Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:28 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for Tomorrow
Balaklava to beat Hummocks by 5 goals - After watching Balak last week they are fit and a very good side. Without seeing Hummocks play, they didn't win by as much as predicted so on that basis Balaklava it is.
Angle Vale to beat Hamley by 15 goals - Just a guess but can't see Hamley winning this
Two Wells to beat Virginia by 8 goals - Predicting to be close at half time before Virginia fade away.

Hawkesbury Race 9 Roman Son - Scheduled to run at 4:20pm. All you paid players ask for your match payments at half time, then watch your money double.

Well, after last week you're certainly pretty handy on the racing tips haha

Just missed the AV margin, but more importantly I hope everyone doubled their money as promised :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for Tomorrow
Balaklava to beat Hummocks by 5 goals - After watching Balak last week they are fit and a very good side. Without seeing Hummocks play, they didn't win by as much as predicted so on that basis Balaklava it is.
Angle Vale to beat Hamley by 15 goals - Just a guess but can't see Hamley winning this
Two Wells to beat Virginia by 8 goals - Predicting to be close at half time before Virginia fade away.

Hawkesbury Race 9 Roman Son - Scheduled to run at 4:20pm. All you paid players ask for your match payments at half time, then watch your money double.

Well, after last week you're certainly pretty handy on the racing tips haha

Just missed the AV margin, but more importantly I hope everyone doubled their money as promised :D

The Two wells and Virginia game was close at qrt time.... and yeah then Virginia faded away as predicted. 35 to 12 in scoring shots! should be a cracking game this weekend between Balaklave V Two Wells
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Hummocks Watchman will have a gun recruit this upcoming week I’m hearing..............watch this space!!!!
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Hummocks Watchman will have a gun recruit this upcoming week I’m hearing..............watch this space!!!!

Does his name rhyme with fluke towel? ;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 am

Nigel Osborn and Angus Bruggemann named for Mallala. Huge ins.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Tips for the week
United / Hamley Bridge - I am hoping for Hamleys biggest defeat of the year here. Small oval, thinking United by 30 goals
Hummocks / Angle Vale - This will be there closest ever clash due to no Cicolella. Thinking Hummocks by 7 goals
Mallala / Virginia - Mallala with some massive ins. Will win this easily thinking around the 10 to 12 goal mark
Two Wells / Balaklava - Match of the round, think Two Wells will have too much height for Balaklava and get up by around 8 goals
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 pm

And since everyone has some cash built up now, whack it all on Iconclism Race 9 at Flemington. Can get $3 by using your power play. :D
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Robran » Fri May 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for the week
United / Hamley Bridge - I am hoping for Hamleys biggest defeat of the year here. Small oval, thinking United by 30 goals
Hummocks / Angle Vale - This will be there closest ever clash due to no Cicolella. Thinking Hummocks by 7 goals
Mallala / Virginia - Mallala with some massive ins. Will win this easily thinking around the 10 to 12 goal mark
Two Wells / Balaklava - Match of the round, think Two Wells will have too much height for Balaklava and get up by around 8 goals

Angle vale lost there skipper last night at training with a bad ankle injury. Angle vale boys did say they think there a sneaky chance here.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby 23rd man » Fri May 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Angle Vale do realise there’s a bit of difference between Hamley and HWE don’t they??? Kidding themselves if they think they’re a sneaky chance!!! More chance they’ll finally show up with a full quota of Netball sides this week like the league stipulated they were meant to in order to join the league but we will see.......
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby OnSong » Fri May 04, 2018 11:15 pm

23rd man wrote:Angle Vale do realise there’s a bit of difference between Hamley and HWE don’t they??? Kidding themselves if they think they’re a sneaky chance!!! More chance they’ll finally show up with a full quota of Netball sides this week like the league stipulated they were meant to in order to join the league but we will see.......

Just got home from Happy Hour? Haha
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Sat May 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:And since everyone has some cash built up now, whack it all on Iconclism Race 9 at Flemington. Can get $3 by using your power play. :D

:D
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

I understand Virginia has been too late to challenge the suspension of Brendon Niklaus after he was reported on the weekend. He'll get 3 weeks.

Pretty sure the Rams were keen to challenge it too, not sure what happened there, they didn't think there was much in it. Anyway...

Also a VFC reserves player, reckon his name may be Robert Harley, also got a holiday.

