Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:21 am

roar88 wrote:
Buster32 wrote:Fair game at trinity on the weekend! West Croydon were in the end pretty lucky to get the points IMO. Trinity will be very hard to beat at home and away this year. Very good structure and modern style game plan.
Poor form at a bloke on the Trinity bench spraying West Croydon players all game. Think he needs to do some research next time before spraying blokes. Not one player at West Croydon gets paid. Even the 4ft tall guy that kicked 10.

Ventured out there myself, the coach conducted himself terribly.
Trinity down by a chunk at qtr time, fought back well but I question some dirty tactics that was unseen in the first quarter by TOS.
Also noticed a few cameras out recording Aswell from WC.

Always does conduct himself terribly, nothing new there, it’s just another day ending in y

Jacob has always been a jet, one of the best players I’ve ever seen at this level.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am

Rabbdawg88 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:One of the WC MDO's is in all sorts and has potentially cost his club some points and some cash with his behaviour towards the umpires on Saturday.

WC are still on AAA

it'll all come out in the wash come Wed/Thursday and you'll just look like a dill for trying to deny it.

100% did not know the MDO got reported from what I was aware of it was just the player...
My apologies

I don't believe there was a report on the spot but a complaint lodged and I believe it's being investigated. In fairness of the other MDO and other officials at WC, they did try to calm this guy down and tell him to stop.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am

The Bedge wrote:
roar88 wrote:Red carded player can come back on after red card and accept automatic 2 game suspension or stay off and fight it but risk extra weeks

:shock: Surely this isn't accurate?!

Doesn’t sound right but depends on the severity of the report. I thought it was if it was going to be a prescribed penalty he is off for 10 mins (can’t be replaced) and then can return. Striking is not a prescribed penalty though, I don’t think? :roll:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
roar88 wrote:Red carded player can come back on after red card and accept automatic 2 game suspension or stay off and fight it but risk extra weeks

:shock: Surely this isn't accurate?!

Doesn’t sound right but depends on the severity of the report. I thought it was if it was going to be a prescribed penalty he is off for 10 mins (can’t be replaced) and then can return. Striking is not a prescribed penalty though, I don’t think? :roll:

We had a couple of red card in our match a couple of weeks ago and found out that the umpire can now decide if a red carded player is on report or not. Two players one from each team received a red card and were allowed back on after 10 minutes and they weren’t placed on report.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:31 am

My mind is blown that anyone who gets a red card is allowed back on, even more so if they're going to accept an auto 2 game suspension following the game! Wouldn't that just confirm their guilt?! Why should someone be allowed to continue on in the game if they've committed an offence worthy of a suspension?! :shock:

Imagine if it's a 30+ year old bloke at the end of his career, does something stupid, realises that's probably it for him, says he will take the prescribed penalty, comes back on and starts whacking blokes?

Or it's a guy sitting on 11 games suspension, no one knows, same thing - knows he's done and getting deregistered so comes back on and goes out with a bang?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Rabbdawg88 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am

The Bedge wrote:My mind is blown that anyone who gets a red card is allowed back on, even more so if they're going to accept an auto 2 game suspension following the game! Wouldn't that just confirm their guilt?! Why should someone be allowed to continue on in the game if they've committed an offence worthy of a suspension?! :shock:

Imagine if it's a 30+ year old bloke at the end of his career, does something stupid, realises that's probably it for him, says he will take the prescribed penalty, comes back on and starts whacking blokes?

Or it's a guy sitting on 11 games suspension, no one knows, same thing - knows he's done and getting deregistered so comes back on and goes out with a bang?

No so it’s umpires discretion, it wasn’t a violent act so it was the umpires call on red card, comes back on accepts automatic 2 weeks or stays off and fight it and risk more weeks.
If you king hit someone and the umpire gives red he then will make the call, which would be red card can not come back on and get slammed by the panel.
Rabbdawg88
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Rabbdawg88 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:25 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Rabbdawg88 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:One of the WC MDO's is in all sorts and has potentially cost his club some points and some cash with his behaviour towards the umpires on Saturday.

WC are still on AAA

it'll all come out in the wash come Wed/Thursday and you'll just look like a dill for trying to deny it.

100% did not know the MDO got reported from what I was aware of it was just the player...
My apologies

I don't believe there was a report on the spot but a complaint lodged and I believe it's being investigated. In fairness of the other MDO and other officials at WC, they did try to calm this guy down and tell him to stop.

Yeah well first I’ve heard of it footy chick, definitely blind sided by that and had no clue as I’m just now hearing about it all
Rabbdawg88
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

Rabbdawg88 wrote:No so it’s umpires discretion, it wasn’t a violent act so it was the umpires call on red card, comes back on accepts automatic 2 weeks or stays off and fight it and risk more weeks.
If you king hit someone and the umpire gives red he then will make the call, which would be red card can not come back on and get slammed by the panel.

I get that it's the umpires discretion to allow the player to return, just amazes me that an umpire would allow a player who has received a red to return to the game - regardless of what the act was... Just think it has the potential to open a serious can of worms.

Can't you go the other way anyway? Issue a yellow and then upgrade to red later? I think I'd prefer umpires did that - give a yellow, then upgrade after the game if they decide it warrants further punishment.

Eh not my problem anyway :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Rabbdawg88 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 am

The Bedge wrote:
Rabbdawg88 wrote:No so it’s umpires discretion, it wasn’t a violent act so it was the umpires call on red card, comes back on accepts automatic 2 weeks or stays off and fight it and risk more weeks.

I get that it's the umpires discretion to allow the player to return, just amazes me that an umpire would allow a player who has received a red to return to the game - regardless of what the act was... Just think it has the potential to open a serious can of worms.

Can't you go the other way anyway? Issue a yellow and then upgrade to red later? I think I'd prefer umpires did that - give a yellow, then upgrade after the game if they decide it warrants further punishment.

Eh not my problem anyway :lol:

Yep totally understand where your coming from, good point.
Rabbdawg88
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Deadset what’s the point in giving someone a red card if they can come back onto the field in that game.
That’s why there is a yellow card surely.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:27 pm

More a case of some umpires making things up as they go along. It was my understanding that ALL red cards are to be reported and only the league determines if a pre-tribunal penalty can be determined rather than turn up on a Wednesday night. As far as a player being allowed back on the ground, it is also my understanding that the umpire can allow a player back on after no less than 10 minutes if the reportable offence is at the minor end of the scale but where they are instructed to report the player instead of a yellow card. Example being a dangerous tackle which is something they started cracking down on last season. The rules say how long the player stays off is umpires discretion but I believe the Umpires Coach has told the umpires it is too much to think about and it should be only 2 choices. Rest of the game or 10 minutes of playing time - don't bother considering anything in between.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Views From the US » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Arch44 wrote:Seems to be a familiar pattern for away teams at Trinity.....Wonder if their antics will get scrutinized.

Want to enlighten what Trinity’s antics are?
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 pm

I was at Trinity Saturday and saw a good game of footy. WC dominated the back end of the first qtr and piled on 7 goals, besides that I would say Trinity were on top for the remainder, just couldn't get over the line. Certainly missed Cotter and Gibson up forward. Had chances to win it but couldn't quite finish it off, but will take heart out of the effort and game plan stood up for majority of the game, just cant have 15 minute lapses like they did against top sides, because they will punish you

Sumner is an out and out freak. Could not be stopped. Would have to be the best player to play at this level that I have seen, daylight second..

Not going to comment on the officials saga, its taking the light off what was a good game of footy
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby roar88 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:20 pm

human_torpedo wrote:I was at Trinity Saturday and saw a good game of footy. WC dominated the back end of the first qtr and piled on 7 goals, besides that I would say Trinity were on top for the remainder, just couldn't get over the line. Certainly missed Cotter and Gibson up forward. Had chances to win it but couldn't quite finish it off, but will take heart out of the effort and game plan stood up for majority of the game, just cant have 15 minute lapses like they did against top sides, because they will punish you

Sumner is an out and out freak. Could not be stopped. Would have to be the best player to play at this level that I have seen, daylight second..

Not going to comment on the officials saga, its taking the light off what was a good game of footy

Absolute ripper game of footy, that little sumner stood strong and handled that pressure to kick his 10th and in the end win them the game
roar88
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:05 pm

beef wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
roar88 wrote:
Rabbdawg88 wrote:Pretty simple really, a player got a card and officials were trying figure out the interpretations of the red card rule that was given to a PLAYER.

I heard it all as I was standing near the interchange and both runners were trying to figure it out, end result
Red carded player can come back on after red card and accept automatic 2 game suspension or stay off and fight it but risk extra weeks

And, yes, I understand that this conversation did occur. As Trinity officials were saying they'd learnt a new rule today and explained it to me pretty much the way you wrote it there.

That's a really tough decision to make in the heat of battle, by the way. I have sympathy for anyone contemplating that.

So you can king hit someone get sent off with a red and come back on and get 2 weeks or stay off and probably get 8. Not sure that is a deterrent for thugs

In some ways I agree with this, but only if it is the other way around. Player knows they are guilty so they stay off the field and accept the prescribed penalty.

Other way around, player believes they are innocent and are going to challenge it at a Tribunal, return to the field. This does need to allow the umpire to remove a player altogether if necessary.

I have seen a number of times over the years where a player has been red-carded, yet later found not guilty - meanwhile they have been penalized the rest of the game for no offence, and their team has been down a player as a result.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Out of curiosity, who is the onus on to supply a clash guernsey? I have heard conflicting reports across the years as to who has to actually wear them and when..

The B grade Trinity v WC was an absolute eye sore with the predominantly yellow home strip of Trinity and yellow/brown stripes of WC.. In the A grade common sense prevailed and Trinity wore their away strip which is predominantly blue and was far better for all to watch. Obviously wont be an issue in the return leg as Trinity will be wearing the blue away strip anyway in both grades

But in case of a clash, does the away side have to provide an alternative strip? I genuinely don't know
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Don't think TOS and WC are listed as a clash, but I thought it was the older established club has right of way and the other club has to wear an alternate? Probably wrong though. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Clashes are listed in the Handbook and having a quick look Trinity and WC are not listed as a clash
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Its the away team that has to wear a clash jumper
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Executive Member » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:Don't think TOS and WC are listed as a clash, but I thought it was the older established club has right of way and the other club has to wear an alternate? Probably wrong though. :lol:

of course you are :lol:
that was the old rule, away side wears clash now
In this case if its not listed the away side is under no obligation to change, if the home side thinks it is a clash they can raise it with The League for it to be reviewed. Obviously TOSSERS & WC didn't think it has been an issue the last few years they have played each other
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League