Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm

UK Fan wrote:Koch dragging Simkiss and Lethlean into why spp suspended.

Gold!!!!!

Koch complaining about how afl treats Pafc. No mirrors at alberton obviously.

Plenty of smoke and mirrors though depending on who you believe.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Booney wrote:The young woman involved reportedly told the club she wanted "just a warning" given to SPP.

Dunno about that.
If that was the case & the integrity unit sussed her surely they'd say ''yeah ok we'll leave it at that''. You'd think that they'd be pretty worried that if they just dismissed it & the chick arked up to the media again the AFL would be well & truly on the back foot the feedback would be savage, reckon she wanted a bit more than just a warning.
According to the youngest groinfruit that club is a well known Power aftergame spot, you'd hope that ( if there were any other players there) they'd pull him off to a cab well before he was that soozled.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Booney wrote:The young woman involved reportedly told the club she wanted "just a warning" given to SPP.

Dunno about that.
If that was the case & the integrity unit sussed her surely they'd say ''yeah ok we'll leave it at that''. You'd think that they'd be pretty worried that if they just dismissed it & the chick arked up to the media again the AFL would be well & truly on the back foot the feedback would be savage, reckon she wanted a bit more than just a warning.
According to the youngest groinfruit that club is a well known Power aftergame spot, you'd hope that ( if there were any other players there) they'd pull him off to a cab well before he was that soozled.

Don't think they're that close!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:56 pm

ha yeah saw that after I pressed submit, trust your pervy mind to pick it up. (laughy girly smiley emotion thingy)
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:ha yeah saw that after I pressed submit, trust your pervy mind to pick it up. (laughy girly smiley emotion thingy)

It's the industry/job I work in, general question is "can you get it off tonight? and the board"
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Salt n pepa or Sam Powell pepper

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Hartlett done an ACL at training evidently
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Apparently Hartlett has done an ACL at training ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:43 pm

UK Fan wrote:Salt n pepa or Sam Powell pepper

I feel let down, I was expecting a parody of sorts
LMA
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:47 pm

In: Barry, Johnson

**** sake Ken you stubborn ****.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby UK Fan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Salt n pepa or Sam Powell pepper

I feel let down, I was expecting a parody of sorts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPECFQ4NhE

Well this suffice
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby LMA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 pm

morell wrote:In: Barry, Johnson

Goldy 50+ hitouts. North currently to win by over 15.5pts @$4, very tasty.
LMA
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 am

Terrible news for Hartlett, as an opposing supporter i hate how he does the fake tough stuff (similar to how you see Tex i spose) but he can seriously play and was back to his best form seemingly injury free. never good to see.

On another note, i wonder how you port lads see the clubs handling of the SPP 'saga' . IMO it seemed un professional compared to how your club under KT and Kock normally handle things. I know the AFL integrity unit input doesn't help, but Kock statement and then KT presser, i couldn't see what was really achieved from that?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby MW » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:02 am

I get the anger against Ch7 for going so early on this story but on the other hand, for Port to agree there was "inappropriate contact" with the girl, then refuse to say what that contact was or let anyone else view the footage makes them seem untruthful. It just makes Ch7 dig in even deeper.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:40 am

MW wrote:I get the anger against Ch7 for going so early on this story but on the other hand, for Port to agree there was "inappropriate contact" with the girl, then refuse to say what that contact was or let anyone else view the footage makes them seem untruthful. It just makes Ch7 dig in even deeper.

I guess KT did say it was in the eye of the beholder what constitutes sexual assault/inappropriate touching.. in this day and age where every man and his dog has an opinion on everything and always think they’re right, no doubt explaining what happened would’ve only served to open up a discussion and can of worms around it - would’ve been people who still would’ve likely claimed it was a sexual assault, others would’ve dismissed it, words would’ve been twisted and this saga would’ve played out a lot longer and worse for all involved.

I’ve got no dramas with KT or PAFC not providing details, and just leave it at that.

What I do wonder though is what benefit is to be had from PAFC going at the AFL and C7 over this - both arguably most important parties in the comp - one owns the comp, the other broadcasts.. surely can only end badly for PAFC?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:16 am

From this mornings paper, in essence, hesays I do not recall what I did, assumption that her version of events has been accepted, he has apologised publicly but not to her (she may not want it) and , in my view, Port will get a world of pain from this, maybe not this week or next month, but it will come back to them. Nothing good happens after midnight.

Port Adelaide midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper says he was too drunk to remember what happened with woman at CBD nightclub
Michelangelo Rucci, Sports Editor At Large, The Advertiser
April 26, 2018 10:41pm
Subscriber only
Port CEO hits back on Powell-Pepper
Koch puts Powell-Pepper before job at Seven
This case is far from closed
Powell-Pepper banned from AFL for three games
SAM Powell-Pepper admits he was too drunk to know exactly what happened on the dance floor of the Mr Kim’s nightclub at 3am during his late night on Hindley Street after playing an AFL game.

“I do not recall anything,” Powell-Pepper told The Advertiser in an exclusive interview.

“I was too intoxicated.”

The Port Adelaide midfielder does not even remember the name of the 20-year-old university student he was dancing with on Sunday, April 8 — and who the next day accused Powell-Pepper of inappropriate behaviour.

So the 20-year-old West Australian is relying on a 16-day AFL and club investigation to clear his name from accusations Powell-Pepper insists are not in his character.

Powell-Pepper has had no contact with the student who made her complaint about his behaviour to the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Sam Powell-Pepper details emerge after Port conference
“I’m sorry,” Powell-Pepper said. “I have not spoken to her, but I am very sorry for making her feel uncomfortable on that night. I’m sorry.”

Powell-Pepper’s recollection of Saturday, April 7 is playing against Brisbane at Adelaide Oval where the Power won by five points. His post-match plans were to join his teammates at Port Adelaide midfielder-forward Robbie Gray’s 30th birthday.

“Obviously,” adds Powell-Pepper, “I took it a bit further. I went to the city and got a bit too intoxicated and stayed past (the team’s 2am) curfew.

Port Adelaide’s Sam Powell-Pepper says he was too drunk to recall what happened on the dance floor at a nightclub and says he regrets making a woman who made a complaint feel uncomfortable. Picture: Sarah Reed
“I’ve a good recall of the start of the night. Leading towards the end of the night, there are parts I don’t recollect. But I should have never put myself in that situation, especially being an AFL player. It is not a very good example.”

Asked what he feels did wrong during his boozy late night on Hindley Street, Powell-Pepper responds: “I accept that I drank way too much.

“I put myself in the situation where I have made someone feel uncomfortable. I feel really regretful for that.”

But Powell-Pepper cannot give a full account of how he behaved on the dance floor where the allegations made by the university student and the AFL’s findings are vastly different.

The AFL investigators ruled Powell-Pepper “inappropriately touched” the university student. Neither the AFL nor Port Adelaide will detail what this actually means.

Not even Powell-Pepper will reveal what the “inappropriate touch” was.

“I do not recall anything,” he said. “I just know that I was too intoxicated. I’ve said there were parts of the night that I don’t remember.

“The AFL and Port Adelaide have done their investigation and found there is no sexual assault or indecent assault. I know that is not in my character. That is not who I am.

“I am taking full responsibility for making (the woman) feel uncomfortable that night. And whoever else I might have made feel uncomfortable.”

Powell-Pepper knows his reputation has taken a pounding — from last year being one of the AFL’s “rising stars” to this month the carrying the image of being a professional footballer misbehaving.

But the 20-year-old Port Adelaide midfielder says he is now feeling relief after the 16-day AFL investigation cleared him of the label of “sexual offender”.

“This (saga) is slowly coming to the end and I can finally start to focus on what I am here to do — and that is that is to play footy,” Powell-Pepper told The Advertiser. “So I am feeling relief.”

Powell-Pepper describes his worst moment after leaving Hindley Street in a drunken state around 4am on Sunday, April 8 was the next day when he was asked to explain his actions as the Port Adelaide Football Club dealt with the complaints of a 20-year-old female university student he had danced with at a nightclub.

“When it all hit the fan, in that first week,” Powell-Pepper said. “Being labelled as someone who sexually assaults people really hurt me.

“To be perceived like that in public really hurt me.

“I’m obviously a role model, a leader in the community; so it did not sit well at all with me. I was quite embarrassed.

“It also affected my family (in Perth). They knew I am not that type of person. They rallied around me.”

Powell-Pepper paid tribute to Power captain Travis Boak for backing him through the toughest moment in his two-year AFL journey.

“ ‘Boaky’ was there from day one; he has the shoulder I can cry on,” Powell-Pepper said. “I can talk to him about anything. “

Powell-Pepper will complete his three-game ban by missing Port Adelaide’s away clash with North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Saturday. He is hopeful of regaining his place in the AFL line-up the following weekend when the Power plays West Coast in Powell-Pepper’s home city of Perth.

TIMELINE TO A THREE-GAME BAN
APRIL 7: Sam Powell-Pepper plays in Port Adelaide’s five-point win against Brisbane at Adelaide Oval.

APRIL 8: Powell-Pepper leaves the Mr Kim’s nightclub in Adelaide in the early hours of the morning having broken the team’s 2am curfew and rules of excessive drinking in public.

APRIL 9: Female university student approaches the Port Adelaide Football Club — and Channel 7 in Adelaide — to take issue with Powell-Pepper’s behaviour in the nightclub.

APRIL 11: Port Adelaide bans Powell-Pepper for one game — against Essendon — for breaching team rules on curfew and drinking in public.

APRIL 22: Port Adelaide president David Koch rejects AFL’s initial findings of Powell-Pepper being guilty of “inappropriate behaviour” and questions how the AFL integrity unit has conducted its investigation.

APRIL 25: AFL hands Powell-Pepper a three-game ban for engaging “in inappropriate behaviour that is unbecoming for an AFL player by being intoxicated in a public place and by making inappropriate contact with a female.”

Powell-Pepper — as demanded by SANFL rules — plays for the Port Adelaide Magpies in the State league grand final rematch with Sturt at Unley Oval where he has 24 disposals.

APRIL 26: Powell-Pepper speaks publicly for the first time while Port Adelaide’s leaders maintain their fight to protect his reputation.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:22 am

Is it no surprise players opt to leave SA to play footy in other states? Where else would someone receive this constant scrutiny and media attention, even two days after the resolution of the findings?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am

What I do wonder though is what benefit is to be had from PAFC going at the AFL and C7 over this - both arguably most important parties in the comp - one owns the comp, the other broadcasts.. surely can only end badly for PAFC?

Exactly my thinking, I also think the presser will end up meaning the topic is in the media longer. Counter productive.

Sometimes its best to say nothing at all and get on with it.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:25 am

MW wrote:I get the anger against Ch7 for going so early on this story but on the other hand, for Port to agree there was "inappropriate contact" with the girl, then refuse to say what that contact was or let anyone else view the footage makes them seem untruthful. It just makes Ch7 dig in even deeper.

Firstly, it's not PAFC's footage to distribute, it does not belong the them.

Secondly, I'm not sure what's to be gained from having it released, it will either incriminate one party further or potentially ( I say potentially ) embarrass the other party if it appears innocuous.

Finally, one party was afforded and continues to be afforded anonymity and rightfully so, but from the outset wording such as "sexual assault" and that "her night took a sickening turn" were accompanied with Sam Powell-Peppers name. The AFL have found that the incident isn't considered by their integrity unit a sexual assault, but that's too late as C7 have been calling it that for two weeks.

In law, a sexual offender cannot be named until either facing court ( at which time a suppression order may be invoked - Bernie Finnigan ) or if they enter a guilty plea. Unfortunately SPP wasn't afforded any of this as he was deemed to have been guilty and of having committed a "sexual assault" 12 hours after the incident, by Channel 7's wording. This is what Port Adelaide are unhappy about and I'd say rightfully so.

The correct process was afforded only to one of the parties involved.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mots02 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am

morell wrote:In: Barry, Johnson

You have to admire his consistency
mots02