Aside from that, got a piece on Jared Wilson for this week's Local Football Legends column in the Gameday budget Saturday.

Great bloke. Following up from the controversial Denis Eaton story. Wowee. Can he talk or what!? Haha
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu May 10, 2018 3:04 pm

OnSong wrote:I understand Virginia has been too late to challenge the suspension of Brendon Niklaus after he was reported on the weekend. He'll get 3 weeks.

Pretty sure the Rams were keen to challenge it too, not sure what happened there, they didn't think there was much in it. Anyway...

Also a VFC reserves player, reckon his name may be Robert Harley, also got a holiday.

Aside from that, got a piece on Jared Wilson for this week's Local Football Legends column in the Gameday budget Saturday.

Great bloke. Following up from the controversial Denis Eaton story. Wowee. Can he talk or what!? Haha

Didn't see the big Nik incident obviously, but happy he got 3 as we have them on the last week of that. :D

Was a good read on Denno, Saturday, certainly can see how it could be taken as controversial. I can't personally remember much of his playing days other than I remember standing him one day when he played full forward when he was coaching Balak. Big Matt Oliver was a late out, who I was meant to get a crack at (would have got slaughtered by the way). Was pretty happy from a physical perspective to be standing Dennis instead, although I thought he still had a bit of pace about him.

Can't deny Eaton's passion for playing, comes through, not 100% sure what happened at Two Wells, but coincidentally or not, the club has been on an upward curve since the mid to late 2000's. Could also be totally unrelated.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Thu May 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:I understand Virginia has been too late to challenge the suspension of Brendon Niklaus after he was reported on the weekend. He'll get 3 weeks.

Didn't see the big Nik incident obviously, but happy he got 3 as we have them on the last week of that. :D

Was a good read on Denno, Saturday, certainly can see how it could be taken as controversial. I can't personally remember much of his playing days other than I remember standing him one day when he played full forward when he was coaching Balak. Big Matt Oliver was a late out, who I was meant to get a crack at (would have got slaughtered by the way). Was pretty happy from a physical perspective to be standing Dennis instead, although I thought he still had a bit of pace about him.

Can't deny Eaton's passion for playing, comes through, not 100% sure what happened at Two Wells, but coincidentally or not, the club has been on an upward curve since the mid to late 2000's. Could also be totally unrelated.

He coached Balak in 2001. How old are you? :lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

He coached Balak in 2001. How old are you? :lol:

Old enough to now be not playing :D
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby mighty hounds » Thu May 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Which issue was this in OS?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby hairy cat » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 pm

It seems like les Pearson is eyeing of a controversial resume to forward to 60 minutes
I tripped over the story on social media
The budget will sell out if this keeps up
But the "legend "put the boots into two wells the club he rolled into looking for a kick as a kid
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 11, 2018 11:18 am

Tips for the weekend:
United V Angle Vale - Would think United win this one, AV appear to be improving, but I will tip the Tigers by 10 goals in what will be dry conditions on the best deck in the comp under the water tower.
Mallala V Balaklava - Is match of the round with 2 of the top 3 teams coming up against each other. Neither team has any real weakness, just think Mallala midfield too strong, should win this by 6 goals plus
Two Wells V Hamley - Can Two Wells kick 40 goals? Will be the only thing interesting about this.
Hummocks V Vriginia - Another close match up on paper. 2 of the 3 teams battling for 4th, 5th and 6th on the ladder. Nik out swings me toward Hummocks who will need to improve on last weeks game. Hummocks by 2 goals

Load up on Osborne Bulls in race 6 at Scone tomorrow. Is short at $2.30 but when you win your not losing!
If you want some value, Tangled in the Derby at Morphetville tomorrow is around $6.50 but has a wide barrier to overcome.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm

hairy cat wrote:It seems like les Pearson is eyeing of a controversial resume to forward to 60 minutes
I tripped over the story on social media
The budget will sell out if this keeps up
But the "legend "put the boots into two wells the club he rolled into looking for a kick as a kid

You decide what definition of "legend" you apply to it:

legend |ˈlejənd|
noun
1 a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated : the legend of King Arthur | according to legend he banished all the snakes from Ireland.
2 an extremely famous or notorious person, esp. in a particular field : the man was a living legend | a Wall Street legend.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

Which issue was this in OS?

The week just gone. Round 3.
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy