R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:18 am

Fraser Evans is building quite a resume, would be worth a crack at a higher level as a mature aged rookie I would have thought.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:Fraser Evans is building quite a resume, would be worth a crack at a higher level as a mature aged rookie I would have thought.

Very solid defender who reads the ball very well, might be past it at 27 though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:Fraser Evans is building quite a resume, would be worth a crack at a higher level as a mature aged rookie I would have thought.

Fraser probably has the best kick in the comp over 40m-50m and consistently hits up a team mate 50m away, it’s a huge weapon coming out of defence. As has been mentioned I’d say both Fraser and Jack Stephens have missed the AFL boat but Evans has an AFL standard leg on him.
Sturt still have Sutcliffe, Hansen, Taggert and Sumner to come back into the team. Good to see Leinert and Trengove best for Port, Sturt guns, it’s the best game I’ve seen Irra play also.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:

Fraser probably has the best kick in the comp over 40m-50m and consistently hits up a team mate 50m away, it’s a huge weapon coming out of defence. As has been mentioned I’d say both Fraser and Jack Stephens have missed the AFL boat but Evans has an AFL standard leg on him.
Sturt still have Sutcliffe, Hansen, Taggert and Sumner to come back into the team. Good to see Leinert and Trengove best for Port, Sturt guns, it’s the best game I’ve seen Irra play also.

Irra was one of the defenders who bucked the game plan and took the game on, clearly his best game in the black and white.

Not questioning Fraser one bit, he takes plenty of contested marks, but he does however play the role of third man / loose man and has the luxury of time and space to use the ball quite often in Mattner's game style.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:

Irra was one of the defenders who bucked the game plan and took the game on, clearly his best game in the black and white.

Not questioning Fraser one bit, he takes plenty of contested marks, but he does however play the role of third man / loose man and has the luxury of time and space to use the ball quite often in Mattner's game style.
Irra was excellent in trying to take the game in the last half, the game was out of reach and he did make some mistakes but at least he was trying to create some kind of spark. And his mistakes didn't look that bad compared to some otlf the other mistakes made gifting Sturt goals.

Jack Stevens is a gun and I thought Jack Trengrove was very good for Port. I can see why Pittard isn't playing with the Power, turned it over a fair bit and gifted Sturt a few goals.

Powell-Pepper was undisciplined at times giving away free kicks but he work hard around the contest. He looked to go long by foot a fair bit but was kicking and hoping to no advantage of a team mate.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby UK Fan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Great day to celebrate 50 years since our 68 flag and good to get to The President’s Lunch before the game. Great crowd and turnout, even about 8 people up on a house roof at the northern end like the old days.
Not sure how Pickled Pear can be eligible to play today, pretty poor form by Port and the AFL. I thought SANFL clubs get fined if they field a player that wasn’t listed in the initial squad.
Great win Blues.

As the AFL suspension relates to off field matters the suspension doesn't cover the SANFL, under current rules which seems farcical. If you're suspended, you're suspended, but,under current SANFL rules if an AFL listed player is available and eligible to play, he must, it's sort of the "play to the line" rule, so the SANFL are as confused as the AFL are on this one.

I believe the fine will be $500.

Farcical as you say. Club imposed suspensions fair enough AFL imposed must cross all codes in the future

If he’s guilty of what he’s been charged with as the afl is stating why is he playing any footy at all ???

"Inappropriate contact", what's fair you reckon, 20 years non parole, life?

Tough one ?? Depends if SPP was thruthful thru out or if he lied as to how severe his penalty should be imho!!

And that if suspended by his league it should stand across all levels of football.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Yep if you’re suspended then you don’t play anywhere.
That’s bullsh*t he played in the sanfl
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:49 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Yep if you’re suspended then you don’t play anywhere.
That’s bullsh*t he played in the sanfl

But he wasn't suspended was he?

Wasn't he suspended first week, then opted to make himself U/A for the second, then the AFL suspended him late yesterday for an additional week?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Great day to celebrate 50 years since our 68 flag and good to get to The President’s Lunch before the game. Great crowd and turnout, even about 8 people up on a house roof at the northern end like the old days.
Not sure how Pickled Pear can be eligible to play today, pretty poor form by Port and the AFL. I thought SANFL clubs get fined if they field a player that wasn’t listed in the initial squad.
Great win Blues.

As the AFL suspension relates to off field matters the suspension doesn't cover the SANFL, under current rules which seems farcical. If you're suspended, you're suspended, but,under current SANFL rules if an AFL listed player is available and eligible to play, he must, it's sort of the "play to the line" rule, so the SANFL are as confused as the AFL are on this one.

I believe the fine will be $500.

This is bull$hit. He’s not eligible to play as he’s never been listed in the squad on the team sheets that had to be finalised by Monday. By definition he’s not eligible. Not only for this very obvious and basic reason but I’m pretty sure this very rule was changed this year for guess who???? A Port player. Wasn’t it changed to allow Port to play Summerton even if there was a fit and eligible AFL listed player available to take his spot?
This is laughable.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Farcical by the AFL and spineless by the SANFL to say "Thanks, but no thanks" yesterday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:43 pm

The PAFC know the rules, they should have never played SPP yesterday.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The PAFC know the rules, they should have never played SPP yesterday.

LOL, that's why they did mate. The SANFL's rules state that if an AFL listed player is eligible and available he must play.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:The PAFC know the rules, they should have never played SPP yesterday.

LOL, that's why they did mate. The SANFL's rules state that if an AFL listed player is eligible and available he must play.

He wasn’t listed on the team sheet?
What is the point of a team sheet being submitted if you just change it when you feel like it?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Booney wrote:Farcical by the AFL and spineless by the SANFL to say "Thanks, but no thanks" yesterday.

So you agree that there was nothing to say at all that he was eligible to play yesterday, that Port weren’t forced to play him due to SANFL rules and it was Port’s decision to have him play, anything else is hiding behind mis-truths.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:59 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

What is the point of a team sheet being submitted if you just change it when you feel like it?

Team sheet? I'd say he was.

In the named squad? i'd imagine he wasn't, thus the $500 fine.

Anyway, you're going at the wrong organisation here, it's the SANFL that should have stood up and said he wasn't allowed to play, it's their competition and their rules, our club, yours and mine, just followed the SANFL rules. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Booney wrote:

Not according to the rule change that allows Port to play Summerton to play even if there’s AFL listed players that can take his spot.
Which rule is it today?
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:01 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:

Not according to the rule change that allows Port to play Summerton to play even if there’s AFL listed players that can take his spot.
Which rule is it today?

Like I said mate, it's the SANFL putting the rules in place, not us.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Team sheet? I'd say he was.

In the named squad? i'd imagine he wasn't, thus the $500 fine.

Anyway, you're going at the wrong organisation here, it's the SANFL that should have stood up and said he wasn't allowed to play, it's their competition and their rules, our club, yours and mine, just followed the SANFL rules. ;)

My club died when your mob wanted a reserves side and decided that 140 years of tradition meant nothing
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:

Which rule is it today?

But it’s Port hiding behind “SANFL Rules force us to play him” which plainly isn’t true, nor was he eligible. How much more can they totally f*** up over this?
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:

Which rule is it today?

Coz KT never requests rule changes of the SANFL does he?

Stop looking for loop holes and making request for rule changes and just play by the same rules as every other sanfl team.

Maybe just maybe people might start respecting the PAFC again.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL