the head of the integrity unit refused to see it.

“I’m putting it on the agenda at the next president’s meeting’.”

Browne added that the Power have “high profile support from at least one other club”.

he AFL declined to comment when contacted by foxfooty.com.au on Thursday morning.

The league will be watching Port Adelaide’s press conference around the findings of the Powell-Pepper investigation on Thursday afternoon closely.

Powell-Pepper served a one-game club ban in Round 4 for breaking team rules by being drunk in a public place and out past curfew then chose to sit out last weekend’s match against Geelong.

Because his transgressions were off-field, however, Powell-Pepper was given the all-clear to play for Port Adelaide’s SANFL team in their Anzac Day game against Sturt.

On Monday, David Koch railed against the AFL, claiming the integrity unit’s report had been completed last week but club officials had only been given a summary.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/david- ... c43d3a2073
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am

Enjoy your trip to play your preseason games in Antarctica next season. Also enjoy your permanent Sunday 4pm time slot.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL