AFL Runde sechs

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Runde sechs

Postby saintal » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
carey wrote:Essendon literally have no leaders at all.

Joe needs a couple of weeks in the 2’s he is a liability at the minute. But he ain’t the only one Essendon are terrible which makes Port even worse.

Picked Melbourne. Having a chuckle at a couple of bomber mates who got caught up in the hype of their ‘recruits’ and talks of finals footy. Told them they were no good.

I think most realistic Bomber supporters had us around the 7th to 8th mark at best if everything went right. Looking more likely to be bottom 3. When the coach loses the players it’s all over.

Is this is what’s happening?? The coach has lost the players?

Woosha recently extended til 2020 from memory. AFL clubs love throwing unwarranted extensions at coaches.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:05 pm

saintal wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:[quote="carey"]Essendon literally have no leaders at all.

Joe needs a couple of weeks in the 2’s he is a liability at the minute. But he ain’t the only one Essendon are terrible which makes Port even worse.

Picked Melbourne. Having a chuckle at a couple of bomber mates who got caught up in the hype of their ‘recruits’ and talks of finals footy. Told them they were no good.

I think most realistic Bomber supporters had us around the 7th to 8th mark at best if everything went right. Looking more likely to be bottom 3. When the coach loses the players it’s all over.

Woosha recently extended til 2020 from memory. AFL clubs love throwing unwarranted extensions at coaches.[/quote]
We can afford to pay him out and the knives are being sharpened amongst the power brokers at the club. He will be gone by time the bye comes around unless things change quickly
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Turbo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
saintal wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Turbo"][quote="carey"]Essendon literally have no leaders at all.

Woosha recently extended til 2020 from memory. AFL clubs love throwing unwarranted extensions at coaches.[/quote]
We can afford to pay him out and the knives are being sharpened amongst the power brokers at the club. He will be gone by time the bye comes around unless things change quickly[/quote]

That’s a massive call
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
saintal wrote:
Turbo wrote:[quote="Jim05"][quote="Turbo"][quote="carey"]Essendon literally have no leaders at all.

We can afford to pay him out and the knives are being sharpened amongst the power brokers at the club. He will be gone by time the bye comes around unless things change quickly[/quote]

That’s a massive call[/quote]
The coteries and high rollers that run the club are filthy at how things are going and there have been rumblings ever since his contract was extended. Wouldn’t be the first coach that has been paid out by the coteries
Jim05
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:58 am

That would have to be a first...a coach fired without even starting the contract period!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:00 pm

MW wrote:That would have to be a first...a coach fired without even starting the contract period!

I don’t think the board will sack him as it leaves their positions untenable as they were the ones who extended his contract 2 weeks into the season. Emergency board meeting set for this week apparently and I’d imagine the assistants will be under the gun and that will be an easier fix. It is the coteries that are pushing for a complete clean out, will be interesting to see how much traction it gets
Jim05
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm

who are the assistants? From memory they are all former head coaches in the AFL
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm

MW wrote:who are the assistants? From memory they are all former head coaches in the AFL

Neeld, Harvey and Skipworth.
All 3 absolute duds
Jim05
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:06 pm

too many chiefs and a pleb
MW
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Good thing they are sponsored by a health company, because it will easier for them to get their severe case choking looked at.

I'll see myself out ;)

Take those **** Kennedy and Sinclair with you. :evil:

;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mots02 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Daisy gives us wonderful insights like if it was a cricket match the umpires would have the lighty meter out. **** me shes not on radio we can see the light with our own eyes.
Yeah, nah shes top notch quality on the boundary.
My lordy i see what you mean about what shes wearing

Found a pic of Daisy receiving a warm welcome as she trys to enter the safooty forum :)
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Channel 7s daisy is still much better than safooty’s daisy :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

bennymacca wrote:Channel 7s daisy is still much better than safooty’s daisy :)

=D>
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:Channel 7s daisy is still much better than safooty’s daisy :)

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Richmond/Hawks and North holding Victorian footy together :)

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Biggest surprise packet has been West Coast. They look a different team at the moment.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:Biggest surprise packet has been West Coast. They look a different team at the moment.

Aided by a very favourable draw so far, although the margin drifted out to 29 points with a few goals in junk time, I thought they got robbed against Sydney, it was a 20-28 free kick count but where they occured and what got missed was appalling, could well have been 6-0.

It's hard to actually gauge where everyone is, Sydney win the ones they shouldn't and lose the ones they're meant to win, Adelaide similar, GWS can't put sides away.

Richmond are probably the form side, an expected away loss to the Crows, haven't set a foot wrong apart form that.

Geelong, Collingwood and Melbourne will be the ones that challenge those that are currently in the 8 leaving a 6-way battle for 3 spots as Port, Hawthorn and North will come under seige.

Safe to say that Richmond, GWS, Adelaide, Sydney and West Coast should be around the pointy end of the season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm not convinced on WCE or my mob (yet).
Think GWS and Richmond are the only locks so far.
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:18 pm

MW wrote:I'm not convinced on WCE or my mob (yet).

Yep I'm the same toward the Eagles .. With their best dozen players fit they should make the 8, but they've had a decent draw and not much injury disruption. By the same token they have some ok kids so if they could dip in form, I guess they could also get better.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:43 pm

JK wrote:
MW wrote:I'm not convinced on WCE or my mob (yet).

Yep I'm the same toward the Eagles .. With their best dozen players fit they should make the 8, but they've had a decent draw and not much injury disruption. By the same token they have some ok kids so if they could dip in form, I guess they could also get better.

Yeah, I may have taken the gun out of the holster a tad early, looking at the draw I have them as 6 that they should win, 7 that they are likely to lose and three 50/50's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL